Thread: Happy Oz day!

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,458 Times in 1,141 Posts

Default Happy Oz day!

Better start with the anthem "Advance Australia Fair" - Jimmy Barnes version
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82P8KfHgmNM"]YouTube - Australian National Anthem[/ame]
    Last edited by Fernbay; 24-05-09 at 03:32 PM.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Have a beer or two, throw a snag and a shrimp onda bbq... Ozzi day eat your heart out

Thanks
    Thanked 2,207 Times in 1,132 Posts

Driving around the Gold Coast today and I have
    never seen so many Australia flags every where on houses, cars,
    shops, arms, faces and all with young and old people
    makes me proud to be an Australian

have a beer for me too
    When you do things right, people won't be sure that you have done anything at all

Thanks

Talking Happy Australia Day 26th January

I just received the below email last night,although it originally had fancy colourful text and waving Aussie flags,jumping kangaroos etc to jazz it up a bit.
    So here is the "No Frills" Note Pad version;

HAPPY AUSTRALIA DAY 26TH JANUARY

Australia- The Right to Leave

Our Country - YOU Have the right - the right to leave !

After Sydney not wanting to offend other cultures by putting up Xmas lights.

After hearing that the State of South Australia changed its opinion and let a Muslim woman have her picture on her driver's license with her face covered.

This prompted this editorial written by an Australian citizen. Published in an Australian newspaper.

Quote:

IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT. Take It Or Leave It !
    I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Bali , we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Australians.

However, the dust from the attacks had barely settled when the "politically correct" crowd began complaining about the possibility that our patriotism was offending others. I am not against immigration, nor do I hold a grudge against anyone who is seeking a better life by coming to Australia .

However, there are a few things that those who have recently come to our country, and apparently some born here, need to understand.

This idea of Australia being a multicultural community has served only to dilute our sovereignty and our national identity. As Australians, we have our own culture, our own society, our own language and our own lifestyle.

This culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles, trials and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom.

We speak ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part
    Of our society, Learn the language!

"God save the Queen" is our National Motto. This is not some Christian, right wing, political slogan. We adopted this motto because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you
    Consider another part of the world as your new home, Because God is part of our culture.

If the Southern Cross offends you, or you don't like " A Fair Go", then you should seriously consider a move to another part of this planet.

We are happy with our culture and have no desire to change, And we really don't care how you did things where you came from.

This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this.

But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our National Motto, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage
    You take advantage of one other great Australian freedom,

"THE RIGHT TO LEAVE"

If you aren't happy here then f#@* off! We didn't force you to come here. You asked to be here.

So accept the country that accepted YOU .

Pretty easy really, when you think about it.

I figure if we all keep passing this to our friends (and enemies) it will also, sooner or later get back to the complainers, lets all try, please.

No matter how many times you receive it... Please forward it to all you know .
    . . . . Advance Australia Fair

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,458 Times in 1,141 Posts

It was a sad day when the race card was played & bogans decided it was cool to be patriotic

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Firebird View Post
    I just received the below email last night,although it originally had fancy colourful text and waving Aussie flags,jumping kangaroos etc to jazz it up a bit.
    So here is the "No Frills" Note Pad version;

HAPPY AUSTRALIA DAY 26TH JANUARY

Australia- The Right to Leave

Our Country - YOU Have the right - the right to leave !

After Sydney not wanting to offend other cultures by putting up Xmas lights.

After hearing that the State of South Australia changed its opinion and let a Muslim woman have her picture on her driver's license with her face covered.

This prompted this editorial written by an Australian citizen. Published in an Australian newspaper.

Quote:

IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT. Take It Or Leave It !
    I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Bali , we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Australians.

However, the dust from the attacks had barely settled when the "politically correct" crowd began complaining about the possibility that our patriotism was offending others. I am not against immigration, nor do I hold a grudge against anyone who is seeking a better life by coming to Australia .

However, there are a few things that those who have recently come to our country, and apparently some born here, need to understand.

This idea of Australia being a multicultural community has served only to dilute our sovereignty and our national identity. As Australians, we have our own culture, our own society, our own language and our own lifestyle.

This culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles, trials and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom.

We speak ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part
    Of our society, Learn the language!

"God save the Queen" is our National Motto. This is not some Christian, right wing, political slogan. We adopted this motto because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you
    Consider another part of the world as your new home, Because God is part of our culture.

If the Southern Cross offends you, or you don't like " A Fair Go", then you should seriously consider a move to another part of this planet.

We are happy with our culture and have no desire to change, And we really don't care how you did things where you came from.

This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this.

But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our National Motto, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage
    You take advantage of one other great Australian freedom,

"THE RIGHT TO LEAVE"

If you aren't happy here then f#@* off! We didn't force you to come here. You asked to be here.

So accept the country that accepted YOU .

Pretty easy really, when you think about it.

I figure if we all keep passing this to our friends (and enemies) it will also, sooner or later get back to the complainers, lets all try, please.

No matter how many times you receive it... Please forward it to all you know .
    . . . . Advance Australia Fair

Nearly the same version here posted here: just this version has less of the Americanisms taken out.

Thanks

Good one Firebird i will drink to that
    Been there done that

Thanks

Wink She'll be right mate . . .

Quote Originally Posted by ssrattus View Post
    Nearly the same version here posted here: just this version has less of the Americanisms taken out.
    Yep sure is , i thought that i'd better modify it to sound more "Aussie" like
    (when compared to the supposed Americanized redneck version) . . . LOL
    . . . btw,yes true the other version was posted in the original Austech database quite a while ago.

