Thread: BOSCH Solution 6000 serial interface

Thanks

Default BOSCH Solution 6000 serial interface

Hi All,

I got a BOSCH solution 6000 alarm system with a GSM module to notify via SMS. Trying to look at home automation and trying to see if Bosch Solution 6000 can be connected to Home assistant, or is there a serial interface for Solution 6000 on which status of the system/zones can be monitored/queried. Do solution 6000 systems have API interface/protocol to talk to them via serial port.

Thanks

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Probably the best way to do this would be low level integration using relay cards mapped to events in the 6000 and wired to HA. A mate of mine did it this way. Several relays on the alarm system to report a range of conditions to HA, then various inputs on the alarm to respond to commands from HA. The serial interface is for proprietary software and firmware communications. The manual states that it can handle a serial printer, although the word "optional" suggests to me that it's also a proprietary printer. You can look at using the reporting formats that the 6000 supports and ways to interpret those using HA... Maybe start with CSV IP format (requires IP comms module) and then Contact ID. Otherwise, look into whether HA can act on push notifications from an app... If so, I'd suggest getting a subscription of Myalarm's Reporting Lite and installing the iFob Control app on a tablet or phone.

• The Following User Says Thank You to CT4 For This Useful Post:

secure (02-12-22)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CT4 View Post
    Probably the best way to do this would be low level integration using relay cards mapped to events in the 6000 and wired to HA. A mate of mine did it this way. Several relays on the alarm system to report a range of conditions to HA, then various inputs on the alarm to respond to commands from HA.
    As off now i dont have any additional relay card on the system, i just got a 16channel board. When you say relay cards is that something along these lines

Quote Originally Posted by CT4 View Post
    The serial interface is for proprietary software and firmware communications. The manual states that it can handle a serial printer, although the word "optional" suggests to me that it's also a proprietary printer. You can look at using the reporting formats that the 6000 supports and ways to interpret those using HA... Maybe start with CSV IP format (requires IP comms module) and then Contact ID. Otherwise, look into whether HA can act on push notifications from an app... If so, I'd suggest getting a subscription of Myalarm's Reporting Lite and installing the iFob Control app on a tablet or phone.
    Will take a look at CSV IP format aswell.

Thanks

For relay card, probably better with this option, as it will give you better control in programming. Suits the Bosch Sol 6000.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tamamontu View Post
    As off now i dont have any additional relay card on the system, i just got a 16channel board. When you say relay cards is that something along these lines

Will take a look at CSV IP format aswell.
    I think you really need to have a good read of the Solution 6000 manual and Product Matrix. They're quite powerful and readily capable of a fair bit of automation. Just as Home Assistant has inputs and outputs, so does the Solution 6000.

Link to files .