Thread: How do I copy a file FROM an iPad

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 3,338 Posts

Default How do I copy a file FROM an iPad

I find I have an MP3 on my iPad that seems to have disappeared from my computer. HOW THE (insert dirty werd here) can I copy that file FROM the iPAd onto my computer. Bl***y iTunes won't let me do it!
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

Look Here ->
    Premium Member
    Thanks

can you email it to yourself then copy it on the computer

Thanks

Hello Isemmens
    Or Try this program the works on Appell iFunbox, iTune

Thanks
    Thanked 2,226 Times in 580 Posts

Yep, iFunBox is the go for iPhones & iPads etc. Have used in the past for the same reason and it worked well.
    Last edited by Johnno; 28-05-23 at 02:15 PM.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Johnno For This Useful Post:

red star (28-05-23)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,596 Times in 1,948 Posts

if you had a windows tablet it would be a simple copy and paste........

• The Following User Says Thank You to hoe For This Useful Post:

Tiny (30-05-23)

LSemmens
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hoe View Post
    if you had a windows tablet it would be a simple copy and paste........
    Thanks Hoe, I'd love one, but finances are a little tight at the moment, so I have to battle on with this bit of fruit! Don't worry, As soon as I can afford it, I'll look into a convertible notebook and put Linux on it. Thanks, red-star I had forgotten about iFun-box. Must download it and see if it does what I want. Good though about e-mail, dai, but email of music is not available from within the iPad universe. I even thought that iCloud might be useful that that ONLY works with text files. The apple universe is so locked down it is great for muppets. If you want to do anything useful it's their way or the highway.

• The Following User Says Thank You to lsemmens For This Useful Post:

red star (28-05-23)

Thanks

Hello lsemmens
    To have access to music iTune is better works for me, For photos and ather iFunbox is the go.
    Good Luck

LSemmens
    Thanks

I funbox worked for what I wanted which was to move a music file back to my PC. Somehow I somehow managed to lose the source file in my entire computer network and the iPad had the only copy. If I were enamored with the Apple ecosystem and Windoze, I might be tempted to pay for iFunbox, but, hopefully, this is the first, and last, time I NEED it.

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,414 Times in 2,517 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lsemmens View Post
    ...I might be tempted to pay for iFunbox..
    iFunbox has always been free and AFAIK still is, not sure why there is pay link.

Since iOS version 15.x it has all gone downhill. iFunbox just shows my ipad as Jailed and while in the past an app called file conduit resolved that, it doesn't exist for newer iOS versions.
    Some other apps that could allegedly access the iOS root system now cost money and they want your credit card, which I would NEVER provide for something like that as it smells badly like a scam.

I have some limited access with ES file explorer (an app for the ipad) and something called iCareFone (for the PC and Mac), which I downloaded from 'somewhere' and works getting music files to and from where I need them, where ifunbox does cut the mustard anymore.

So the point I am making with all this is, if you are still on iOS 13.x.x or below, do NOT update.

However if you install the VLC player for iOS you can still use iFunbox as VLC has a shared folder for all your media files for ifunbox to access.
    Some other apps like KyBook have these shared folders too.
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 05-06-23 at 11:01 PM.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,414 Times in 2,517 Posts

One iOS music player I would like to point out that also uses 'App file Sharing' is High Stereo.
    It sounds and looks way better than VLC and has other useful features like net radio (that actually looks like a radio) where you paste your own links, I got all the ABC radio, Classic, Jazz, talk and all my favourite Radio Bob stations.
    Unlike VLC and all these other apps this has a proper octave spaced equaliser and bass/treble as well. I always quickly get the sound I want.
    I actually payed the $2 to get rid of the non intrusive banner ad but if you are offline (don't use the radio) there are no ads anyhow, same with KyBook or course.

So with these apps you can avoid the nasty iTunes and just stick to the shared folders where you will always have access to your files in both directions with iFunbox.

Edit: Just noticed that VLC did fix the equaliser (after 22 years) on this iOS 15 version I have and is now octave spaced. On my Mac it still has the hideous 12, 14, 16kHz faders while it misses important frequencies in the more audible range below.

Still, check out High Stereo, it is fun.
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 05-06-23 at 10:59 PM.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

LSemmens
    Thanks

Thanks for that Fester, the iPad is used ONLY for my chord charts. The only music on the iPad is a song associated with each chart. that I can listen to quickly if I forget how a specific song goes, or want to practice along with it on the road. Quality of playback is adequate for my needs. My charting app (Songsheet) talks to iCloud for PDFs, but must access the audio stuff via iTunes, it's a pain. Why Apple could not allow music to be added from iCloud is beyond me!