Thread: Christian Channels on VAST Platform

Thanks

Default Christian Channels on VAST Platform

7 Christian channels have been added to the VAST platform. I have noted that ATM these channels are duplicated - in ch 100's range and in the ch 600's range. This brings the total of VAST Services to 115 up from 108. I understand also that the Christian channels have been added to IS19 Ku.

Does this mean that the D2 bird is coming to the end of its life?

Cheers
    Hos Here

Look Here ->
    The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 677 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hos here View Post
    7 Christian channels have been added to the VAST platform. I have noted that ATM these channels are duplicated - in ch 100's range and in the ch 600's range. This brings the total of VAST Services to 115 up from 108. I understand also that the Christian channels have been added to IS19 Ku.

Does this mean that the D2 bird is coming to the end of its life?

Cheers
    Hos Here
    Yes Very Very soon. It being replace by Optus 11 and this sat will make D2 and D1 to go to the scrap bin in space. Optus 11 will be parked at 160 Degrees east (Optus D1 Position) and will take all the Optus 2 work. Optus 11 will be the first EVER Satellite to have software control and have thousands of beams so the good old days will be gone as one spot beam can cover 1k radius alone so by this you can see how the sat hunter dudes will be effected. (PS Think outside the square)
    Last edited by Mr 672A; 26-01-23 at 12:21 PM.

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mr 672A For This Useful Post:

gulliver (27-01-23),hos here (26-01-23),Softek2 (27-01-23)