Thread: Hawthorn scandal

Thanks
    Thanked 2,149 Times in 1,059 Posts

Default Hawthorn scandal

Surprised the Victorian AFL Fans have not brought this up.

Media beat up ? about private advise provided to individual players on how to manage their career.

I doubt a club mandated line.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Reschs For This Useful Post:

eaglem (22-09-22)

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Reschs View Post

Surprised the Victorian AFL Fans have not brought this up.

Media beat up ? about private advise provided to individual players on how to manage their career.

I doubt a club mandated line.
    Wha F**k Is going on at 2022?? Shame on them

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,066 Times in 9,091 Posts

Just off the top off my head I think it's a BOB. Or at least ridiculously overblown.

This sorta sh!t will never end. Accusations like this are the result of pandering to whiners who can play the racist card with abandon. Even an innocent remark can be misinterpreted by an individual as racism. It's lunacy. I for one will not ascede to the guilt industry.

Can't help thinking of the Adam Goodes saga. Trashing the reputation of a thirteen year old girl because HE'S got a problem.
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

eaglem (22-09-22),hazman (22-09-22)

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Just as an update, Shaun Burgoyne, an indigenous defender at Hawthorn during all these years says he never even heard of this stuff.
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

eaglem (24-09-22),lsemmens (22-09-22)

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 2,104 Times in 1,050 Posts

First impressions, media beat up. The media has only a few days left before all lose interest due to the Grand Final
    There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Madness"

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to allover For This Useful Post:

eaglem (24-09-22),enf (22-09-22)

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by allover View Post
    First impressions, media beat up. The media has only a few days left before all lose interest due to the Grand Final
    Trouble is it destroys lives and careers. The media don't care. They'll destroy absolutely anyone for a headline, especially the ABC who aired all this.

Eddie Betts wants every clubs history examined. I wonder if he'll say anything about the great Syd Jackson who copped it all in the 60's. Sometimes (more than anyone will admit) such accusations are just lies. Heres a quote from the Syd Jackson bio in wickipedia....

Syd Jackson (born 1 July 1944) is a former Australian rules footballer who played with the Carlton Blues during the 1970s. He usually played in the centre or half forward flank.

An Indigenous Australian, Jackson started his professional footballing career at East Perth in 1963. He was equal first in that year's Sandover Medal count although he was ineligible due to suspension and in 1966 he was named East Perth's best and fairest.

Jackson made his debut with Carlton in 1969 after being recruited by Ron Barassi. He won premierships in the Blues in 1970 and 1972. His jumper number was 5.

He was exonerated by the tribunal after striking Lee Adamson, with the tribunal accepting that he was racially provoked. At the Tribunal hearing Jackson had allowed Carlton's advocate to imply provocation to explain a fight with Adamson. Twenty-two years later he explained that there had been no provocation; Carlton president George Harris had devised the defence to ensure that the talented Jackson was available to play in the grand final. Adamson is quoted as saying he blamed Harris who 'set it up and I have despised him ever since for what he did', but Jackson must share the blame for the vilification of Adamson.
    This is nothing new.................sad really. And sadder that the majority don't have the guts to stand up to it.

• The Following User Says Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

eaglem (24-09-22)

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 2,104 Times in 1,050 Posts

Here we go, typing from a text as i am not smart enough to copy and paste

This is just in
    The Hawthorn report has been under lock and key for months, tho knowledge existed at AFL exec level and and an agreement with the named individuals.
    embargoed until Brisbane had completed it's season
    Kevin Sheedy was tipped off through his connections with Indigenous Australia and sabotaged Essendons attempts to lure Clarkson and in the process toppled Essendons' board to protect the club from another disaster .
    Current favorite for the Essendon role , Adan Yze will not be appointed to not be appointed to the role as will be implicated in the review with the decision to be announced after the Grand final and James Hird appointed under Kevin Sheedy's direction
    Media speculation re Brad Scott (blah blah blah he went to Brisbane) to coach
    Hawthorn are filthy due to tying Clarkson to these allegations is limited , with Fagan to wear the bulk of the blame
    Hawthorn currently looking to withhold payment on his contract (I assume Clarksons)
    Clarksons agreement with North Melbourne leveraged the huge cap it had and unusual risk free upfront signing bonuses were awarded with no recourse
    This places North in a ridiculous position that not only need a new coach , but their ability to pay a new coach is severely impaired and thrust them back into debt
    Ive heard that Jed Anderson is at the centre of Hawks allegations and he went to the ABC and leaked his side of the story recently and he is not happy Clarko is his new coach at North!!!

Don't shoot me, I am only the piano player
    There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Madness"

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to allover For This Useful Post:

eaglem (29-09-22),enf (28-09-22)

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Nothing surprises me any more.....really, nothing. Never a fan of Clarkson anyway. Although I will admit I was hoping he could help North a bit.

I still remember the Battle of Britain....

• The Following User Says Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

eaglem (29-09-22)