Thread: Boxes Boxes Boxes

Thanks

Default Boxes Boxes Boxes

So many boxes out there, most are dodgy, and those originating from good old Shenzhen are nowhere near their advertised spec. There’re just a handful boxes genuinely true to their advertised spec. The demand for TV boxes is dimensioning as consumers upgrade to smart TV and if your favorite App is not on the App store and you have it on a sump drive, not to worry, you can still get them into your TV provided it uses Android operating system. Instructions later. LG’s and other tv’s using web OS use a different platform and require an Android box to play android apps.

Back to the boxes… those with 95, 96, 98 in their brand name use software extracted from mobile phone like pixel 3… (AOSP Open source) The spec showing in Device Preferences > About ! are manipulated to show the fake storage and spec… The truce is revealed when using Android Debug Tool lets you see the true spec. So, when you buy a 4+32 or 4+64 you may only get 1+8. Netflix will only stream 480p, lagging is a common issue with games and streaming videos.
    The upside is that you can install on them and run unofficial apps not available on the app store.

Xiaomi, Nvidia Shield, Amazon Firestick are some of the certified androids that use ATV platform. Their downside is with those unofficial apps. Which are installed via sump drive, require download, and install File Explorer (FX) app and Sideloader app. These are available on the App store. FX let you browse the content of your sump drive…lets you install the unofficial apps. These Apps can be accessed and run through the Sideloader App. This process also applies to Android TV’s.. I heard about Samsung’s Tizen OS… that you can run Android apps using a USB thumb drive.. if anybody had success… let us know…
    More here…

Look Here ->
    Thanks

I use firesticks on both my TVs at home and it has been great. I have a extra one to take when I go away. Sideloading apps is pretty easy. Plenty of tutorial on yt. You can get them very cheap when there's a sale on at jbhi or bigw.