Thread: dji mini 3 pro

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,599 Times in 1,950 Posts

Default dji mini 3 pro

Anyone used one of these ?

Ive been thinking about getting a drone for a while, these look pretty good.

wide angle lens, filters, fly more kit with long range batteries, 256gb card etc comes to around $1900 delivered.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

I have the DJI Mavic Pro about 4 years old now, easy to fly and never had any trouble. The mini might struggle in windy conditions but there great fun

Premium Member
    Thanks

Doesn't usually get too windy here, although I am planning to use it in Kalbarri, possibly the windiest place in wa......

Is it possible to enter a gps coordinate directly into controller or app and have drone fly there or is there an app that integrates with Google maps etc?

Sent from my CPH2305 using Tapatalk

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,074 Times in 6,765 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hoe View Post
    Is it possible to enter a gps coordinate directly into controller or app and have drone fly there or is there an app that integrates with Google maps etc?
    Flylitchi app integrates with Google maps/Google earth so you can enter coordinates.
    Please consider Premium Membership. Without Premium Member contributions Austech cannot operate.

Thanks

I have used an app called airmap and u can set a flightpath with that and u can send the drone for miles and back but u are supposed to have the drone in sight at all times.
    When u get the drone it is restricted to 30mm range (my dji was) until you register it (serial number) with CASA,

Premium Member
    Thanks

Looks like sdk release for the mini 3 pro is still a couple of months away....

Sent from my CPH2305 using Tapatalk

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,420 Times in 2,521 Posts

I bought the predecessor DJI Spark about 6 years ago and the only main difference is the price, nearly fell of my chair.
    Yeah flight time has improved.
    I paid back then around $600 on Fasttech. Wanted to check there if they had the mini for a better price but they seem to be down.

Just wanted to say it has mostly been lying in the shelf for about 6 years.
    I only use it to survey overgrown properties.
    However in the past I have used it cut down large critical trees by sending it up, towing a fishing line, then around the tree over a top branch so I can pull up a strong rope tied to the fishing line which I then connect to a winch so I can guide the tree safely and accurately down without hitting infrastructure, while I cut it.
    So I can say my DIY drone method has payed itself 10 times over the cost of arborist.

I wouldn't dare fly it on our beaches anymore as everybody these days thinks you are a perve if you use a drone.

I was thinking of using it for fishing but I don't even find time to go normal fishing and again bugger me if I attract attention with the thing.

These drones also have absolutely nothing to do with flying.
    They are self flying and I don't see much fun in that. It as exciting as moving a mouse and watching the arrow on a screen.

My first drone had none of this gadgetry.
    You really had to fly and balance the thing yourself and unlike a model airplane it had no tail so you can not see it's head, which drove you nuts with the yaw, especially as it had 6 motors.
    It could be blazing fast, I had the feeling it got over 100km/h and was super fun but I smashed it to smithereens.
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 12-02-23 at 09:04 PM.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Uncle Fester For This Useful Post:

gulliver (13-02-23),RedXT (13-02-23)

Premium Member
    Thanks

I grabbed one today and once it was registered etc. i was allowed to take off, as most of kalgoorlie/boulder is within 5.5km of an uncontrolled airport......

i must say it was fun, yes they are pretty idiot/hoe proof. I did manually land it a couple of times without any drama.

The collision warning system is handy for a novice.

I did break the rules already, its no fun sticking to line of sight, lol....

Got some good video of the super pit and surrounds.

pretty limited without a remote licence.....

• The Following User Says Thank You to hoe For This Useful Post:

RedXT (14-02-23)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

I thought I would have a search around and see if there any threads about drones. Bang ! I just bought the very same Dji Mini 3 Pro.
    I have been saving up as I was going to just buy a Mini 2 SE, but thought I have got to have better camera resolution. Having said that, the 2 SE is a very good budget drone at under $500.

While going the budget route, unlike Hoe I didn't buy the kit and just bought the drone for $888 from Harvey Norman. Obviously as the thread is a year old, Hoe's price is new release. You get one standard battery if you buy just the drone, so I bought a longer range one for $150. They certainly know how to milk endless money from you. Unless you buy the charger, you can only charge a battery when its plugged in to the drone. Everything is designed to cost you more money.All up, if you plan on doing some regular flying, you should just bite the bullet for the extra fly pack.

As Hoe said, they are generally idiot proof, but there are a lot of idiots out there. Look here -

As Hoe also mentioned, line of sight is impossible and even worse for me as due to spinal issues in my neck I cannot look up (why did he buy a drone I hear them say). I have only gone up 100 meters and did a slow 360 to have a look at the video.
    Since then (only days ago) it has been windy and I am not going to bother in wind even though I know it is more than capable.

They are an amazing piece of technology though.

Administrator
    Thanks

What's the bet Hoe has upgraded to the Mini 4 Pro

Or a bigger one I think the mini 3 pro is great though, there are plenty of videos on Youtube showing how capable they are. I couldn't believe how well they fly in wind, though I don't want to push my luck yet.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,972 Times in 1,529 Posts

Flying them with FPV goggles is the best fun imho. With a good setup, you can mount the cam on car, drone, heli, whatever r/c vehicle you like. It's a bit of a mind bender at the same time tho'...ie; unlike flying a plane where you can look sideways and down to reference the ground, in FPV googles you can't do that, and it's very hard to know what's under you, how far away...the first person perspective however, makes up for it =)

• The Following User Says Thank You to wotnot For This Useful Post:

admin (10-02-24)

Administrator
    Thanks

My mind is screwed enough without putting those things on

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,972 Times in 1,529 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    My mind is screwed enough without putting those things on
    Haha... it's not for the weak minded, I do it sitting down =)

• The Following User Says Thank You to wotnot For This Useful Post:

mtv (10-02-24)

Administrator
    Thanks

I only tried sports mode for the first time today

I did find a small marijuana crop of 7 mature plants on my second flight, which is likely a more impressive record than the Victorian Police Drone Unit.

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to admin For This Useful Post:

mtv (12-02-24),shred (12-02-24),wotnot (12-02-24)