Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Can this work

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 5GRUBBISH View Post
    I spend one day just to line up the panels with a file and spanner.
    Place 2 or 3 string lines across the face of the dish from the outer arc edges. at the center, where the strings are crossing they should just be touching, if any gaps it means the dish asthmatics is out, meaning reduced efficiency. Then have a look at the feedhorn center alignment. if you can see through the feed wave guide, the center should be the string line crossings and the very center of the dish should be all aligned for maximum efficiency. if you can't see through the wave guide, use a tube instead of the LNB.
    Last edited by B52; 21-07-23 at 12:43 AM.

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 677 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by B52 View Post
    Place 2 or 3 string lines across the face of the dish from the outer arc edges. at the center, where the strings are crossing they should just be touching, if any gaps it means the dish asthmatics is out, meaning reduced efficiency. Then have a look at the feedhorn center alignment. if you can see through the feed wave guide, the center should be the string line crossings and the very center of the dish should be all aligned for maximum efficiency. if you can't see through the wave guide, use a tube instead of the LNB.
    I was just about to do the string test but I got sick the same day. Still sick, Know doubt some ar.se gave me this disease. For me my prime focus LNBF is one piece and it good if you have chaparral style scaller rimg to see if it matches the cross on the string. Outside that It works ok but when I get better I will test it by the plumbers string that I have used before.

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The Pommie View Post
    I speak English and although not on youtube I can assure you with 100% certainty that a side car LNB assembly works if setup correctly.
    My assurance is based on personal experience of using a 2.4m solid reflector where the side car LNB is aligned to receive a satellite six degrees away from the centrally focused satellite.
    Once again I wanted the same SAT twice

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 5GRUBBISH View Post
    Once again I wanted the same SAT twice

I was replying to the first post in this topic, in that post you asked about using a side car LNB.
    You did not state in that post that you wanted the same satellite on both the centrally focused LNB and the side car LNB.

My reply was valid and correct in response to your original post in the topic.
    It was not until post 16 of this topic that you indicated that you wanted the same satellite from both LNB's
    Last edited by The Pommie; 22-07-23 at 01:12 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The Pommie View Post
    I was replying to the first post in this topic, in that post you asked about using a side car LNB.
    You did not state in that post that you wanted the same satellite on both the centrally focused LNB and the side car LNB.

My reply was valid and correct in response to your original post in the topic.
    It was not until post 16 of this topic that you indicated that you wanted the same satellite from both LNB's
    don't worry about it, forgot to put than it for the first post.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by B52 View Post
    Got my faithful plumbers pink line our and stretched a line from 3 to 9 o'clock then from 12 to 6 o'clock and the second line (12 to 6) it touched at the cross when I MM from the edge of the dish. Now that was the second line was on top so I did the same with that line under and I got the same touching the cross when I was about 1 MM so by that I say it BULLS EYE.
    Have try other combo's like 10 to 4 or 2, to 8 o'clock, will do when I have time or better still feel a bit better

• Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123