Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Can this work

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 677 Posts

Default Can this work

Since I'm having trouble of getting a 1.8M or a 2.4M solid or mesh dish delivered to our house and 99% of companies do not want to ship any large dish (DAMAGE THEM ON TRANSIT) from Melbourne to Brisbane Metropolitan area and if I buy one from Joysat Brisbane open only from Monday to Friday (Can get a friend with a ute but he works Mon to Fri) and I don't feel confidant because of my age, hiring, driving a strange ute to a area that I have never driven before and the last option for me is getting a company (say Hunter Express) to pick the dish up at Slack Creek Brisbane (Joysat does not approve this) to our home approx 60 k away.

The other option for me as I don't really want to add another large dish say 1.8M to 2,4M in our yard because of whingers and whilst I was think about using a prime focus dish I bought a Ku LNBF to suit Prime Focus Dish before hand.

So will this work of having this special Ku LNBF that works on a prime focus dish bolted next the CBand feed horn and CBand LNB ( I will allow it to skew). Yes I know its not centered and will lose GAIN, the Cband dish is 2.3M and I expect if to have less gain than a typical ku 2.3 mesh dish that average around 48 db gain for a 2.3 M mesh dish but it has to be better than a 1.2M offset dish that has 43.32 gain. What do you think. I have spare RG6'6 waiting on the pole of the dish it self to in the house.

The Cband Orthomode Feed with 2 X 5G LNB

The Cband Orthomode Feed with 2 X 5G LNB with the new Ku LNBF to suit prime focus dish. Yes the wife is hanging on to it.

The special Ku LNBF to suit prime focus dish

Look Here ->
    Thanks

mate try these guys

dont say linux if i wanted it id install it

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fandtm666 View Post
    mate try these guys

Will keep thanks but with no sides on the ute it might damage the mesh if I get them as they have to strap the panels down. But at the same time the 4 panels that make the mesh dish they are in a cardboard box for each piece and the guy delivery then wont know how fragile the panels are.

Thanks

SHI.T Have a look at this. Its news for me

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 5GRUBBISH View Post
    SHI.T Have a look at this. Its news for me

Another, but no lingo in English. Its Simple I want my 2.3M cband dish do cband stuff which it does but I want the second LNB the new prime focus LNB to do ku stuff that is weak and I cant get them or border line. I have spare cable on the dish that will go in the LNB area and these cables goes into our room where the Ultimo 4K box is and this box has multiple turners and will use Tuner "B" (F Connector) to do this. Should work, find out soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ykrqa5Y42M
    Last edited by Mr 672A; 31-05-23 at 05:20 PM.

Thanks

There is no reason why it will not work, you should get some signals, just depends if they are strong enough to lock whatever you are hoping to get.
    Unless you try it out you wont know.

What is special about that Ku LNB apart from the fact that it is not a 40mm collar LNB for an offset dish?
    Last edited by The Pommie; 31-05-23 at 09:05 PM.

Thanks

Hello All??? And Thank you

Look not shore if this can help, I have try Signal Miter Finder and other stuff to fine Signal, But last time i have this the work for me Alignment Details A APP on iPhone and it work for me.
    Hope itr my work for you two

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The Pommie View Post
    There is no reason why it will not work, you should get some signals, just depends if they are strong enough to lock whatever you are hoping to get.
    Unless you try it out you wont know.

What is special about that Ku LNB apart from the fact that it is not a 40mm collar LNB for an offset dish?
    All I want is the signal to be greater than my 1.2M Offset dish that I have been using. No its a 40mm collar on the special LNBF but its for ku Prime Focus dish not for offset dish where you can get them anywhere. I have seen videos on people that modifying offset Ku lnbf to suit prime focus dishes but I decide to buy the original that is available on Ali Express reasonable cheap.

Thanks

Have a look at this BOGGY WORKMANSHIP. I never seen a Dish install done by Indians in 25 years that I can say its a fair install. Look at the string with the LNB, the connection on the floor behind the tape. Instead of tape or cable tile this person uses string to hold on the RG6 LOL.LOL.

The second video is worse. Unbelievable

Last edited by Mr 672A; 01-06-23 at 11:55 AM.

Thanks

Another Indian
    I've had enough!!! I say if these fools with shoddy workmanship can get it to work I should be able to get it to work.

Thanks

Gday 5G any chance u can drop a link to where you got the prime focus KU lnb? Thanks mate

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Dm500, DM5620, DM600 x2, DM7000 x1, DM7020, DM7025, DM800, VU+DUO and a partridge in a pear tree
    All it takes for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nfnovice View Post
    Gday 5G any chance u can drop a link to where you got the prime focus KU lnb? Thanks mate

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I'm taking my time to do this as I have all the brackets made of Aluminum, fully drilled for adjustment and I primed them then painted them in Primrose the same colour as my cover for our LNB's I take my time and not like the Scammers OR Sorry the Indians that I never found one of them to have a fair workmanship. The only thing that concerns me by this set up that I want to do is I think there signal is a lot stronger and if they put up a tin pan they will get a signal from it. Don't forget to pay extra to get the bracket that is needed for a 3 arm C Band setup. The photo below is not the dish that I was going to use the 3 arm bracket.

