Thread: housing comission tenants escalating criminal behavior

Thanks

Default housing comission tenants escalating criminal behavior

There are tenants that live in a housing commission house down the street that are causing havoc in the neighborhood through criminal behavior. I know there are a number of people who have been in contact with the housing commission within the street who have complained and requested the disruptive criminals removed.

The police have been on multiple occasions and it seems because the person causing the majority of the issues is under age there is apparently nothing they can do about it.

Seems if you want to do criminal acts get your kids to do it then you get away with it.

I have even told housing commission that if this continues I will be taking them as the land owners to court for compensation as they are legally required to take action against these tenants.

two weeks ago they where walking around in the street with an air horn blowing it to cause nuisance.
    Today i went out to get my clothes off the line at 7:30pm (i fell asleep after work because i got no sleep last night unrelated) and then as soon as they saw my dog was out they came up and started teasing and tormenting my dog. i put the dog back inside and continued doing what i was doing and then they persisted to hurl abuse at me.
    They have been reported to RSPCA too who have taken note of the situation

When i ignored them they then all went down into gully to trespass on government property.

I am so sick of their garbage as is everyone else in the street that i have spoken to.

now i realize I can take the tenants to court as they are the ones that are causing the problem however they are on drugs and on centerlink so they wouldn't even be able to afford representation let alone any compensation they are ordered to pay. unless i can take part of their centerlink payments.

I have even considered moving however that really isn't an option due to there being no availability in housing on the market and there is incomplete construction underway at my address so hard to sell.

what can i do.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bazzy For This Useful Post:

eaglem (20-09-22),gulliver (20-09-22),Landytrack (27-09-22)

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Look Bazzy
    Have you try your local Council they can help you???

• The Following User Says Thank You to red star For This Useful Post:

eaglem (20-09-22)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,149 Times in 1,059 Posts

Unfortunately Paul Kersey (Death Wish) is no longer available to help.

This type of action is the only answer for this type of scum, as the authorities take no notice.

Many people will suffer before the left get overthrown and justice is restored.

End of rant.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Reschs For This Useful Post:

eaglem (20-09-22)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,514 Times in 835 Posts

thats a difficult one mate . and the trouble is if you try and take action against them the cops will take thier side not yours , such is the woke police system nowadays. I used a manage a houso repair team many moons ago so i have an idea of the type of multi generational dole bludging scum you are dealing with...Also back in my younger days id be firebombing any cars in thier driveway , poisoning any animals they have etc . but ive grown up since then I think you should escalate the matter to the state govt politician in your area and go as high up in the Houso dept as you can. Or complain to a current affair maybe

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,075 Times in 9,093 Posts

Anonymously, and I mean anonymously, nail pictures of them all over the place, with their address, and a small speil stating that they are the cause of violent criminal behaviour. It's not ideal, but short of employing The Equalizer, there isn't much else you can do. Be prepared to lie and say it wasn't you.

The authorities will do nothing.
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

eaglem (20-09-22),Landytrack (27-09-22)

Thanks

I have spoken to the local state members team and they just said "there not much in the way of housing available. if they get evicted they will be put on the street. we don't want that" that i replied with "there are many more deserving people on the street now that wouldn't dream of being disruptive"
    but our state member i actually refer to as the blob because she doesn't represent us at all. she is much like the housing commission tenants in that she sits there on the public funds and does nothing.

I took an issue with a Queensland law to her. basically a consequence of the interaction between pool fencing laws and laws surrounding liability and trespassing to her and was told that "it would take years to get this put through and that it is not worth it as it wouldn't effect enough people in our area." to that i replied that " pay rises for MP's don't effect people in our community other than a further hit to our pocket and you seem to get that through quickly and easily"

• The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to bazzy For This Useful Post:

enf (20-09-22),gulliver (20-09-22),Landytrack (27-09-22),puca (28-09-22),shred (21-09-22),VroomVroom (21-09-22)

Thanks

not much you can do apart from give them an old school chat.

Will get worse in qld if they pass what they want where 25% of
    all new estates to be alloctated for afforadable housing and social housing.

dont say linux if i wanted it id install it

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fandtm666 For This Useful Post:

eaglem (21-09-22),wotnot (21-09-22)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,970 Times in 1,528 Posts

Laws in this regard change Sept 1st ~

When that comes into effect, yourself and all others so affected will need/will have needed to file/lodge a complaint with the housing commission (forget about this 'contact' shit...put it in writing, or use the online form).

Similarly so, if the tenants are transgressing the law while in residency ~ same deal, everyone will need/will have needed to file/lodge a complaint with the local police (you can't complain to the housing commission about police matter....well, you can in reality, but then it's up to the housing commission as to whether or not they get the police involved).

