Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617

Thread: Life and times of a black hole

Thanks
    Thanked 3,229 Times in 1,451 Posts

I'm going with the big rip for the end of the universe.

But I had cause to think of what the anti universe looks like.
    Take the current universe and invert everything, what happens?

Matter is anti-matter ... not really that devastating if it is all the same kind in any universe.
    Positive and negative charges are reversed as are beam currents.
    Time runs backwards
    Gravity is a repulsive force
    Dark Energy is an attractive force, it shrinks spacetime.

Though I wonder if iron decays in the protons or if fission and fusion are reversed.
    Yes I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,414 Times in 2,517 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by trash View Post
    I'm going with the big rip for the end of the universe.

But I had cause to think of what the anti universe looks like.
    Take the current universe and invert everything, what happens?

Matter is anti-matter ... not really that devastating if it is all the same kind in any universe.
    Positive and negative charges are reversed as are beam currents.
    Time runs backwards
    Gravity is a repulsive force
    Dark Energy is an attractive force, it shrinks spacetime.

Though I wonder if iron decays in the protons or if fission and fusion are reversed.
    Aren't you following my crazy theory of a counter universe I have mentioned a couple of times somewhere on this forum where matter decelerates towards the speed of light and the two Universes meet at the 'Big Bang'?

To hell... lets give Tytower some food:
    Dark matter could be actually particles from this counter universe moving gracefully slower than 2C.
    2C being totally motionless in an inertial frame of that Universe relative to us.

Of course that is too fast to see them but their relativistic mass is only about twice as high as our comparable particles.
    Your repulsive gravity fits nicely too so we don't bump into them or they clump up in our Universe except maybe at a Black Hole, a possible connection between the two Universes.
    Maybe they somehow sneaked though at the Big Bang but maybe they are also leaking out of a Black Hole as they want to get the hell away from all that wrong gravity.

Enjoy
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 24-01-22 at 08:27 PM.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Fester View Post
    Aren't you following my crazy theory of a counter universe...
    Oh it hasn't escaped my attention. Just that it has a lot of pieces missing and a few conflicts.
    As do all crazy theories. But just because most of a theory is wrong doesn't mean that there isn't some piece of useful information to consider.
    Tachyons however have some very special problems so whenever they pop up, ya need to have bag full of explanations and exceptions.
    Their a fun idea, but one of the easiest to test. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof and the day that comes, if it comes, will be extraordinary.

Thanks

Sometimes the scientific world is just stupid .
    here they are looking at one black mass in a system with at least one other black mass that they are aware of and complaining because the stars around it in a plane is not where they think it should be .

For one they have no idea how many black masses might be involved in that system and indeed which is the predominant one as far as all the other stars in the system are concerned.

For two the two masses at least will be hurtling toward each other at speeds faster than light but they may be 1 light year apart or one thousand light years apart or much much more . How will they know?

The picture on my name plate is my mate Monty. He is telling me the cows are over that way boss.!
    Last edited by tytower; 28-02-22 at 04:26 PM.
    My Health , my Family and my Property are not Government business. Governments should do what they were designed to do . Govern the issues that are best done by a central body in the country to protect it from foreign invasion.State Governments and Local Councils should be abolished to stop the duplication and waste of funds.

To defeat corruption in the public service , give them three times the penalty. Have them agree on hiring.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tytower View Post
    That's right. Everything else is stupid because you don't understand something. Makes perfect sense.

here they are looking at one black mass in a system with at least one other black mass that they are aware of and complaining because the stars around it in a plane is not where they think it should be .
    How da fvck did you jump to that conclusion? I find it hard to believe you actually read the article let alone understood it Tytower?
    Confirmation of your hair brained thinking, this takes it to a new level.

For one they have no idea how many black masses might be involved in that system and indeed which is the predominant one as far as all the other stars in the system are concerned.
    I'll give you a clue Tytower. BINARY implies how many?
    Stars, these are Stellar mass black holes. The number is going to be very limited. Starting with binary black holes ejecting companion stars if they had any to begin with. At best you might find an outlier or a captured star in a large orbit much like Proxima Centauri orbiting the binary Alpha Centauri system.

For two the two masses at least will be hurtling toward each other at speeds faster than light but they may be 1 light year apart or one thousand light years apart or much much more . How will they know?
    Faster than the speed of light? You know how your bread gets those green spots on it after a few days? Throw it in the bin Tytower, don't eat it!

• The Following User Says Thank You to trash For This Useful Post:

RS0RS (26-03-22)

Thanks

Just going to grab a boon and do some sweeping ready for the big announcement today.
    Tytower hasn't been around for a while and the platform has a bit of dust on it.

The Event Horizon telescope project has something to say about Sagittarius A*. I'm not expecting anything dramatic, just confirmation about what we already know.
    But I am expecting some more batshit crazy statements to keep us entertained.

Thanks

I guess you have probably all seen this on TV but there are a few more images here .

By George I do believe thats light around it we are seeing . So its not all falling in huh!

What do you think the bright patches are?
    Why two on one and 3 on the other?
    Last edited by tytower; 13-05-22 at 09:01 AM.
    My Health , my Family and my Property are not Government business. Governments should do what they were designed to do . Govern the issues that are best done by a central body in the country to protect it from foreign invasion.State Governments and Local Councils should be abolished to stop the duplication and waste of funds.

To defeat corruption in the public service , give them three times the penalty. Have them agree on hiring.

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 3,338 Posts

They're not black holes, someone just pointed the telescope at the Donut King on Mars!
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

Thanks

You know lsemmens sometimes that really will be the case. There are some really crazy projections going on out there to encourage research grants . Pictures from anywhere will do .
    The crazy quantum stuff that will never get anywhere , The parallel universes absurdity . The other earth behind the sun. Anything at all that can stimulate the pockets of the " haves" Even Uncle Fester here has a pet theory.

