Thread: New mobile

Thanks

Default New mobile

Ok - the old phone is 2 years old - time for a new one - so I was wondering what you think is the better phone and why.....

I am looking at getting a phone in the next couple of months and I like the touch phones that are currently out there but I have seen a few of you "bitch" about certian things some wont do and problems that they have - so what is better at the moment?

The phone needs to take the place of my pda and have a good quality camera

thanks

f

Look Here ->
    Thanks

The new Sony Ericsson C905 is looking good!

Thanks

I have a viewty and like the idea of touchscreens a lot, especially for the landscape qwerty keyboard for text messages. But a viewty is not a smart phone so I would not recommend it to replace a PDA.

I am due a new phone also, and I would have got an iphone if not for the crap camera on it.

I have heard rumours the Samsung Omnia will be coming to optus soon and I like the look of it a lot, so i am going to wait a few months and see if it pops up. Its windows mobile 6.1 so should work well as far as replacing your PDA.

Also I have heard about a Nokia N series touchscreen but nokia like to talk a lot about phones months and months before release dates, so I would say it is at least 6 months off.

Is the C905 touchscreen? Is it a smart phone? UIQ?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rank1 View Post
    I have a viewty and like the idea of touchscreens a lot, especially for the landscape qwerty keyboard for text messages. But a viewty is not a smart phone so I would not recommend it to replace a PDA.

I am due a new phone also, and I would have got an iphone if not for the crap camera on it.

I have heard rumours the Samsung Omnia will be coming to optus soon and I like the look of it a lot, so i am going to wait a few months and see if it pops up. Its windows mobile 6.1 so should work well as far as replacing your PDA.

Also I have heard about a Nokia N series touchscreen but nokia like to talk a lot about phones months and months before release dates, so I would say it is at least 6 months off.

Is the C905 touchscreen? Is it a smart phone? UIQ?

Hey fonej I was thinking the same thing - I currently have a sony ericcson K800i and it seems they haven't changed much with the operating system. The camera is def a positive. I find that making appointments a little difficult on the phone - and as such I use the pda (and for other things as well)

Rank1 - The Windows 6.1 is something that I am use to and works well and I was thinking about looking at the samsung. I have seen the iphone and the htc diamond and I like the operation of the diamond - just a bit too small and slow - and the iphone - well - is old now and I thought they would of fixed its issues with basic operations

Some of the htc phones have the slide qwerty keyboards - but the keyboards are a little small and I have been told hard to use.

I just dont want to get something that I wont like

f

Thanks

The telstra shop in Melbourne's CBD lets you try out working models of all their phones on offer. If you are in Melbourne it would be worth popping in for a half hour test run of whats available