Thread: Apple Woes

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 3,338 Posts

Default Apple Woes

I have an iPad that I inherited from my wife. I have pressed it into service using it for the chord charts that I reference when I play. A shortcoming of the program that I use prevents deletion of a song file from the list, No biggie, there. I had the great idea to rename the mp3 which would then remove it from the list. HOWEVER the only way I can see my music list is via the music app on the iPad.

Is there ANY way to rename an MP3 file on the iPad without having to plug it into iTunes and doing it from the computer?
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

Look Here ->
    Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,414 Times in 2,517 Posts

Not easy on the iPad unless you jailbreak and run iFile.
    Apple has something called iFiles that you must pay for and I don't know it it is available for your iPad, certainly not for my ancient one.

But this is much better than iTunes, get:

Connect the pad to your PC and open iFunBox.
    It might ask for permission if the ipad has not been shared on your PC before, where you will need itunes only once. For safety reasons go offline, both iPad and PC.
    Open iFunBox and after it connects look on the left for "App File Sharing" and click it.
    Orange folders appear on the right and if the name of the app you are using appears there you should be able enter the file structure and find what you want to rename/delete/copy to or from PC, etc. Anything goes, txt, pdf, epub, mp4 and of course the propriety extension of the app. It just has to be useable for the app of course.

If not, Jailbreak!
    The only sensible thing to do with an old iPad.

...and keep the iPad offline, especially if not jailbroken
    I have been hearing Apple is starting to delete apps from iPads that are older than 6 years.
    Happened to me too (2013 iPad 4th gen), with a couple apps that Apple wanted to sign and then decided: oh, oh, ...bye.

All my apps that I got ...ahem, elsewhere, stay and run fine.
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 31-12-22 at 09:51 PM.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

• The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Fester For This Useful Post:

red star (31-12-22)

Thanks

Hello lsemmens
    Apple use or convert audio in mp4 win media player use mp3, But Unkal Fester is on to it

Thanks
    Thanked 1,112 Times in 571 Posts

There should be an app on the iPad called ‘Files’, it is the default file program that comes with iOS.

You can rename any folder or file that the app has access too. However, depending on where the music app you use saves files will affect if you can access them with the Files app. If the music files are sandboxed within the music app then renaming from the computer will be the only option.

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 3,338 Posts

I ended up plugging into iTunes and re-named the file. Unfortunately it did not have the effect I was hoping for. The progam just showed the list with the new name. However, by accident, I did find a button labeled "clear" in that program which actually means "delete". Exactly what I was looking for. It removes the file from the list, but said file is still available to be assigned to another song.

Files is useless as everything, just about, is sandboxed.
    iFunbox, fester works if I plug into a computer, but I want to do it without the computer. Jailbreak might be a good alternative if this machine gives me too much grief!
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...