Hi

I have a ridiculous large solar panel setup at my place on an average day producing 50kw hours (more in summer less in winter) during the day i am not using power from the grid during the night i am using power from the grid. usually around 10 -15kw

I am also exporting on average during the day about 15kw to the grid. Thats a lovely little gift to the electrical company because i only get a very small like 4c per kwh.

My house is 3 phase.

so i have been quoted up an installation of this unit
This system can be expanded to 60kwh storage capacity if i desire in the future however my question is basically how does this work on a 3 phase system?

the way the manufacturer seems to have indicated that it works is they install sub meetering devices that use 3 CV clamps across the three phase lines running into the meter and the same for the 3 phase solar output lines then they use the measurements coming from these to pull power either from the production on that phase or from the grid on that phase. it then reads the consumption on all the phases and will output to the grid on the phase it is on to counter the consumption on the other phases.

the example they gave was as follows

if it was installed on phase B.

say im using 2kw on phase A and 1kw on phase B and 2 kw on phase C then it will output 5kw on phase B meaning the 1kw of usage on that phase brings it down to 4kw output exported on phase B canceling out the 2kw usage on each other phase A and C respectively.

does that sound right?

Thanks in advance.