Thread: Bosch 6000 to send SMS to mobile when in fault or alarm? What hardware?

Thanks

Default Bosch 6000 to send SMS to mobile when in fault or alarm? What hardware?

G'Day,

I am trying to help set up a Bosch 6000 and the owner has asked that their mobile is messaged if the system goes into fault or alarm. Looking at the various modules available , most are not available (no stock), and they all reference "MyAlarm" subscriptions, etc. whereas what he wants is to send an alarm to his own phone, not any subscriptions since he isn't planning on operating the unit via his phone, just go from the main house to the machinery shed if something triggers.

In the absence of any stock of Bosch modules, will one of the various 4G modem boxes (example = ) achieve what he's asking for?

I'm obviously still learning the Bosch stuff, so any pointers will be appreciated.

If it has to be a 4G bosch module to get what he's wanting - which module, and anyone got stock in Oz?

Thanks,
    Des

Look Here ->
    Thanks

All I can think of so far is using something like this :

and use one of the inputs linked to a relay off the output for the siren to send a message - is that how these units work?

Thanks

Best option would be to go for the MyAlarm option.

The first unit that you linked will only do phone calls.
    The second unit you linked is for a monitored back to base alarm.
    Both of these would have ongoing charges. eg sim card or monitoring.

Does the house have internet onsite. You could add an IP module (CM751B) to the panel and a data cable back to modem or swap a keypad to one with the wifi chip in it.(CP741)
    Or put a bosch plug on 4G module (CM746B) and will need a sim card. The myalarm option does have a pay once option.(With reporting limits) You can do sms with myalarm or use the iFob app and get push notifications.
    Speak to your Bosch supplier.

Thanks

With respect, have you read the Solution 6000 manual? Most of the options are pretty much listed in there.

if you go with a SIM card on the alarm panel via module or communicator, you're straight up paying for SIM subscription anyway. If you wanted to go down this track, the Ness 4G Dialler would work just fine with domestic dial set up but you wouldn't get anything more than a phone call from the alarm system to indicate that some form of alarm had activated on the system. If you wanted more than just that phone call, you'd need to add a voice module. The SMS module would likely be a more cost effective solution. Another option would be to use the . It just captures Contact ID events through the panel dialler and you choose to either go with SMS or email alerts. You'd have to pretty much fully configure it. I can vouch for the Ness Diallers being pretty much bullet proof. The display shows the phone number being dialled and the time it is off hook. They occasionally lock up and throw a "READ SMS" error. A power cycle usually fixes that. The 4G IP communicator is a good little unit too, but you'd have to find a way to mount it (I recommend using magnetic stand-offs in the panel's enclosure).

Sure they may only want an alarm event sent and no control, but what they miss out on with SMS is being able to review the history to get a better understanding on what has gone on, and real-time monitoring (seeing if the zone(s) are still in alarm).

I agree with Secure that using MyAlarm is the best option. It's ready-made, no fuss and very easy to use. You don't know what you're missing until you've used it. the iFob Control app with the IP module is an easy way to do this. The ideal way to do it is with the combo IP & 4G module, but not completely necessary. I'd be wary of the pay once version of iFob control because it has a limited number of events that it will handle. You can view history, see zones, areas and doors in real-time, etc. At my house I also control doors and lights. It's great having the garage door on the app with a DOTL programmed, so after 10 minutes if the door is still open, I get an alert. If we've forgotten to shut it, we can check it and close it remotely.

How far is the shed from the house? Has he thought about monitoring that too? I arm my shed and lock it via the alarm panel. Got more valuable stuff in there than in the house.

Quote Originally Posted by desbromilow View Post
    use one of the inputs linked to a relay off the output for the siren to send a message - is that how these units work?
    You'd be better off using Output 5 if you were going to do that. Configure it as a dry contact (no voltage).

• The Following User Says Thank You to CT4 For This Useful Post:

secure (13-11-22)