Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: This makes my blood boil !

Thanks
    Thanked 3,229 Times in 1,451 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Al Bundy View Post
    Yeah, I would, it’s a party, it’s for fun, if people are so small minded that they can’t handle the fact that it’s a costume and not a statement maybe they shouldn’t go.
    Didn't they lose their shit when Prince Harry did the same thing. I'd be up for that party too. If you cannot lampoon the nazi's or laugh at others doing so, then you might be one.

I've been waiting 30 years for Mel Brooks to return to the nazi uniform. Of course nobody is going to bitch about the 20th century king of the jews lampooning hilter And there is no disrespect in that comment because Mel Brooks loves to make fun of the jews because he knows he can get away with anything that even other jewish comedians couldn't get away with because of the leftards.

History of the World Part 2: Jews in Space.

Yes I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to trash For This Useful Post:

Al Bundy (22-01-23)

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 3,338 Posts

I did post that email in just that thread!
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,934 Times in 1,510 Posts

...it's all monkey dust to me... =)

• The Following User Says Thank You to wotnot For This Useful Post:

allover (23-01-23)

Premium Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by VroomVroom View Post
    Fester , this just more sensationalist rubbish from the ABC , Im surprised people even think its the truth. Besides , what did this little darling do to even end up in jail in the first place ? how many prior offences did she have ? how many people did she hurt on the outside ? how many prison officers did she hurt or was at risk of hurting ? Did you know if she was handcuffed and had a spit hood on it means that she was probably going to spit on others ? And what do you think we should do to repeat offenders like her ? put her back on the streets ? Let her live in your street amongst your family ?
    Indeed....you don't end up in the boo without reason, and if the allegations are true or not?...pffft ... these things are like plane crashes ; there'll be an investigation, then an inquiry, and 1 or 2 years later we'll know how, who, why and when.

I actually wonder how much it costs?....to detain a juvenile I mean. Currently it's something like $330, per day, per prisoner, to incarcerate a convicted criminal...

...I get $500 per week to live with on the disability pension...

....could be just me, but it looks like the system is totally broken from the get go 8)

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wotnot For This Useful Post:

gulliver (23-01-23),VroomVroom (23-01-23)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,193 Times in 1,905 Posts

Cheers
    Ted (Al)

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Al Bundy For This Useful Post:

enf (23-01-23),wotnot (23-01-23)

LSemmens
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Al Bundy View Post
    That's it, ban father Ted!!

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lsemmens For This Useful Post:

Al Bundy (02-02-23),enf (23-01-23)

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,414 Times in 2,517 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wotnot View Post
    Indeed....you don't end up in the boo without reason, and if the allegations are true or not?...pffft ... these things are like plane crashes ; there'll be an investigation, then an inquiry, and 1 or 2 years later we'll know how, who, why and when.

I actually wonder how much it costs?....to detain a juvenile I mean. Currently it's something like $330, per day, per prisoner, to incarcerate a convicted criminal...

...I get $500 per week to live with on the disability pension...

....could be just me, but it looks like the system is totally broken from the get go 8)
    Sorry, I missed your post hidden amongst all the garbage posted here.

We should focus on the reasons why juveniles increasingly are ending up in detention and deal with those reasons!

Detention with torture is certainly not the answer and I am deplored that my tax$ are wasted for that.
    All that does makes them hate the world even more and want to get back at society with more crime.
    We are also running out of jails, Alice springs is full, so braindead Dutton style locke'm all up will go no where.

Rather than torture, maybe we should start to give them some meaning in life and GIVE THEM JOBS even while in detention.
    Even a person with Autism can do work. If anybody actually knew a bit about them, they can be quite creative given the opportunity.
    Yes they may need to be supervised and motivated, well pretty much every worker needs supervision and motivation.
    In other countries, tourist souvenirs are often made by people in jail. I have some little 'islands' in bottles from the Philippines, they are very skilfully detailed and artistic.

For every pot there is a lid. It is about time we start putting more effort finding the right lids for those 'pots' rather than building more and more jails and paying $330/day for each new lockup of never ending criminals, who won't go away.
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 24-01-23 at 05:59 PM.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

LSemmens
    Thanks

The problem in Alice Springs is Alcohol! The govt removed restrictions on the sale of alcohol citing discrimination. Look what happened. Perhaps the NT should have extended the restrictions to all people. rather than remove them. Some of the rules must have had some effect, Last time I was there I had to produce ID to purchase takeaway grog.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 34,961 Times in 9,058 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Fester View Post

Aaaah..........reading your own posts again I see.....

Albo has been embarrassed enough to agree to go there tomorrow or the day after....about time too. The problem is manifested by alcohol.

Interestingly, in interviews yesterday on the morning circuit of 10, 9, and the ABC he wasn't asked a single qestion about the Alice at all...not one question from the white insulated wealthy luminaries about a REAL problem....something with some actual meaning.

