Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can anyone help with this issue

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 677 Posts

Default Can anyone help with this issue

Hi all, it the first post in this forum

My Daughter is owned money from her old boy friend.
    See what happened my Daughters boyfriend continually bought items "eg" mobile Phones and other (possibly he had bad credit rating) and put them on my daughters account including Telstra account and yet my daughter kept this from us the parents and as time went on she could not pay this off by herself and by luck we found out thanks for heavy rain in the letter box that exposed the letter "FINAL WARNING From Telstra" so I had no choice but to pay the bill myself.

Extra info
    AS it stand this guy owns us or better still owns me $1800 and I have allow him one full month to pay it back in one lump sum but I think he will NOT pay a cent so what can I do to get the money back or if he does not pay me back how can I fu.ck him up so he does not do this to another person..
    As I write this I can contact him ONLY via his email address if it still works, The other issues I have he has a new number on his mobile phone, He changes address all the time away from his parents address, His Parents live in a house that has large front fence with a padlock on the front gate (My daughter said Cops will have trouble getting over the fence) My Daughter does not drive a Car so she does not know what road is where, my daughter does not know the address in full detail even the street name where his parents live, all I know is somewhere in Logan City Brisbane. Don't worry my daughter copped a spray from us about this matter.
    What can I do next.
    Last edited by Mr 672A; 01-11-22 at 02:30 PM.

Look Here ->

Thanks

It's a tough one, but really - it sounds like $1,800 is cheap to get him out of your daughter's life. Hopefully she will learn from the experience and be more discriminating about who she dates in the future. I've seen some friends' nice, intelligent and well-adjusted daughters go through a phase of dating utter drop-kicks. The best explanation I've heard is that it's a "broken bird" thing. Some girls think they can fix these blokes and make them better... only they can't. The sooner they realise this, the better.

Going down legal avenues could easily cost you thousands, only to discover that he owes money all over the place and you'll never get a cent from him. The law seems to protect these types of people and they all know it.

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shred For This Useful Post:

eaglem (03-11-22),enf (01-11-22)

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shred View Post

Going down legal avenues could easily cost you thousands, only to discover that he owes money all over the place and you'll never get a cent from him. The law seems to protect these types of people and they all know it.
    I think your are right. Now my daughter is hooked up with another ?. Yes she is 31 years old and the guys she gets are around 32-38 and most of them are from tarnished by a failed marriage. Sometime I think why do we have kids.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shred View Post
    Hopefully she will learn from the experience and be more discriminating about who she dates in the future.
    I hope so but her new Boyfriend has baggage too. Gruuuuuuuuuuuugh.
    Last edited by Mr 672A; 01-11-22 at 02:42 PM.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,991 Times in 1,535 Posts

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wotnot For This Useful Post:

shred (01-11-22),VroomVroom (03-11-22)

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,093 Times in 9,097 Posts

Tough love is whats needed. I have 4 daughters and I USED to have dark hair.

Best bet: Ring the Equalizer and have him speak to the aforementioned arsehole.

Next best bet: Tell her your honest opinion of the new dropkick. Tell her that if he raids an account for money, it will be her account and her money. DON'T give in. Make him solely HER responsibility.

As for the $1800, write it off and make sure your daughter knows that it WILL NOT happen again.
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

eaglem (03-11-22)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by enf View Post
    Tough love is whats needed. I have 4 daughters and I USED to have dark hair.

Best bet: Ring the Equalizer and have him speak to the aforementioned arsehole.

Next best bet: Tell her your honest opinion of the new dropkick. Tell her that if he raids an account for money, it will be her account and her money. DON'T give in. Make him solely HER responsibility.

As for the $1800, write it off and make sure your daughter knows that it WILL NOT happen again.
    Dark hair, I have no hair, lost it with my issue with my Son. Yes Equalizer I love to know one because the tool needs one to visit him. The Trouble is my daughter is very good, never hurt a fly all her life and she gets CONNED EASIER!!!!!!.
    All she need is a good sob story and she gets conned including money. Since she was 18 all the guy she has got were useless ,,,,, useless like tits on a bull only one had brains but had other mental issues that was noticeable by other . I said to my Daughter I dont give a shi.t if he has two heads upstairs as long as he does not bash you, Work!!!, and give you a good life and dont give you issues. Now all that I want than I can die in peace.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,093 Times in 9,097 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 5GRUBBISH View Post

I said to my Daughter I dont give a shi.t if he has two heads upstairs as long as he does not bash you, Work!!!, and give you a good life and dont give you issues. Now all that I want than I can die in peace.
    I know the feeling.
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following User Says Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wotnot View Post
    I will read this tomorrow when my head stops aching.
    Thanks