The cover for the 5G orthmode twin LNB.

Last edited by Mr 672A; 04-06-23 at 12:17 PM.

Thanks

By the way I use turtle wax to polish it. LOL.

Thanks

I have given up with this project as for me IT DOES NOT WORK at ALL not even a wimp of signal., I have allowed the dish to move east or west because the New LNB is on the side of the original and allowed the Vertical so the NEW LNB is follows the arc of the other Cband/Ku band Satellites and both adjustments are on the same side. I think this Indian dudes have Scammed me. The Funny thing is all are from India.

Thanks

Show a photo front on? showing where the 2nd LNBF is positioned?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by apsattv View Post
    Show a photo front on? showing where the 2nd LNBF is positioned?
    Unfortunately I don't have one as I did not take one but I can tell you that when the dish is on D2 @ 160 Deg East the NEW LNB is well above the original working C Band LNB so for a example if I had a elevation Jack the Dish will need to come down as its the thickness of the feed horn throat above the original Cband LNB
    If you look at the photo below you can see the new LNB I put it this position for easy mounting when the dish was parked at Asiasat 5 100 deg E but when I moved the Dish to D2 @ 160 Deg E the NEW lnb was found around 1PM not what I was thinking at 9 to 3 for the arch when it should be. After this I remember the arch where the sats are in orbit so I think dead D1 @ 152 is the closest to be the highest or better still BRI Sat @ 150 Deg East is the Closest to North. ( PS it its True or Magnetic North, I have forgotten) Tell me do you think it should work because I put some effort on this but I say not enough I made aluminum brackets and paint them i'm not like the other that have string hold there LNB's up.

Photo Below shows the effort I did but this is not enough as I only want this to work on a SINGLE Satellite not two different satellites, I'm trying to get Ku Band services using our 2.3 M Prime Focus Dish using a Special LNB that is made to get Ku on a Prime Focus Dish.
    The two holes on the LEFT are for to hold the NEW brackets via the dish struts for the Original Feed Horn/LNB

This bracket allows me to move the NEW LNB side by side with the original CBand LNB or allows it to move out around 80-100 MM away from original CBand LNB. I even used Stainless steel bolts nuts and Washers but the Indians uses sticks yes even stick and they got it to work FFS.

Last edited by Mr 672A; 13-06-23 at 12:30 PM.

Thanks

It should work, need a front on picture to see if it is set correctly.

Are you using a meter or signal finder to look for the Ku signal? are you running the KU from its own cable? or into a diseq or 0/12 switch?
    Last edited by apsattv; 13-06-23 at 04:46 PM.

Thanks

If you have set the LNB skew for most of the linear polarity satellites on the arc on a motorised dish on Ku-Band you are going to be out of alignment on skew for 160E. This is due to the non standard skew used by Optus satellites.
    To get the skew to work for all linear polarity satellites on the arc including Optus you either need motorised skew or manually adjust the skew when you are on a satellite that has non standard skew.

The side car LNB should work if it is aligned correctly, it is not just Indians who use it, it is used by quite a few other enthusiasts.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by apsattv View Post
    It should work, need a front on picture to see if it is set correctly.

Are you using a meter or signal finder to look for the Ku signal? are you running the KU from its own cable? or into a diseq or 0/12 switch?
    Pity I did not take a Photo FRONT ON, only took a photo side on. I'm busy this weekend and next Tuesday have to go to Hospital for a another operation so I will need a few day of rest but after that I should be able to do it as long as I survive.

When I had the NEW LNB with brackets on the 2.3M dish I used a 4mtr RG6 cable directly plugged from the LNB to the GTMedia Finder 2. Since I was by myself I use the BUZZER to tell me the findings(thats all) I have found the strongest Transponder but this did not happen. I would have like to have a person sitting with the Finder 2 to tell me the signal BARS where going up and down but did not have that luxury for that. I dont know how fast the BUZZER works as this is the first time I used this meter. Maybe I will test it on a Frequency, have the buzzer on off a Satellite parked in between Satellites, then move the dish on a set frequency to the Satellite and see how long does it take to BUZZ. Once again a person siting there would be better looking at the meter. I could have had the meter on me but being on a 8 foot ladder I could have lost my balance then I will be in SHI.T.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The Pommie View Post
    If you have set the LNB skew for most of the linear polarity satellites on the arc on a motorised dish on Ku-Band you are going to be out of alignment on skew for 160E. This is due to the non standard skew used by Optus satellites.
    To get the skew to work for all linear polarity satellites on the arc including Optus you either need motorised skew or manually adjust the skew when you are on a satellite that has non standard skew.

The side car LNB should work if it is aligned correctly, it is not just Indians who use it, it is used by quite a few other enthusiasts.
    Pommie 869836 Said : or manually adjust the skew when you are on a satellite that has non standard skew. YES this is exactly what I want.
    Yes I know about non standard Skew used by Optus Satellites but the Trouble with this I skew it 360 Deg and still the Buzzer did not buzz but once again nobody was watching the Finder 2.

I cannot find any English speaking person on YOUTUBE that has done this. When I have time I will go back to YOUTUBE and search again. If it Works I must be doing something wrong.

• Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast