Thread: Lipo Battery for Grado GW100 bluetooth headphones

Thanks

Default Lipo Battery for Grado GW100 bluetooth headphones

Hi all,

I have no background in electronics and have joined this forum looking for help.

The Lipo battery in my wireless bluetooth Grado GW100 headphones manufactured on the US, has puffed out like a small pillow which I am told has probably been overcharged and should be replaced.

Details:

- ZLY 422535 3.7V
    320mAh 1.184wh
    + 180810

I can only find one supplier in China who can send me a replacement at a cost of $US19 plus $US240 delivery (UPS).

At this price I might as well buy a new pair of headphones. Unfortunately, they do not offer surface freight.

I have contacted the manufacturer in the US and their local Australian distributer who advise that they are having problems sourcing replacement Lipo batteries.

I have searched eBay and Amazon. There are a lot of "similar" Lipo batteries with higher mAh, eg:

- VOLANTEX 3.7V 400mAh Lipo Rechargeable Battery for P51 F4U BF109 RC Plane
    -
    3.7V 500mAh Lithium Polymer LiPo Rechargeable Battery with JST 1.0mm 3pin connector 582535 For Mp3 GPS bluetooth Camera watch

Can anybody advise what the battery details on my Lipo are and perhaps recommend an alternate battery for my headphones?

Thanks in advance

MascotSteve

Look Here ->
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,969 Times in 1,528 Posts

The number "422535" refers to the physical cell size in thickness x width x height ,,,, ie; 4.2mm thick 25mm wide 35mm height -- depending on physical room in the device, sometimes you can fit a larger cell.

The milli-Amp-hour rating is inconsequential ....basically more is better (more mAh, longer runtime)

The plug connector is often where you get stuck, but, cutting the old connector off and soldering it to the replacement cell (after cutting off it's connector) is a solution (or cut off connector and solder direct to PCB)

Search ebay for '422535 lipo 320mah'

HTH

• The Following User Says Thank You to wotnot For This Useful Post:

VroomVroom (21-04-23)

Thanks

Thankyou, you have been so helpful :-)