Thread: Viewing and controlling a Sat feed from abroad

Thanks

Default Viewing and controlling a Sat feed from abroad

Hi. I'm wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction please? I have dishes and boxes on Eastern Aus satellite beams. I want to be able to access these from NZ for a few weeks. So basically I want to be able to scan manually, and view the feeds.. as low latency as possible.

I see GT and Hellobox have stream out features, but they seem to be on a few seconds delay. Also one of the Hellobox tutorials seemed to say it's only available to view on the same network? I have looked at something called a Whitbox, but there is no mention of latency, and they start around $2k per unit. It was also mentioned to me to look into some software called VLC player.

Just thought I would ask here as I'm sure some have experience with these... I think latency will be my biggest hurdle.
    Thanks

Look Here ->
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,074 Times in 6,765 Posts

Which satellites, which transponders and channels specifically, which location in NZ and what dish/LNB are you intending to use?

It's satellite, so there will always be latency.... Why is that so critical for you?
    Please consider Premium Membership. Without Premium Member contributions Austech cannot operate.

• The Following User Says Thank You to mtv For This Useful Post:

red star (01-11-23)

Thanks

I intend on keeping my already installed and working dishes/boxes connected here on site, I just want to access them from another location. So H3, D3, D2 etc and the ch's and transponders vary. It's the various sporting feeds that pop up which I use, hence latency requirements

Thanks

Let's not beat around the bush, those wanting low latency are generally using sports feeds for betting purposes. Well, there's a difference between personally viewing them and needing to restream them. If you want to just watch them from NZ then connect it up to a pc with tuner card using Teamviewer and dvbdream would be fine as long as the connection has a good upload speed.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to apsattv For This Useful Post:

fandtm666 (03-11-23),gulliver (03-11-23)