Thread: Alien vs. Predator

Thanks

Default Alien vs. Predator

Another rubbish installment to what could be a summer blockbuster. Material is there but badly F#$ed up by two moronic brother directors who have no idea about film making. If you have seen the trailer don't bother seeign the movie because all the action there to see in the movie is shown in the trailer.

Weak story (with stupid holes innit) , bad acting, dodgy effects.

I'll be generous - 3/10

Look Here ->
    Thanks

bugger... was hoping that without the "pg-13" restriction of the first they would go all out.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,203 Times in 391 Posts

Since when did those type of movies have a story anyway Lol. Just lots of blowing stuff up. And for some reason they never seem to die the first time.

Thanks

Trance, you are talking about the new one aren't you?

Thanks

Yeah, the new one (requiem). All shot in the dark you barely see a whole Alien and Predator fight. Mostly puppet and Predator suited stunt man action. Lots of carnage but not visually stunning (in a manner of speaking).
    As I said, its made by morons.

Thanks

"B" grade movie ,should have gone straight to DVD.

Premium Member, 2013 AFL tipping Champion!
    Thanks

watched this today, and agree this movie is very average.

Thanks

I've only seen bits and pieces of this but it seems like typical teen horror fare, i.e. teens being chased about in the dark by monsters. And hasn't the stature of the predators reduced somewhat since the first film? They don't look so menacing anymore - more like homeboys in hockey masks. Still, I'd like to see the whole thing but you guys aren't inspiring my confidence.

Thanks

Watched this yesterday. admittedly it was a CAM but was very hard to see what was going on. I still have NFI what it was about
    1/10

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by slickstu View Post
    I've only seen bits and pieces of this but it seems like typical teen horror fare, i.e. teens being chased about in the dark by monsters. And hasn't the stature of the predators reduced somewhat since the first film? They don't look so menacing anymore - more like homeboys in hockey masks. Still, I'd like to see the whole thing but you guys aren't inspiring my confidence.
    the first 45 mins or so it really just drags on and on with very little happening, i was extremely annoyed since i remember i wrote on here a couple years ago how i was pissed the 1st Avp was pg-13 in the states. Since this one was supposed to be "R" their equivilent of our MA more or less i thought the blood and gore would help the movie this time around.

I was obviously wrong! terrible acting from nearly everyone, they made it into a teen-orientated movie which ruined the whole experience for me

3/10

and you can see even in the US it has mega flopped since opening over there on Xmas day its struggled to even make 40mil.

Thanks

I was hoping this would be good. I guess I'll wait till it comes out on dvd, I guess it wont be long.

Thanks

Im really surprised that the studios actually let this pass the script review board considering the stature of the franchise. This installment has a hybrid Alien Predator doing the rounds which sadly does nothing to enhance the fear, awe or sheer imagination of the possibilites... which is what Sci Fi is all about..

Sadly were following a dodgy storyline lead by noname actors with very little talent and much less enthusiasm.

I thought it sucked dogs balls and considering im a HUGE fan of the Alien Franchise, very dissapoitned to say the least.

AVP1 was passable only because of Lance Henriksons appearance in addition to the location sets and nice detailed and vibrant fight scenes.

This however is an abysmal attempt to cash in on a franchise without much of an effort or more than likely budget.
    Put it this way, youl find more authentic feeling action in an episode of Supernatural
    Maybe they should have hired Kim Manners to do this.. prolly one of the best TV directors of our time, so he comes cheap at a million bux or so

If i was Ridley Scott (original director of Alien) id be pissed because much of what thie original has instilled within our minds about the Alien species and theyre survivability, has now been lost in this tirade of absolute garbage