Thread: GTMedia boxes

Thanks

Default GTMedia boxes

Hi,
    looking at GT media boxes (e.g. v7 or v8) - wondering if anyone has experience with them? Which one is better etc. Don't require much, just simple, just to pick up stations off my 2.3 m dish.
    2.3 M Phoenix C-Band dish, Star C-Band LNBF, 24" Actuator, Phoenix V-box, Strong 4930L decoder & ex-foxtel KU-Band dish, Sharp twin LNBF

Look Here ->
    Thanks

I have the GT media V8UJD box which I am happy with has all the features useful for C and KU band searching as well as UHD capability and a terrestrial tuner included

The GTmedia V8X is similar in operation but only does Satellite and HD but is a good receiver.

I tested a GTmedia V9 Prime and even though it had a similar interface to V8UHD the tuner was flaky and insensitive and I would not recommend it

The GTmedia V9 Combo Sat receiver with android based interface

All these receivers have softcam and CS interfaces which can be useful in specific circumstances

The GTmedia V7 are just older models

There used to be an Australian seller or agent on Ebay but of late the only source is China sellers with extended delivery times.

Prices vary greatly so shop around.

Thanks

Thanks for the info cmoore. I only want it for satellite and HD is fine for me, but also I'm interested in IPTV. I noticed on some vids online they showed a list of channels, I assume with one of those firmware updates. Is it possible to manually put in the iptv url addresses? Also, is there a firmware update with Oz sats and their TPs do you know? Just a bit lazy to input them myself.
    I saw the difference in prices - focusing on ebay.
    2.3 M Phoenix C-Band dish, Star C-Band LNBF, 24" Actuator, Phoenix V-box, Strong 4930L decoder & ex-foxtel KU-Band dish, Sharp twin LNBF

• The Following User Says Thank You to Mattsat For This Useful Post:

cmoore (06-09-22)

Thanks

Yes you can add your own IPTV list as a M3U file and this generates a list of your favourite IPTV chs.

I haven’t tried creating an IPTV icon list

There is no preset OZ region satellite list but a simple addition of each sat in the satellite setup menu and then do a Blindscsn will produce the transponder list. If there is enough interest I probably could upload a backup list if required but to be honest it is a quick and simple exercise to create your own sat list and then backup onto a USB.
    Last edited by cmoore; 06-09-22 at 11:35 AM.

• The Following User Says Thank You to cmoore For This Useful Post:

Mattsat (26-08-22)

Thanks

Howdy, that is very helpful about the IPTV, thanks. Found a list on G.....b which looks like it is updated daily. I'll work out the icon part.
    Yes, I'm only interested in one sat now, as my actuator is nearly seizing and there ain't much of interest on the others so I'll just do a blind scan.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Mattsat For This Useful Post:

cmoore (06-09-22)

Thanks

deals with all the GT Media receivers.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to B52 For This Useful Post:

cmoore (06-09-22),Mattsat (29-08-22)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cmoore View Post
    Yes you can add your own IPTV list as a M3U file and this generates a list of your favourite IPTV chs.

I haven’t tried creating an IPTV icon list
    Hi, I got a GTMedia V8X. When putting the M3U URL into the Customize section and saving, it takes an awful long time to read data and nothing is happening, or is it meant to be quicker? Also, tried uploading a list on a usb and it asks whether I want to add it, but I push yes and then there is nothing to show for it. Do you have any ideas?