Thread: Help Vast box just stays at scan screen

Thanks

Default Help Vast box just stays at scan screen

Hi guys,

I have a Altech 4921 rv which was working fine but now it just doesn’t go past the scan for channels banquet screen, How do I get past this screen. Also I have Foxtel satellite which is running ok but I had another box that I de-registered recently. Also I have tried a decoder rehire and even charged vast state to see if will change and get a feed of some sort.Is their anyway of doing a factory reset without going into the menus?

Thanks in advance

Loppy

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Search the forum here for clues. Replace all the electros in the power supply (even if they look ok). There is also a CPU mod replace 3x electros (pcb mount) on that board to cure the problem.

Thanks

Hi Loppy , did you find a solution ? i have a box that does the same thing , however its tuner related due to over heating. you can tests this by opening the box and spraying a small amount of contact cleaner on the 6110a tuner IC before you power up and see if it dissipates quickly? if it does continue to spray a small amount keeping the chip cool until the scan screen comes up. If you get to this good luck trying to find why the chip is over heating? I have replaced mine without any fix , even checked for bad ceramic caps and made sure the voltages are correct.

@Softek2 .. what's the CPU mod your referring to? cant find anything on this here .

cheers
    where is my tinfoil hat?

Thanks

3x electros near the tuner 220uf @ 25vdc from memory. surface mount devices. Just put some new ones over top of the old ones. Should also cure the overheat problem.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Softek2 For This Useful Post:

theriddler_1 (26-03-23)

Thanks

thanks mate .. yea i went and had another look after my post ... your correct , it was one of the decoupling capacitors for the 3.3v reg that supplys power to the stv6110a tuner IC.
    I did suspect the closest to the tuner block frame and replaced it without success , turned out if i have changed all 3 as you suggested it would have fixed the issue.
    Its quite an odd fix as the caps are pre the tuner IC and yet the tuner IC was heating up causing BER to fluctuate, if i kept the IC cool the signal was fine.
    In the end to attempt to resolve this I replaced the following
    STV6110a tuner IC
    16Mhz Xtl
    The 2 x 5pF smoothing caps to the Xtl oscillator
    couple of other ceramic caps in the block

only the be an electrolytic cap in the power supply circuit

would have been a lot easier if one could fine a schematic of the decoder. Thanks for your reply mate )
    Last edited by theriddler_1; 26-03-23 at 09:24 PM.
    where is my tinfoil hat?

• The Following User Says Thank You to theriddler_1 For This Useful Post:

Softek2 (28-03-23)