Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Optus D2 defunct

Thanks

Dont worry what your meter was doing. did it play ok on your receiver? and if so WHAT receiver were you using? Its easy for the make the signal weaker by using fec 5/6 or 7/8 or 8/9 or worse

'
    Last edited by apsattv; 15-05-23 at 06:25 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rye View Post
    Can anyone make sense of this? 11061 Casterton feed scanned in and worked fine yesterday, but 11274 Parkes feed wouldn't scan in. When I had my meter on that frequency the SNR was jumping all over the place into the teens and back to zero. At the same time it was completely stable on the Casterton feed. I played with the dish and skew but nothing helped.

Now today the live feed is coming from Victoria on the exact same frequency 11274 and is completely stable. Since nothing has changed at my end, am I right in thinking there's something up with the feeds coming out of NSW? Anybody else had an issue? I'm using a 1.2m & Uni LNB in SE QLD

Are you able to use a DVB card such as a TBS card to get the FEC and Modulation?
    As indicated by "apsattv" the modulation and the FEC can define if you have reception or not.

It may be that today they are using FEC and modulation that requires less signal level to lock? Yesterday it may have been different FEC and modulation that required a higher signal level to lock and you were borderline, hence the erratic fluctuations?

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Pommie For This Useful Post:

hos here (15-05-23),Rye (16-05-23)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by apsattv View Post
    Dont worry what your meter was doing. did it play ok on your receiver? and if so WHAT receiver were you using? Its easy for the make the signal weaker by using fec 5/6 or 7/8 or 8/9 or worse

'
    It wouldn't blind scan in at all. The Casterton feed scanned and played. I have both GT MEDIA V8x and Hellobox8. Tried both multiple times, Casterton fine but Parkes wouldn't scan in. I will not delete the channels to see what happens next time a NSW feed comes on that same frequency. I also missed what should have been West Wyalong Friday & Tuncurry on Saturday, so coincidence or not I have had all the VIC broadcasts and none of the NSW. For what it's worth I'm not using any splitters or diplexers etc.. just a straight feed from Uni SLNB

Thanks

Rye did you try on your Hellobox? those reporting 169E h3E all appear to be using gtmedia receivers. I've seen some odd screenshot some indicated dvbs2x others 16 apsk results that just indicate something isn't quite right.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by apsattv View Post
    Rye did you try on your Hellobox? those reporting 169E h3E all appear to be using gtmedia receivers. I've seen some odd screenshot some indicated dvbs2x others 16 apsk results that just indicate something isn't quite right.
    Yep both Hellobox & GT did the same thing.. picked up the Casterton feed but refused to scan in Parkes (or any of the other NSW on other days). No issues with Vic meeting today

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rye View Post
    ... I have had all the VIC broadcasts and none of the NSW....

Based on your comment, you should have the Stawell (VIC) feed today? If so, can you confirm the parameters such as FEC and Modulation?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The Pommie View Post
    Based on your comment, you should have the Stawell (VIC) feed today? If so, can you confirm the parameters such as FEC and Modulation?
    Apologies, I did have Stawell. I don't know how to get those readings, my meter is only basic, unless they can be calculated from the SNR and BER? Bit above my pay grade sorry. I also couldn't see anywhere in my STB that might have that info. Might have to get a card as you suggested

Thanks

Last edited by apsattv; 16-05-23 at 06:12 PM.

Thanks

OK my GT V8x just doesn't have this Channel Info.. have searched everywhere. My on screen display also looks completely different to this.