This is a perfect example of the religious like fervor of the radical left, removing the alcohol restrictions on the grounds of equality....FFS. All the distant people that voted for this should be made to live there for a bit to see what it's like.
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following User Says Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

gulliver (25-01-23)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,193 Times in 1,905 Posts

Hilarious comment, yours being the biggest pile, you
    Cheers
    Ted (Al)

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks

Al Bundy you are now on ignore.
    I suggest you do the same for me as you obviously can not handle any intelligent discussion.
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 25-01-23 at 09:30 AM.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by enf View Post
    Albo has been embarrassed enough to agree to go there tomorrow or the day after....about time too. The problem is manifested by alcohol.

Interestingly, in interviews yesterday on the morning circuit of 10, 9, and the ABC he wasn't asked a single qestion about the Alice at all...not one question from the white insulated wealthy luminaries about a REAL problem....something with some actual meaning.

This is a perfect example of the religious like fervor of the radical left, removing the alcohol restrictions on the grounds of equality....FFS. All the distant people that voted for this should be made to live there for a bit to see what it's like.
    Your simplistic views of blaming the left again go nowhere.
    The coalition government was ​in power in the months prior to the bans ending but did not commit to continue them.
    Even with alcohol restrictions there were increased home break-ins searching and demanding for alcohol.
    This is a dammed if you do, dammed if you don't situation.

Some form of regulated alcohol supply might work better. Enough to keep them happy but not enough to make them violent.
    Maybe just a 6 pack of mid range beer, no cheap wine casks or hard liquor.
    One thing they can't do is stuff them all in jail cells for $330 a night because there aren't none left.

Edit: contrary to what you say ABC must have asked something about this:

Quote Originally Posted by ABC
    Mr Albanese said he supported the "immediate measures to place restrictions on the availability of alcohol, as well as ensuring that … a very timely review will allow consultation [about liquor bans] to take place with communities themselves."
    For somebody who claims he doesn't hate the left, you religiously post misinformation about your "radical left.
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 25-01-23 at 10:35 AM.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Jeeeez...you're full of crap...

The law was overturned by the NT government....Labour I believe. The feds on both sides said nothing before the FEDERAL election as it was too controversial and they are too gutless.

You should really read your own posts. You're solution is to try to "dole it out as you see fit" and see if it works. How generous of you. A little experimentation on the abos hey...don't give them wine casks and they'll scream "race based" and no one will challenge them, especially on the left.

As long as we allow anyone to scream racism all the time, then we are in trouble. And that will increase the more we allow it. Most of these people just can't handle alcohol and thats it. I don't like to feel that way, but it's true. I've met plenty of indigenous people who CAN (my eldest daughter lived with one for a long time), but most just can't.

Too many white people can't handle it either mind, and that's a fact too.

Nothing was asked about it on TV breakfast on 9, 10 and the ABC as I said. Of course the ABC covers it in print, 9 probably does too....duh!

Progressive ideas in this field have accomplished nothing but increased violence. Nearly all those who yell "try this" (like you) don't live there and haven't a clue. I grew up in WA and travelled a lot with my old man. Some of the things I saw make their hostility perfectly understandable, but it just can't be allowed to go unfettered and alocohol fuelled.

And YES, it's the radical left who tie themselves in ethical knots with their religious like dogma. And more moderates like you who won't call them out allow it.
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Al Bundy you are now on ignore.
    I suggest you do the same for me as you obviously can not handle any intelligent discussion.
    Really? Sigh....what a sad response.

Much of you're own "intelligent" discussion is just wild ranting....IMO anyway. Others may disagree, and that's great. It's what is good about this country as it still stands.

Premium Member
    Thanks

....ahhh..... I see where this is coming from now....

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wotnot For This Useful Post:

enf (25-01-23),Uncle Fester (25-01-23)

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Inala .. Palaszczuks own electorate FFS...

Now I have to state I think that the premier is entitled to a holiday. But imagine the outcry on TV if this was a coalition premier...

in case its paywalled...

Rampaging youth gangs turn Inala streets into no-go zones

By Lydia Lynch
    and Michael McKenna
    8:11PM January 23, 2023

Bus drivers are refusing to stop at night in Annastacia Palaszczuk’s electorate of Inala, with gangs of youths terrorising the council-run route in an escalating run of attacks.

The Queensland Premier #returned to work on Monday from an overseas holiday to face growing public anger over the state’s youth crime wave in the wake of another alleged murder by a knife-wielding teen.

As Ms Palaszczuk responded to criticism of her government’s handling of youth crime, it has emerged her local constituents no longer have access to reliable public transport after dark.

The Rail, Tram and Bus Union have branded the route through her Inala electorate on Brisbane’s southwest outskirts as the most dangerous in the city, and it says it is getting worse.

