Thread: Evidence of fuel price gouging.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

Default Evidence of fuel price gouging.

I was on the road today and drove by many service stations today and prices within the suburbs of south east Queensland that i saw where ranging from $1.80 to $2.03 per liter.

I think there is clear cut evidence here that the fuel prices are being artificially inflated.

Here is my reasoning.
    at the time of writing this oil prices on the global market per barrel was $82 per barrel.

as seen here

Oil prices where at that value in October 2021 November 2021 and twice in January 2022
    now using E10 as an example as it is usually the displayed price at the fuel stations it was around $1.57 around October 2021 as seen on this website

in November fuel prices where around $1.67 and in January it was $1.77 at the same fuel station according to the records on the site above.

All those prices where with the fuel excise applied.

now the price of oil has gone back to $82 per barral and they seem to think people wont notice they are charging $2 per L and that is expected to go up now the fuel excise is reapplied.

This is very clear and blatant price gouging and i am actually rather angry the government does not step in and issue fines for anti-competitive behavior.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to bazzy For This Useful Post:

eaglem (01-10-22)

3. Look Here ->