When you see on the above page, depiction of a Muslim woman, I suppose you can guess how woke this has all become...YMMV.... bit like a game of 2-up =)

Personally....I know you're living in SE Qld's somewhat notorious place know as 'two-head city'...which has been known as a place all the lower classes go....for over 100years.... move 8)

What (if anything) will happen, is polemical ~ these are new laws and have yet to be put to the test in a court of law.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,514 Times in 835 Posts

according to that link Wotnot put up , there are plenty of reasons to evict the scumbags that Bazzy has to put up with. But - good luck getting the RTA / QCAT whatever to actually enforce these laws.

• The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to VroomVroom For This Useful Post:

eaglem (21-09-22),enf (21-09-22),Landytrack (27-09-22),wotnot (21-09-22)

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by VroomVroom View Post
    according to that link Wotnot put up , there are plenty of reasons to evict the scumbags that Bazzy has to put up with. But - good luck getting the RTA / QCAT whatever to actually enforce these laws.
    Exactly....
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

eaglem (21-09-22),wotnot (21-09-22)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,970 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VroomVroom View Post
    What are those words?....'the court of public opinion'.....and we're talking about public housing ~ given the participle demographic who apply for such housing, there will be some underlying daft logic which states that even if you managed to get these 'bad' tenants out, what are the odds the 'new' tenants that move in won't be any worse or the same? Like, dept of housing have 'some idea' about the social standing of ppl they're providing housing for ~ they are not that dumb or aloof to reality (lets hope not anyhow =)

So...this'll probably come across a bit pragmatic but it is what it is ~ if one scours through the tomes of Qld legal aid, you'll come across this pearl of wisdom...

If you have problems with public housing tenants (whether or not you are yourself a public housing tenant) you may lodge a complaint with the Department.
    The Department may need a petition signed by several other people and/or a order to consider the complaint.

I've left the link intact in case it's useful but point is you can see where this is coming from and headed ; and right now what matters is if any of the complainants are themselves living in dept of housing rentals or not (in 2 aspects =)

This is to say, that if said tenants are the PITA the OP here reports them as, then all those ppl the OP mentions that also find said tenants to be a PITA, will have no reservation/trouble with putting their name, address and signature to such a petition...right? Now....given the nature of these tenant's actions that make them a PITA, then surely nearly all surrounding (immediate) neighbours would likely want to be signatories to the petition as well...right? Well...that might not be, if their immediate neighbours don't give a shit, or are also dept of housing tenants and they don't want to be part of the shitfight. However, if they -are- also dept of housing tenants and also join the petition, that carries considerable weight (<- these are the 2 aspects).

Of course, conducting the petition might be interesting....I've personally got the yarblockos to go door to door myself on such a mission, but I suppose there's other ways to do it...ie; muster public complaint and concern. You have 3 avenues of appeal if you disagree with the dept of housing's decision regarding your complaint/petition -- within 28dyas of decision you can ask for it to be reviewed internally. If you're still not happy, you can appeal and resubmit your petition to Minister for Housing and Public Works or the Queensland Ombudsman.

All these same ppl who would be signatories to said petition, and yourself, would also avail themselves of the Qld service and report anything/everything these PITA tenants (and juvenile crime) did...and if there's enough of you, and enough record of reports that they can't ignore, you can use this to file a separate complaint with the Qld Ombudsman, at the same time you're slugging it out with the petition.

The reason behind the 2-prong challenge as it were, is if in the course of the investigation, the dept of housing calls on the police to check thing out, everything goes all 'pending the outcome of police investigations' and that could take months (police would rather take down a drug ring than just a house seller sort of thing), so pre-empting the Ombudsman about ongoing criminal activities at a house in your suburb that everyone's reported and the police seem to do nothing about ...would be a deft hand to play, but you need the reports in place to back up your claims.

Best I can figure it, based on the new laws and existing ones, that's all you can do ~ I doubt you could take dept of housing to court, certainly not until you'd exhausted all avenues of complaint and appeal as per above....it'd be like taking centrelink to court =)

Real life...yeah?...if you did such a petition, and none of their immediate neighbours sign to it, it's gunna look bad...regardless of how valid your complaint(s) might be.

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,420 Times in 2,521 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bazzy View Post
    now i realize I can take the tenants to court as they are the ones that are causing the problem however they are on drugs and on centerlink so they wouldn't even be able to afford representation let alone any compensation they are ordered to pay. unless i can take part of their centerlink payments.
    Here in NSW they would have Legal Aid, I would think QLD has something comparable.
    Basically they need not to show up in court and Legal Aid tells the Magistrate their sad story with a plea for leniency, which they usually get.