What model box is this? and are there any retailers in Aus/NZ? Thanks

Thanks

The screen photo is from a Gtmedia combo, surely the V8 has menu where you can see the parameters of a saved channel? something that has been standard on pretty much every digital receiver ever made since the 2000's

Thanks

Hi all. Having a similar problem to Rye. Today for example I used GT V8 and then crazy scan/dvbdream with a TBS tuner and got a signal for 'Moree races' on 169e. On the GT box it is at 11287H7498. Crazy Scan reports it as 11287H7501 8PSK 5/6. Usually to watch it through DVBDream I'll have to play around with signal rate a bit. Anyway there's another signal which the GT skipped over earlier this morning at 11278H7500. I suspect it might be Hawkesbury. Crazy Scan doesn't pick up a signal for it either. I'm wondering if a bigger dish (currently 1.2m) or some other type of hardware would help get a watchable stream for the ones that Appsat (thanks, appreciate your work btw) is getting.

Thanks

What TBS card are you using? what mode did crazyscan report? CCM acm/vcm? 8psk 16 apsk etc? did you use 1mhz steppings?

Here are todays feeds
    its likely fec 5/6 is the issue as you need 9dB +

11237 H Sr 7500 DVB-S2 8PSK Fec 2/3 Greyhounds
    11274 H Sr 7500 DVB-S2 8PSK Fec 5/6 horses
    11283 H Sr 7500 DVB-S2 8PSK Fec 5/6 Horses

Thanks

Hi appsattv. Am using TBS5520SE USB Tuner Box. Not sure where to find the CCM etc. The only transponder crazy scan found was 11287 and it was 8PSK Fec 5/6. I used 1mhz steppings. I can see the peaks there for all 3 in the scan, but the two I can't get are slightly lower. In DVB Dream I manually added the TP's you posted, and scanned for channels. It reported a level of 58 and quality of 88 for all 3, yet no channels were found, not even the one GT has. I suspect an upgrade needed to the Tuner - the combo of it, crazy scan and dvbdream has always seemed 'temperamental' to me. On the sat meter 11287(11283) is stable @ SN 10.4, 11278(11274) is mostly 8.4 and rarely 9, 11242(11237) is all over the place, mostly zero.

Thanks

Are you able to use EBSPRO ? as a different option

Crazyscan should list the parameters (acm/vcm/ccm etc) , do scan then do blindscan, you should see the readings, if they dont appear double clicking the center frequency should open a display of the parameters. From that screen "carrier search and constellation monitoring" click the green looking icon to do search and see if it locks the correct parameters.

im using crazyscan 1.0.2.178 and the newest streamreader 1.2.4.148

Thanks

Thanks

aronpeace I forgot to ask your location

Thanks

Ok sweet thanks heaps I'll try all that. Located in Tallebudgera Qld. That's some massive SNR, is that location/dish size or both?
    Last edited by aronpeace; 18-05-23 at 04:12 PM.

Thanks

Thats a 2.4M in Melbourne

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aronpeace View Post
    Hi all. Having a similar problem to Rye. Today for example I used GT V8 and then crazy scan/dvbdream with a TBS tuner and got a signal for 'Moree races' on 169e. On the GT box it is at 11287H7498. Crazy Scan reports it as 11287H7501 8PSK 5/6. Usually to watch it through DVBDream I'll have to play around with signal rate a bit. Anyway there's another signal which the GT skipped over earlier this morning at 11278H7500. I suspect it might be Hawkesbury. Crazy Scan doesn't pick up a signal for it either. I'm wondering if a bigger dish (currently 1.2m) or some other type of hardware would help get a watchable stream for the ones that Appsat (thanks, appreciate your work btw) is getting.
    Your frequencies seem to be about 5 MHz higher per feed than those provided by apsattv for the same feeds, possibly due to variance in stability of the LNB L.O. compared to the other scan result.
    I do not think this will impact on your signal levels as you are using what the blind scan detects when it talks to the LNB.

It seems as though a 1.2m dish is borderline for reception of some of these feeds as you are located in an area that should be getting the maximum power from the downlink.
    Last edited by The Pommie; 18-05-23 at 04:47 PM.

Thanks

Aronpeace any chance you could run EBSPRO as a scan with that should reveal more info as to what you are seeing and level compared with others.

Also another option swap out your lnbf and see if the frequency match more what the log above shows

• Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast