Thread: Hills System smart upgrade

Thanks

Default Hills System smart upgrade

Hello network community
    We have cat5e run through the whole house (built 14 years ago) with a HPM Harmony "full control" set up. The rack includes 3 x 8 slot networks which allows me to fire up each room with internet via my 16 port gigabit switch within the rack. Before NBN, my previous set up in my house contained a DS2 door station sharer which was run through ADSL.
    Lets say someone rang the intercom (no video) our telephone would ring with the ability to talk to the person outside; with simply pressing the # key on the handset the front gate opened.
    After the ABN came along and all ADSL phone lines were not longer available the phone function ceased with it.
    I set up a simple door bell to get us by.
    I have a key pad next to the old intercom which allows us to open the front gate via a key combination.
    Several 4 button remotes are set up to open/ close the front gate as well as the garage door, arm and disarm our Hills alarm system.
    The alarm panels are out-dated but they work and the Hills system also works with Ultrasync + app.
    The front gate is, at this stage, the only access to the property but I am about to have a second entry point, which has no cables run to it yet.
    Which intercom system would be the best "All-in-one" solution to open and close the drive through gate, the walk in entry gate, the garage door and to keep the remote controls as of the current setup. Important that two locations can be accessed and controlled via multiple monitors inside the house. Phone/tablet access and full control would also be required as I want an tablet set up in the house to control lights, alarms, entry points etc.
    Thank you and I hope it makes sense what I am trying to do.
    Gate Opener:
    Centurion D3
    Garage opener: Merlin Tiltmaster MT100EVO
    Last edited by P-Trade; 15-11-22 at 11:28 AM.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Most intercoms that I can think off can only do 2 unlock functions. Sounds like you need 3 unlock functions.

Hikvision intercom, depending on the model can do 2 unlock functions. Normally the unlock contacts are at the Door / Gate call station. Can be the IP or the 2 wire intercom. Or are you having 2x door / gate stations, 1 for driveway gate and 1 for walk in gate. Which will give you 4 outputs to use?

Some brands do the unlock contacts at the master intercom inside monitor.

Suggest you do find a intercom solution first then cable it to suit the intercom model chosen.

As you have the hills alarm with comnav you can also link the unlock function to the comnav board which has 2 outputs on it. As an extra control option or to do the 3rd unlock.
    Maybe do the driveway gate and walk in gate by the intercom and the garage door by comnav output.

• The Following User Says Thank You to secure For This Useful Post:

P-Trade (26-06-23)

Thanks

Most intercom brands have 2-wire options, so you could re-use the old ADSL cabling. You might find that it's ethernet cabling anyway (probably CAT5e). If cabling to the gate is an issue, there are several options for wireless inputs and outputs. I'd be inclined to wire the intercom door outputs to the alarm system inputs and then let that handle the doors and gates. At least you already have mains power at the gate too.

• The Following User Says Thank You to CT4 For This Useful Post:

P-Trade (26-06-23)