Thread: Wired to Wireless Speaker Conversion

Thanks

Default Wired to Wireless Speaker Conversion

I have a pair of Pioneer CS-07 speakers on opposite sides of a room that I am looking to convert to wireless Bluetooth speakers that are still connected in stereo. The distance between the speakers makes it unreasonable to hardwire them together. Furthermore because these are passive speakers, each one would have its own amplifier hidden nearby. I am hoping someone may be able to a) critique these designs. If there are issues I have missed, or a better solution I have overlooked please enlighten me. b) find if anyone has done this before, or knows of any consumer-off-the-shelf equipment that can be used to accomplish this. Below are drawings of two different ideas I have had to convert these speakers.

The first idea is to have a central controller connected to a Phone/BT device. This controller can split the audio and send it to the left and right receivers.
    The second idea includes a daisy chain of sorts. A Phone/BT device connects to a receiver, which takes the left audio, and sends the right audio onto the next receiver.

Any thoughts, comments, and questions are welcome. I would love to know if anyone has done this and what equipment was used.

Design 1:

Design 2:

Look Here ->
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,934 Times in 1,510 Posts

Never done it, but many references out there of ppl who have, and a number of references related wrt audio delay/lag between the L/R channels ....which I think would be my only concern here.

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 3,338 Posts

There is always lag in the audio with Bluetooth, so if you are running both wired and BT together, it might sound quite crappy. I have a pair of bluetooth earbuds that are supposed to work as L&R channels respectively, however, some where they have decided to both work on one channel and only one at a time, despite having been set up, and working, correctly on the same device initially. Personally, I'd be running cables around the periphery of the room if possible. FWIW I do use BT headphones and a BT speaker for my Laptop from time to time.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

Thanks

Thanks for the replies. Bluetooth lag is something I had not taken into consideration.