. . . I dont perceive my modified version to be at all "racist" by any standard, it's rather simple factual points of interest to be noted by those concerned.

Thanks

Being a first generation, born and breed Aussie, from a wog family line....
    Ill drink to that too

A great Australia day to all

Thanks

happy australia day all to bad im working :/

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TNA View Post
    happy australia day all to bad im working :/
    Mate thats very UnAustralian!

Thanks

Nice to see the Christians get a mention ..... But no one ever mentions the more popular Athiests ?? Funny that,

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

A pity about the idiots in perth that spoilt the day for families by engaging in drunken rioting

Thanks

A bit of trouble on the Gold and Sunshine coasts as well...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Firebird View Post
    Yep sure is , i thought that i'd better modify it to sound more "Aussie" like
    (when compared to the supposed Americanized redneck version) . . . LOL
    . . . btw,yes true the other version was posted in the original Austech database quite a while ago.

. . . I dont perceive my modified version to be at all "racist" by any standard, it's rather simple factual points of interest to be noted by those concerned.
    Not this sh!t again. If previous experience is anything to go by, i will probably get a warning for correcting this again. But I do like how this version introduces whole new inaccuracies (God save the queen?) and still leaves most of the American ones in.

I am not going to make a call on whether this is racist or not (it seems to be more offensive to Australians than people from overseas to me) but it sure as hell aint "factual"...

In think i might get a t-shirt made up "Australia: Know it or the shut !@#$ up about it!"

Happy Australia Day to ALL Australians...

p.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

I am surprised you even took the bait pollywaffle and replied. Its about the fourth time the same thread has appeared in 12 months.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sanity View Post
    I am surprised you even took the bait pollywaffle and replied. Its about the fourth time the same thread has appeared in 12 months.
    They've actually all been slightly different each time - so there are new things to correct with each different version (seriously, where did "God save the queen" come from?). You'd think eventually someone would be able to bust out a version of this that is roughly accurate with so many goes at it.

I think the problem is that they keep using that stupid American template and none of them have really twigged to the fact that Australia and America are actually different countries - particularly with all the "culture wars" religious right nonsense that is fortunately pretty irrelevant here...

p.

Thanks

hows this one

God bless Australia!

WE ARE ONE!

We are the people of a free nation of blokes, sheilas and the occasional wanker.

We come from many lands (although a few too many of us come from New Zealand), and although we live in the best

country in the world, we reserve the right to bitch and moan about it whenever we bloody like.

We are One Nation but divided into many States.

VICTORIA

First, there's Victoria, named after a queen who didn't believe in lesbians.

Victoria is the realm of Mossimo turtlenecks, cafe latte, grand final day, and big horse races.

Its capital is Melbourne, whose chief marketing pitch is that "it's liveable". At least that's what they think.

The rest of us think it is too bloody cold and wet.

New South Wales

Next, there's NSW, the realm of pastel shorts, macchiato with sugar, thin books read quickly and millions of dancing queens.

Its capital Sydney has more queens than any other city in the world and is proud of it.

Its mascots are Bondi lifesavers who pull their Speedos up their cracks to keep the left and right sides of their brains separate.

Tasmania

Down south we have Tasmania, a State based on the notion that the family that bonks together stays together. In Tassie, everyone gets an extra chromosome at conception.

Maps of the State bring smiles to the sternest faces.

It holds the world record for a single mass shooting, which the Yanks can't seem to beat no matter how often they try.

South Australia

South Australia is the province of half-decent reds, a festival of foreigners and bizarre axe murders.

SA is the state of innovation. Where else can you so effectively reuse country bank vaults and barrels as in Snowtown, just out of Adelaide (also named after a queen).

They had the Grand Prix, but lost it when the views of Adelaide sent the Formula One drivers to sleep at the wheel.

Western Australia

Western Australia is too far from anywhere to be relevant.

It's main claim to fame is that it doesn't have daylight saving because if it did, all the men would get erections on the bus on the way to work.

WA was the last state to stop importing convicts and many of them still work there in the government and business.

Northern Territory

The Northern Territory is the red heart of our land. Outback plains, sheep stations the size of Europe, kangaroos, Jackaroos, emus, Uluru, and dusty kids with big smiles.

It also has the highest beer consumption of anywhere on the planet and its creek beds have the highest aluminium content of anywhere too.

Although the Territory is the centrepiece of our national culture, few of us live there and the rest prefer to fly over it on our way to Bali.

Queensland

And there's Queensland.

While any mention of God seems silly in a document defining a nation of half arsed sceptics, it is worth noting that God probably made Queensland, as its beautiful one day and perfect the next.

Why he filled it with dickheads remains a mystery.

Australian Capital Territory

Oh yes and there's Canberra.

The less said the better.

We want to make "no worries mate" our national phrase, "she'll be right mate" our national attitude and "Waltzing Matilda“ our national anthem (so what if it's about a sheep-stealing crim who commits suicide).

We love sport so much our newsreaders can read the death toll from a sailing race and still tell us who's winning.

And we're the best in the world at all the sports that count, like cricket, netball, rugby league and union, AFL, roo shooting, two up and horse racing.

Stand proud Aussies - we shoot, we root, we vote.

We are girt by sea and pissed by lunchtime.

I am, you are, we are Australian!

PS. We also shoot and eat the two animals that are on our National Crest!!!!

No other country has this distinction!

Happy Australia Day