Thread: tyre extinquisher extreemist groups

Thanks

Default tyre extinquisher extreemist groups

so i was looking at the news articles on news.com and i came across an article about this group

They are an extremist climate action group that are going out of their way to target SUV owners.

now what i don't quite get is what they are hoping to achieve with this.

Yes i am a 4x4 owner. I have a Nissan Pathfinder R51. It is fully equipped for off road usage. I generally use my civic around town and my 4x4 on long trips where i need extra capacity or need to tow the trailer.

however a properly equipped 4x4 is not going to be too inconvenienced by them letting the tyres down. in fact i have to admit i often do it myself when taking it off road or taking it on the beach so as such it is of limited inconvenience to me for them to do this to the car.

I think what they are doing is doing worse for the environment. reasons below

example 1

my tyres are deflated while im out.
    i now have to run the engine with my compressor connected to the electrical system to reinflate. lets say it takes 20 min for all 4 tyres. thats the engine sitting there farting co2 into the atmosphere for 20 min that otherwise wouldn't have been the case.

example 2
    my tyres are slashed while i am out.
    my car then has to be towed to a tyre shop to have 4 new tyres put on. the co2 produced in the manufacture of those new tyres plus the co2 emitted by the tow truck to get the car to the tyre shop.

example 3
    they deflate my tyres at home during the night.
    I discover this in the morning and then have to ramp up my house compressor. takes 5 min to surprise at 12amps is in a general ball park 300g of co2 emitted just so i can pump them back up. this is assuming the compressor doesn't kick back on while pumping filling them. furthermore because this discovery will be made in the morning it will ensure that i am using grid power because the house battery will be depleted by that time of morning and the solar does not overcome the pool pump power consumption until about 11am.

so in all 3 of these scenarios more co2 has been emitted as a direct result of these "climate activists" actions.

I am not really understanding the logic behind these actions.

furthermore i also find it insulting having already spent in the proximity of $30k on renewable energy installation in the house (massive battery + 15kw solar) and using the vehicles sparingly that their assertion that the vehicle i have in my driveway is a leading contributor to climate change. I mean i think its been about 2 weeks since i even started the 4x4 and in that time i have only driven the civic twice.

Look Here ->
    Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 34,964 Times in 9,060 Posts

You are trying to marry two almost mutually exclusive terms. Extremist and Logic.

Are they REALLY extremist activists? I would class such people as merely common vandals who don the climate change hat to justify their actions. When cornered they wave a banner or two and scream, but they are really just low life criminals. I'll bet they all drive cars.......I usually just laugh when I see such morons on television, but then temper that laugh with sympathy for those they have inconvenienced, hindered or worse.

Fvckwit low lives who deserve nothing but the full punishment of the law.
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

Al Bundy (31-05-23),eaglem (03-06-23),peteramjet (31-05-23),Tiny (31-05-23)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,193 Times in 1,905 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by enf View Post
    You are trying to marry two almost mutually exclusive terms. Extremist and Logic.

Are they REALLY extremist activists? I would class such people as merely common vandals who don the climate change hat to justify their actions. When cornered they wave a banner or two and scream, but they are really just low life criminals. I'll bet they all drive cars.......I usually just laugh when I see such morons on television, but then temper that laugh with sympathy for those they have inconvenienced, hindered or worse.

Fvckwit low lives who deserve nothing but the full punishment of the law.
    Just absolute total f#@ktards.
    Cheers
    Ted (Al)

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Al Bundy For This Useful Post:

eaglem (03-06-23),Tiny (31-05-23)

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 3,338 Posts

They'd have fun deflating the tyres on my 4WD. They've not had air in them for about 5 years! They should stop breathing, that will remove even more CO2 from the atmosphere!
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

• The Following User Says Thank You to lsemmens For This Useful Post:

eaglem (03-06-23)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lsemmens View Post
    They'd have fun deflating the tyres on my 4WD. They've not had air in them for about 5 years! They should stop breathing, that will remove even more CO2 from the atmosphere!
    what do you have in your 4x4 tyres if not air?

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 3,338 Posts

Nothing, They've been flat (only on the bottom) for about 5 years. The auto tranny needs servicing and I haven't needed it so it is just sitting in the driveway. The tyres were stuft anyway. When I get some money together and my current ride gives up, I might look at getting it going again.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

• The Following User Says Thank You to lsemmens For This Useful Post:

eaglem (03-06-23)