Thread: Rant!

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,073 Times in 3,346 Posts

Default Rant!

Aaarrrgh!!! Had one of those days.
    Forgot to set the alarm, fortunately son rang me at 0720 reminding me to pick up his son and take him to work experience. So I woke up, got dressed and picked him up. Dropped him off, Came home, and got changed to go play geriatric marbles.

I was relatively satisfied with my game, although we lost convincingly which did not really reflect upon the closeness of the game. Their skipper could hardly put a bowl wrong! Ours, OTOH! It happens.

When I got home I found that the new lamps to replace the low voltage lights in the kitchen had arrived. Trip up into the ceiling space. found a loose cable up there which probably was why the LV lamps weren't working as they should. I'd already removed them so re-wired the new lamps into place. All good, they now are nice and bright, somehow the other lights in the kitchen are now not working, so I shall need to climb into the roof space again............tomorrow!

Next job, replace a couple of blown heat lamps in the Bathroom. Get one out and pull one new one out of the bag, in the process the bag decides that it no longer wants to wait patiently on the bench and hits the floor! Result, on shattered brand new globe!!!! Hardware store now shut, so I shall have to finish that job tomorrow. Oh well, they had been blown for some months and I'd not gotten around to replacing them. BIL came to visit and noticed they were out. Next time I saw him, he gave me two globes. I was hoping to send him a picture of the lamps working, instead, he shall have to wait for another day!!!

o. some success, some failure, some, ho hum!
    Last edited by lsemmens; 17-11-22 at 07:11 PM.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lsemmens For This Useful Post:

eaglem (19-11-22),william10 (17-11-22)

Look Here ->
    LSemmens
    Thanks

Edit:
    And I managed to break my glasses (good thing they were only cheapies). Fortunately I have enough water in my tank owing to rain in the last few days to turn off the town water again. More rain due for the weekend, so, Hopefully I'll not need town water again this summer.

• The Following User Says Thank You to lsemmens For This Useful Post:

eaglem (19-11-22)

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,420 Times in 2,521 Posts

That is not a rant, more like a pretty good day to me.
    For starters you can not use the word 'fortunately'.

I am much better at rants, sure Enf agrees with me there
    Since you mentioned wiring and roof cavities I could start a rant right now about the terrible wiring and shitty way our (overpriced) houses are built in Australia ...but I won't.
    I would probably step on somebodies toes, like I have with some electricians in the past but I am also over it.

Could start a little one about Bunnings' lack of customer service yesterday. In the end they actually blamed and used Wesfarmers as an excuse but I am sure we have all had similar experiences so I don't want to bother with that.
    Then there is the exorbitant amount of times lately that I have ordered on Ebay and the seller simply cancels because they don't even have one of the "more than 10 available". The reason is always stated from Ebay that I cancelled(which is a lie) and I don't even get an apologetic notification from the seller and if I contact them I get a rude response.
    I sometimes spend hours looking though reviews and tests to find hopefully an item that actually works the way I need it and alternative sellers are not available.
    This is the kind of stuff that puts me in a nasty mood, not something that is broken which I can fix the next day.

You need to set the bar higher, give is a real rant
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

• The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Fester For This Useful Post:

enf (20-11-22)

Shut your dog up!!
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Fester View Post
    ......The reason is always stated from Ebay that I cancelled(which is a lie) and I don't even get an apologetic notification from the seller and if I contact them I get a rude response......
    They put the reason as "buyer requested to cancel" because if they don't it has to be reviewed by ebay before you get your money back.
    Takes much longer before a refund is issued.
    Just more of ebay's scum business ethics.
    Always try to offend at least one person snowflake a day!
    Stop using acronyms!!

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jma For This Useful Post:

enf (20-11-22),Uncle Fester (20-11-22)

LSemmens
    Thanks

Out of rainwater again! Aaaargh!

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,420 Times in 2,521 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lsemmens View Post
    Out of rainwater again! Aaaargh!
    According to my water bill we(3 person household) use average 280 litres of water per day. My wife grows a lot of plants and veggies.
    You posted 3 days ago your tank was full.
    You must consume a hell of a lot of water, have a huge leak or a very tiny tank.
    All three issues can be addressed but you could also stop worrying about water and simply drink more beer.
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 20-11-22 at 09:30 PM.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

LSemmens
    Thanks

No, I did not say that the tank was full, I said I have enough water to return to using rainwater, or so I thought. Enough only means that water is above the tank outlet level. Needs a few thousand more litres to fill the tank.