Thread: Permaconn PM45v3 with Bosch 3000

Thanks

Default Permaconn PM45v3 with Bosch 3000

Hi everyone, just trying to get the Permaconn PM45 working with Bosch 3000. Its connected normally with IP, Mobile and HB all green but CID is red.

The monitoring company activated the Permaconn but advised that there is a connection issie between permaconn and panel. I have read on Bosch Security forums that PM45 is not compatable with Bosch 2000 or 3000. I should be using PM54 for 3000. Is this true.

Any help will be highly appreciated or I am missing something.

Thanks heaps.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Sounds like control room doesn't know the issue.

Make sure panel is programmed for cid reporting. Phone number is 8 digits and the account number is 4 digits.

The red cid light will go green once a valid message has been sent.

You can use a permaconn pm45

Thanks

Hi Adam,

Thank you for quick reply. When I programmed the number, they gave me 8 digits. The problem was there was a number entered before in the panel on first phone number on receiver 1. It was more than 8 digits. I couldnt delete it as it wasnt giving me any options to delete it. I read in the manual which advised that you need to enter 15151515 in the end to let the system know the end of the number.

So number from monitoring company is entered in the first phone number with first 8 digits and 15151515 in the end to fill up remaining slots.

Also with the account number, ( Is it a subscriber ID number ? ) I have entered 000186 as 0186 was the account number but manual advised that it needs to be 6 location so programmed it as 000186

Is it the right way to do it. Also do I need to make any other changes in the system to let the system know that we are using Permaconn. I have just connected the permaconn with 12v cable and antenna plugged in.

The system is set on Contact ID reporting format.

Thanks

The phone number and the account number programmed to the panel is not relevent, the permaconn will override this, use 12345678 for the primary and 87654321 for the secondary, I get the bureaus to do this so we can see what the panel is using (primary or secondary)

Do you have atlas so you can see the signal strength etc? If you do some diagnostics from that could assist, however your control room / bureau should be helping you out, we do for ours. What color is the CID light on the Permaconn, I will guess that it is red, which would indicate that the panel has not communicated to the permaconn

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xr5adam View Post
    The phone number and the account number programmed to the panel is not relevent, the permaconn will override this, use 12345678 for the primary and 87654321 for the secondary, I get the bureaus to do this so we can see what the panel is using (primary or secondary)

Do you have atlas so you can see the signal strength etc? If you do some diagnostics from that could assist, however your control room / bureau should be helping you out, we do for ours. What color is the CID light on the Permaconn, I will guess that it is red, which would indicate that the panel has not communicated to the permaconn
    Unfortunately, I dont have the access to Atlas. When I had a word with people in ADT security, they activated permaconn from their end and advised that signal strength is good. You are correct, the CID light on Pemaconn is red. Is there any settings I need to change in the panel to make it communicate. I didnt make any changes in the panel apart from just plugging the permaconn via 12v and attaching the ethernet cable and antenna in. Though I did put the primary and secondary number given by ADT security. As advised I cant delete the extra numbers after first 8 digits so had to put 15151515.

I am not sure why CID is red and not communicating to panel :-(

Thanks

PM45 will work for reporting on Bosch 2000/3000
    Where does the ethernet cable link too?
    Dialler reporting function enabled in programming?
    Have you connected the dialler lead from alarm panel on board socket to the PM45 socket?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by secure View Post
    PM45 will work for reporting on Bosch 2000/3000
    Where does the ethernet cable link too?
    Dialler reporting function enabled in programming?
    Have you connected the dialler lead from alarm panel on board socket to the PM45 socket?
    Adam, that could be the issue. Dialler lead is not connected from alarm panel telephone socket to PM45 socket.

Dialler reporting function should be enabled as the alarm panel is currently connected via the telephone lead on the NBN modem on the voice port. ADT is currently monitoring the security via telephone line from the modem only temporarily. They get the signals from that telephone line. SHOULD I ACTIVATE DIALLER REPORTING FUNCTION IN LOCATION 965.

Because this telephone line from the modem is customer main phone number but he needed the monitoring to go active asap, thats why we are using the telephone line from modem connected directly on the alarm panel temporarily to get the security active but he needs his telephone line back so need to put permaconn for his security options.

Ethernet cable is connected from the modem to the permaconn 45.

Much appreciate.

Thanks

You have made this more difficult than it is, whoever sold you the Permaconn should be the ones providing you the tech support orcall ADT control room, not a public fourm. Sorry I have many other things going on other than what has been provided already

Thanks

No worries mate. Much appreciated all your help. Cheers.