All whacky stuff from people who cant keep their feet planted on the ground and believe what they see for themselves .Makes entertaining science fiction shows though.

Gravity is nothing but common sense . A small particle is attracted to a larger particle ad infinitum . There is no dark matter , products of brains looking for fame and not finding it.

Even I have one . When they continue further looking at particles by splitting them and naming new particles they will eventually conclude that the micro universe inside the atom is just a copy of the solar system as we now see it . Then inside of that will be another even smaller . It may even go the other way and the universe is but an atom in an even bigger universe?

Clearly though we are never going to know because of the massive or infinitesimal distances involved. And "wormholes " pushers and "time travellers" are simply fancifull fiction.

Here is one I came across but notice the 3 bright spots in the cloud! Some real physics going on there.

Last edited by tytower; 17-05-22 at 01:42 PM.

Thanks

There are some really crazy projections going on out there to encourage research grants
    What have I told you about drinking the bong water Tytower?
    What Tytower thinks and reality are two completely different things.

So I better mop up this mess so the readers know what is real and what is garbage.
    The crazy quantum stuff that will never get anywhere
    Quantum physics is real, it's applications are also real.

The parallel universes absurdity
    Not real, nobody researches these, they are just thought experiments.

The other earth behind the sun.
    Seriously Tytower? You know this was an 1960's movie and not science?

Anything at all that can stimulate the pockets of the " haves" Even Uncle Fester here has a pet theory.
    Conspiracy thinking. You're not just drinking the bong water, you're bathing in it aren't you?

There is no dark matter
    This one is science. Dark Matter is real. In such that the name Dark Matter is a placeholder for something we don't know about yet. What we do know is that something behaves like dark matter. That is it is made up of collision less particles which do not interact with the Strong or Weak nuclear forces or Electromagnetism. Only Gravity, which in itself makes for some interesting physics. Current evidence points to a particle with a mass of about 4GeV or a family of particles with that average mass. For comparison, ordinary matter, protons and neutrons have a mass about 1GeV.

... products of brains looking for fame and not finding it.
    And yet her you are.

Even I have one . When they continue further looking at particles by splitting them and naming new particles they will eventually conclude that the micro universe inside the atom is just a copy of the solar system as we now see it . Then inside of that will be another even smaller . It may even go the other way and the universe is but an atom in an even bigger universe?
    Oh you come up with some korkers Tytower, and this is an example of why the mental health system can probably help you with these bat shit crazy delusions.

[quote]... And "wormholes " pushers and "time travellers" are simply fancifull fiction. [/qupte]
    Well ya got that one right. But these are still valid mathematical thought experiments with real world questions.

Reality is that even when Tytower gets something right, it's by pure accident because he can't tell the difference between science and science fiction.
    The difference to him is who gets the money. If it's not him, then it's fiction.
    Reality with grants is NOTHING like what Tytower thinks or what even the readers might think he thinks.
    At the center of Tytower's universe, is Tytower and everything gravitates towards him.

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 3,338 Posts

Hang on, there is a Donut King on Mars, I read it on the internet so it must be true! Have a look at THIS:

Quote Originally Posted by lsemmens View Post
    They're not black holes, someone just pointed the telescope at the Donut King on Mars!

I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

Thanks

Come on Tytower, you're letting us down with your kooky ideas. I'm getting bored waiting for to hear what gems you come up with next.
    So I figure I'll kick the can down this road while I'm waiting and tease the tachyon believers with the superluminal jets. Even when something looks like it's traveling faster than light, it isn't

Thanks

I was listening to one of my regular podcasts and it amused me that they were talking about Tytower in it.
    So I felt I really had to share it because I know it is something that everybody will really like and some of you probably already listen to Dave Jones amp hour.
    Even Tytower is really going to like this one because he gets a mention and what science is doing wrong.

Thanks

Just labouring the point now .
    At the start of this thread people knew very little about black holes and now it seems they are everywhere around us, only 1600 years away if we go at the speed of light or if we "FALL" into it I hope it takes us a lot of time to speed up .

Anyway sickness has a hold on me so cheers and beers fellas , its been fun.

Thanks

Oh that's a shame Tytower.

Surely it doesn't take you more than a few minutes to think up some of that whacky shit and type it out for us?
    There are plenty of other cranks I love to read their shit and you're by far not the most bat shit crazy of them.
    But most of all I think some astronomers I work with are really going to miss hearing some of your crank ideas.
    I share some of your posts for shits and giggles over dinner or idle time. You're quite a comedian when it comes to cosmology.
    You had no idea that all this time that had you actually posted something credible, real scientists were always listening and just itching to take you seriously.
    Reality is, they still are. If you actually have anything sensible to say or even sensible to ask, I'll pass that onto them. People who are actually leading experts on black holes.
    Of course there is always the internet to complain to if you don't.

Thanks

So still hasn't got me yet . Wonder the benefits of Canabinoids !

Have you seen the latest pictures from the new webb telescope? Have a look at the last one , it blows my mind, and Biden's too apparently. Each one of those galaxies has a black mass at its center and there are probably a big percentage that have not yet pulled in space mass to the degree needed for visible ,infa red or ultra violet light to be created.

Last edited by tytower; 18-01-23 at 11:50 AM.

Thanks

Wonder the benefits of Canabinoids!
    And you all thought I was joking when I accused tytower of drinking the bong water.

Thanks

Something crossed my keyboard tonight. I was trying not to laugh as I was reading it but I thought Tytower would love to read an article written by a higher level crank.
    Too bad he can't see this post because I think he'll really like to read it.

• Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617