Thread: Geeeee!! It hard to get a Dish Delivered

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 677 Posts

Default Geeeee!! It hard to get a Dish Delivered

I have been ringing up here and there for the last month to find a solid dish from 1.8m to 2.4m and if I find one NOBODY WILL DELIVERY IT. Yes its NEW and in peices. The Reason given to me is freight company have damaged to many so the company selling them they wont sell them anymore. Yes pick up only. Even 30K from me that have a Mesh Dish they wont deliver them to my door or any door. Once again pick up Only

Look Here ->
    Thanks

why not see if some one like sendle will pickup and deliver
    dont say linux if i wanted it id install it

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,074 Times in 6,765 Posts

Sounds like the suppliers don't want the hassle of damage claims, so now they just refuse to freight.

There would be nothing stopping you from arranging your own freight, as that would take the onus off the supplier.
    Please consider Premium Membership. Without Premium Member contributions Austech cannot operate.

• The Following User Says Thank You to mtv For This Useful Post:

The Pommie (09-05-23)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 5GRUBBISH View Post
    I have been ringing up here and there for the last month to find a solid dish from 1.8m to 2.4m and if I find one NOBODY WILL DELIVERY IT. Yes its NEW and in peices. The Reason given to me is freight company have damaged to many so the company selling them they wont sell them anymore. Yes pick up only. Even 30K from me that have a Mesh Dish they wont deliver them to my door or any door. Once again pick up Only

Alternative would be to hire a suitable vehicle and collect in person, that way the risk of damage is reduced compared to using a freight company.
    However, if the supplier is not local it might be a long drive for the return trip? If the collection return trip can be done in one day with vehicle hire it might work out cheaper than using a freight company?

Can you share the details of the size, make of dish and supplier you have found? It's not easy locating a decent dish so the info might help others who are also looking?

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mtv View Post
    Sounds like the suppliers don't want the hassle of damage claims, so now they just refuse to freight.

There would be nothing stopping you from arranging your own freight, as that would take the onus off the supplier.
    Not only that one company only ships to there Freight office not to my home, yes I live in Metropolitan Brisbane so I will have to hire a ute just to pick it up. the Cheapest part for this by a mile is the BRAND new Dish. The freight from Melbourne to Brisbane is nearly twice the price of the dish itself + I have hire a ute and the original freight will be 2.5 time of the price for the dish itself. Unbelievable.
    Last edited by Mr 672A; 10-05-23 at 11:28 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The Pommie View Post
    Alternative would be to hire a suitable vehicle and collect in person,

Can you share the details of the size, make of dish and supplier you have found? It's not easy locating a decent dish so the info might help others who are also looking?
    I had a 1.8M dish before and its a cheap brand and known to warp so I spend one week making brackets to strengthen it but when I moved I had to sell it IDIOT!!! Also made my own polar mount not like before Az El. My mount and the way I supported the dish would laugh at 100 mile a hour winds, also had stainless steel 12 mm bolts IDIOT!!!!!!
    Last edited by Mr 672A; 10-05-23 at 11:52 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fandtm666 View Post
    why not see if some one like sendle will pickup and deliver
    If local I can do that but 1800K away.

Thanks

I had a 1.8M dish before and its a cheap brand and known to warp so I spend one week making brackets to strengthen it but when I moved I had to sell it IDIOT!!! ...

What about the new dish you have bought but are finding difficulty getting it delivered, are you able to share any details of the supplier for this dish and the make?

Thanks

There is a brand new 2.4m solid dish for sale in Dalby, QLD still in its crate. It is a top class broadcast grade dish but it needs modification to the feed assembly to work in Ku-Band.
    Dalby should be less than 3 hours drive, you could collect and get home easily in the same day with a suitable vehicle.

Thanks

in brissy

Last edited by fandtm666; 10-05-23 at 10:07 PM.
    dont say linux if i wanted it id install it

Thanks

I have been ringing up here and there for the last month to find a solid dish from 1.8m to 2.4m and if I find one NOBODY WILL DELIVERY
    Plenty stock here .... .. shipping costs is more than the costs of the dish.

Thanks

in brissy

C-Band mesh dishes, reduced performance in Ku-Band

Thanks

in brissy

Thanks for that. Looked everywhere except Facebook Market Place.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The Pommie View Post
    C-Band mesh dishes, reduced performance in Ku-Band
    Yes this is the reason why for starters I want Solid. Not in a hurry but If I cant get Solid I have to go with Mesh. I remember reading somewhere to buy a Cband dish for Ku with smaller holes in the mesh. I dont know if its true.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by B52 View Post
    Plenty stock here .... .. shipping costs is more than the costs of the dish.
    but when you ring them they don't deliver to Brisbane. Its like the lot of them hate me and dont want to ship it to Brisbane. I have rang so many I'm getting confused. Never expected this. The Best chance for me is hire and ute, drive to the suppler not further than 50K away say JoySat, buy it, and drive home and send the ute where it came from.

Thanks

Did you try Hunter Express.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hos here View Post
    Did you try Hunter Express.
    No but I think this mob you have to use there company which is TNT. Maybe next week I will ring them to see if they allow me to buy it and choose the company to delivery to my home.
    thanks