“Drivers are afraid to come to work and afraid to drive into Inala,” assistant state secretary Tom Brown said.

“Since Christmas it has gotten even worse, there have been about 24 incidents; assault, spitting, abuse, threatening drivers, passengers attacking the bus from outside with bottles and rocks.

“That is what happens when you enter these danger zones.”

Mr Brown said drivers had begun boycotting routes in Ms Palaszczuk’s electorate after being confronted by gangs of up to 20 youths.

“The kids are running in packs of 15 to 20. As soon as they get on the bus it is trouble, trouble, trouble,” he said.

“The driver is under the constant threat of assault, as are the passengers.”

Mr Brown has called on the state government to mandate and finance full protective screens for drivers travelling into Inala, police to ride on problem routes and government traffic officers to take a tougher approach.

Senior network officers, employed by the government, have powers to handcuff, detain, search and fine problem passengers but Mr Brown said they had a “softly, softly approach to these gangs”.

“They are not really engaging with them, just asking them to #behave themselves,” he said.

Ms Palaszczuk said her government was putting on more security officers and expanding the rollout of bus driver safety barriers around the state.

“These measures will be targeted in hot spot areas in the Brisbane, Townsville and Gold Coast regions,” she said. “This is about making buses a safer place for customers and bus drivers alike.”

Brisbane City Council says it is hamstrung on the issue, having #already introduced CCTV, driver barriers, emergency buttons, duress alarms, radio and GPS on every bus and is increasing the number of security guards on these services.

“Youths, often in large numbers, are being identified in the majority of assaults and incidents of aggressive behaviour towards passengers and drivers on these routes,” a spokesman for Brisbane mayor Adrian Schrinner said.

“In one case before Christmas, 20 youths were allegedly involved in an assault and robbery of a passenger.

“What’s needed is patrols by senior network officers who have real power to detain these young criminals and stronger laws that ensure the next bus they’re on is the one to detention.”

Youth crime has become a hot-button issue in Queensland, given added urgency by the deaths of David Connolly who was stabbed to death on Sunday in the up-market suburb of Wilston, and Brisbane woman Emma Lovell, #allegedly killed by knife-wielding teens in a Boxing Day home #invasion.

The 17-year-old boy charged with Mr Connolly’s murder had his matter mentioned briefly in court on Monday and bail was not sought.

The Australian understands the boy has an “extensive” criminal history.

Speaking on Monday after the first cabinet meeting of the year, Ms Palaszczuk said it was “unbelievable these things are happening” and called for more police patrols.

“People have the right to feel safe in their streets and in their neighbourhoods,” she said.

“It is a very complex issue, I think everyone realises that.”

Ms Palaszczuk stopped short of declaring a youth crime crisis, but acknowledged “there are a number of young people out there causing considerable harm”.

“I believe we need to throw everything at this, we absolutely do,” she said.

‘Some of these children come from very complex backgrounds.

“I would like to see these young people get jobs, I would like to see them into work.”

New youth justice reforms, announced days after Ms Lovell’s death last month, will be introduced to state parliament when it returns in late February.

Under the second suite of youth crime reforms in as many years, penalties will increase for #offenders who boast about crimes on social media.

The maximum sentence for stealing a car will also increase from seven to 10 years and a harsher penalty of 14 years’ jail will be introduced for offences committed at night.

Ms Palaszczuk flagged the #reforms may bypass usual committee process – where public feedback is sought – if the opposition agreed to urgently pass laws.

She said since December police had charged 818 children with 2052 offences.

• The Following User Says Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

wotnot (25-01-23)

Premium Member
    Thanks

LOL... exactly ... politicians ; left or right, red or blue, they're all tarred with the same brush 8)

Thanks

Jeez enf you really are a piece of work:

Quote Originally Posted by QLD premier,from the Australian
    Some of these children come from very complex backgrounds.

“I would like to see these young people get jobs, I would like to see them into work.”
    but when I write:
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Fester
    maybe we should start to give them some meaning in life and GIVE THEM JOBS even while in detention.

I get the generic

Quote Originally Posted by enf
    Jeeeez...you're full of crap...
    or something similar.
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 25-01-23 at 02:03 PM.

LSemmens
    Thanks

What about also charging the parents of these, so called, youths. Also allow mum and dad, and the school system the ability to give a miscreant a good "clip around the ear hole" if they misbehave.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lsemmens View Post
    What about also charging the parents of these, so called, youths. Also allow mum and dad, and the school system the ability to give a miscreant a good "clip around the ear hole" if they misbehave.
    Yes both my wife and I came up with this idea too when we discussed youth crime in the past

These kids have been obviously neglected by their parents. Some of these kids are only 13 y/o.
    Parents are there to set boundaries, teach and occupy their kids, not let them roam around streets.

• Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast