Thread: Dual fuel Cooker Instalation?

Thanks

Default Dual fuel Cooker Instalation?

Hi there.

I’m not an electrician and not a tradesman, and as I am retired, I am relient on professionals.

I recently bought a Emilia (mod: GB865GE) duel fuel, free standing, upright cooker with gas cooking rings and electric oven and grill. I read that it only requires a plug-in 15amp circuit and does not need to be hard-wired.

My current cooker (working perfectly) is also a Emilia (mod: EL865MVIL) however it is all gas with an electric fan which I presumably is only 10amp.

My wall socket is 10amp, however all the fuses appear to be 15amp. I’m not sure what the wiring is. NB. When the house was built, 15amp sockets (with the larger earth spade) were not in use.

From what I can see, installation of my new cooker would only involve reconnecting and testing the gas, and with a change of socket, plugging in the power.

Question 1. How can I tell if I have the correct; fuse, wiring and socket?
    Question 2. Roughly what is instillation going to set me back?

I have little objection to the Installer (out of the goodness of his heart) relieving me of my perfectly good, working gas cooker …. and him selling it at a profit, what I don’t like is, to pay through the nose for complex installation I don’t need.

Peter Hart
    Adelaide, SA

Look Here ->
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,066 Times in 6,761 Posts

Hi Peter,

This section is for introductions only... telling us about yourself, where you are from, your interests, etc.

All other discussion should be posted in the appropriate section.... in this instance, the Home forum would be the most appropriate.

Please consider Premium Membership. Without Premium Member contributions Austech cannot operate.