Forget courts, unless they actually have assaulted somebody or created deliberately major property damage and you have footage of that.
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 21-09-22 at 05:40 PM.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

• The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Uncle Fester For This Useful Post:

eaglem (22-09-22),enf (21-09-22),gulliver (21-09-22),Landytrack (27-09-22)

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Fester View Post

Forget courts, unless they actually have assaulted somebody or created deliberately major property damage and you have footage of that.
    That probably won't work either....."Sorry, we're just frustrated 'cause dad beat us and kicked us down the stairs when we were kids."

• The Following User Says Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

eaglem (22-09-22)

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,073 Times in 3,346 Posts

You could always introduce them to and his famous drink.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lsemmens For This Useful Post:

gulliver (23-09-22),Reschs (22-09-22),VroomVroom (23-09-22)

• 23-09-22, 01:36 AM

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wotnot View Post
    What are those words?....'the court of public opinion'.....and we're talking about public housing ~ given the participle demographic who apply for such housing, there will be some underlying daft logic which states that even if you managed to get these 'bad' tenants out, what are the odds the 'new' tenants that move in won't be any worse or the same? Like, dept of housing have 'some idea' about the social standing of ppl they're providing housing for ~ they are not that dumb or aloof to reality (lets hope not anyhow =)

So...this'll probably come across a bit pragmatic but it is what it is ~ if one scours through the tomes of Qld legal aid, you'll come across this pearl of wisdom...

If you have problems with public housing tenants (whether or not you are yourself a public housing tenant) you may lodge a complaint with the Department.
    The Department may need a petition signed by several other people and/or a order to consider the complaint.

I've left the link intact in case it's useful but point is you can see where this is coming from and headed ; and right now what matters is if any of the complainants are themselves living in dept of housing rentals or not (in 2 aspects =)

This is to say, that if said tenants are the PITA the OP here reports them as, then all those ppl the OP mentions that also find said tenants to be a PITA, will have no reservation/trouble with putting their name, address and signature to such a petition...right? Now....given the nature of these tenant's actions that make them a PITA, then surely nearly all surrounding (immediate) neighbours would likely want to be signatories to the petition as well...right? Well...that might not be, if their immediate neighbours don't give a shit, or are also dept of housing tenants and they don't want to be part of the shitfight. However, if they -are- also dept of housing tenants and also join the petition, that carries considerable weight (<- these are the 2 aspects).

Of course, conducting the petition might be interesting....I've personally got the yarblockos to go door to door myself on such a mission, but I suppose there's other ways to do it...ie; muster public complaint and concern. You have 3 avenues of appeal if you disagree with the dept of housing's decision regarding your complaint/petition -- within 28dyas of decision you can ask for it to be reviewed internally. If you're still not happy, you can appeal and resubmit your petition to Minister for Housing and Public Works or the Queensland Ombudsman.

All these same ppl who would be signatories to said petition, and yourself, would also avail themselves of the Qld service and report anything/everything these PITA tenants (and juvenile crime) did...and if there's enough of you, and enough record of reports that they can't ignore, you can use this to file a separate complaint with the Qld Ombudsman, at the same time you're slugging it out with the petition.

The reason behind the 2-prong challenge as it were, is if in the course of the investigation, the dept of housing calls on the police to check thing out, everything goes all 'pending the outcome of police investigations' and that could take months (police would rather take down a drug ring than just a house seller sort of thing), so pre-empting the Ombudsman about ongoing criminal activities at a house in your suburb that everyone's reported and the police seem to do nothing about ...would be a deft hand to play, but you need the reports in place to back up your claims.

Best I can figure it, based on the new laws and existing ones, that's all you can do ~ I doubt you could take dept of housing to court, certainly not until you'd exhausted all avenues of complaint and appeal as per above....it'd be like taking centrelink to court =)

Real life...yeah?...if you did such a petition, and none of their immediate neighbours sign to it, it's gunna look bad...regardless of how valid your complaint(s) might be.

I have already spoken to a large number of neighbors and they all want them gone. if the potential for the new tenants to be as bad as these ones then the we want housing commission to sell the house. its the only one in the street and it brings the whole neighborhood down.

Also if you want to speak to the housing commission they don't return your calls if you raise a complaint via their complaint process in writing they send a generic response saying the outcome is confidential and they are unable to share any action that has been taken. i see this as a clever smoke screen to hide that they are not doing anything about it
    Last edited by bazzy; 23-09-22 at 11:19 AM.

• The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bazzy For This Useful Post:

eaglem (25-09-22),gulliver (23-09-22),Landytrack (27-09-22),shred (23-09-22),VroomVroom (26-09-22)