Thread: Bosch 36v hammer drill

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 2,104 Times in 1,050 Posts

Default Bosch 36v hammer drill

The Bosch 36v hammer drill recently started to operate intermittently, pulled it apart, researched and the trigger system is supposed to be problematic. Bought and installed, same problem. Then bought the electronic component which is the battery to switch plus new brushes, works but has no real power. Total of $400 and no result
    Have 36v up to and out of trigger switch but how do i test the voltage is getting to the brushes or the amateur?
    Have Googled but cannot find my answer there any assistance appreciated
    At this stage wished i had gone out and bought a new one
    There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Madness"

Look Here ->
    Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,414 Times in 2,517 Posts

I have this strange Deja Vu....

As it is brushed there is the possibility that the commutator is worn/damaged or just filthy.
    Can you see a lot of sparks coming from that area?

Grab some earbuds and Isoprop and poke them in the hole where the brush goes while you try to turn the motor if that is anyway possible.
    Otherwise you need to take it apart, remove the back plate off the motor and inspect and clean the commutator.

There is also the possibility that there is a short in the coils or some bridging between the commutator plates. Sometimes carbon build up creates arcing the can even melt the copper but sometimes this can be reworked skilfully with a needle file or if it is just the carbon build up with a needle and lots of Isoprop.
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 21-09-22 at 05:11 PM.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

• The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Fester For This Useful Post:

gulliver (21-09-22)

Premium Member

Thanks

Jeez Uncle you have a better memory than me, don't think you will get Alzheimer's, as i cannot remember posting.
    Note that is back in Feb and i am still stuffing around with it
    Will do as directed

Premium Member

Thanks

Ok Uncle, had previously cleaned the commutator with a cotton bud but obviously not enough, this time sprayed isoprop every where and gave it a good hard wipe with a cotton cloth, result seems to be working but as yet have not given it a good test
    Thanks for your response

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to allover For This Useful Post:

gulliver (30-09-22),Uncle Fester (30-09-22)