Premium Member
    Thanks

I will read this tomorrow when my head stops aching.
    Thanks
    It's a bit like that =) You see...I'm a bit less magnanimous when someone A> uses my daughter, B> uses me, C> makes it so you need to post this here ....ergo, I would register the debt so the fuktard 1> loses any credit rating, 2> has trouble getting electricity/gas accounts and 3> makes his life miserable until he pays you back, at which time you can remove the registered debt....but the 'stain' on his name remains.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,240 Times in 1,921 Posts

I’m no lawyer so I may be barking up the wrong tree, but from what I can glean from what you have written is that this dropkick has booked up this stuff on your daughter’s accounts?
    If that is the case then I believe that the debts become your daughter’s not the dropkick’s, you have paid your daughters debts, not his, I can’t see how you can make a claim against him, surely it would have to be against your daughter, and I’m sure you do not wish to do that?
    Of course what I believe could be total crap but seeing a similar type of occurrence occur with my sister many years ago, my parents were powerless to recover costs from one of her ex-ahole boyfriends who did basically the same thing. Best of luck.
    Cheers
    Ted (Al)

• The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Al Bundy For This Useful Post:

eaglem (03-11-22),enf (03-11-22),Tiny (02-11-22)

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,075 Times in 3,347 Posts

Maybe the cops should employ some of these dropkicks who like beating up on innocent people to go around and beat up on these other dropkicks. Problem solved. A) we give the dropckicks who like beating people up something to beat up and B) Said other dropkick is, at least, taught a "lesson".
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

Thanks

it's a bit like that =) you see...i'm a bit less magnanimous when someone a> uses my daughter, b> uses me, c> makes it so you need to post this here ....ergo, i would register the debt so the fuktard 1> loses any credit rating, 2> has trouble getting electricity/gas accounts and 3> makes his life miserable until he pays you back, at which time you can remove the registered debt....but the 'stain' on his name remains.
    now i like that. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Al Bundy View Post
    I’m no lawyer so I may be barking up the wrong tree, but from what I can glean from what you have written is that this dropkick has booked up this stuff on your daughter’s accounts?
    Yes 100%
    The money does not worry me. A Member on this forum said to me "wow you spent a lot of money to get rid of 5GRUBBISH on my 2.3M dish, yes the problem with 5G, not my nick, the Member said "YOU MUST HAVE DEEP POCKETS" no, but I can splash some money around but for me once again its not the Money its the sticky way he did this, He Filled my Daughter with debt and pissed off.
    Yes I'm ethnic, I believe a eye for a eye, My Father told me in Arabic converted in English "Do not do to others that you dont want done to yourself".
    Now this person that split from my Daughter I was worried that he my nick himself ( i always suspected he was depressed most of the Time) so I help him after he split up but my daughter but my Daughter did not tell me about the money until the heavy rain filled up our letterbox with water and the Telstra bill was opened with water and my wife got a shock how much was owning. My stupid Daughter though that if she put her head in the bucket the bill will go away.

Thanks

I would register the debt
    Can a individual do this? Again I don't give a shi.t about the money, After the date expires (Monday next week I will put a curse on him) Honestly he was a good guy, I never expected him to be like this, still shocked.

Premium Member
    Thanks

Can a individual do this? Again I don't give a shi.t about the money, After the date expires (Monday next week I will put a curse on him) Honestly he was a good guy, I never expected him to be like this, still shocked.
    I believe so (if you can prove the debt)....I have to remark, wrt your last sentence....sounds like drugs may be involved =^/

• The Following User Says Thank You to wotnot For This Useful Post:

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,599 Times in 1,950 Posts

I believe so (if you can prove the debt)....I have to remark, wrt your last sentence....sounds like drugs may be involved =^/
    You can go to local courthouse and put a bluey on him, but only if you can prove debt is his.
    Not in his name, so no....

I think Street justice is required here....

Sent from my CPH2305 using Tapatalk

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hoe For This Useful Post:

eaglem (03-11-22),enf (03-11-22)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,514 Times in 835 Posts

its a bit hard to start any action without even a street address. Maybe go for a drive with your daughter until she recognises some landmarks and the street , house etc

• The Following User Says Thank You to VroomVroom For This Useful Post:

Thanks

No he was in the Military and although he did not talk about this but I can read in between the lines that he helped veterans with their metal problems but only to be effected himself. I like the guy, He was very smart, After leaving the Military he can get any job that he wanted and got but the trouble is he changed jobs every month. I told him Why do you want to leave the second Government perfect Boss job (railways) and become a courier driver next week. Told my Daughter possible one day you read about him in the news paper, sad, I told my Daughter is he still taking his meds, If not SCREAM to his parents.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by VroomVroom View Post
    its a bit hard to start any action without even a street address. Maybe go for a drive with your daughter until she recognises some landmarks and the street , house etc
    Yes, Read the above post, You will understand. Anyhow I used my brain and google maps and found the address

• Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast