Page 1 of 17 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Life and times of a black hole

Thanks

Default Life and times of a black hole

Seems to have gone quiet here.

Looking at the picture of a pulsing neutrino star and its surrounding system
    I wondered if a black hole originally forms from space debris accumulating and then becoming a sun and then a solar system, gradually accumulating mass until it reached a point where the gravity exceeded the ability of light to escape, thence becoming a black hole that would continue on accumulating matter.

This could continue until some unknown point of mass at which a supernova occurs which blows the material outwards and compresses the center and at some point the mass stops moving away and starts falling back in to restart the whole thing over again. The process running over trillions of our years. Somewhat like a heartbeat.

is a very pretty real picture (enhanced) to print twice , stick back to back and hang from your childs bedroom ceiling . Bring out the science fiction/fact bug we all have.

Look Here ->
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,228 Times in 1,451 Posts

The phenomenom you describe sounds very much like a Type 1A supernova.

But you're a little off track. There isn't enough matarial in the proto-star system to cause this to happen.
    A Type 1A Supernova forms in Binary star systems. Where a white dwarf is the companion to a larger star. Matterial is sucked from the host giant star, when the mass of the white dwarf exceeds a certain point, it goes supernova and the result is a neutron star. (no such thing as a neutrino star).
    The unknown point of mass is known... it's called the Chandrasekhar limit.
    (I had to look up the correct spelling of the name because I can't even pronouce it properly).

But it doesn't oscillate ... once it's a neutron star, that is the end of the line !

These types of supernova do not produce black holes. There isn't enough energy/matter to form them.
    Black Holes require greater than 5 solar masess to fuel them... It's going to be hard to find that much matter just floating around in space near a neutron star. Matter pre-nova that wasn't fused into the core of the neutron star is now departing the star system at high velocity.

A nice picture of a galaxy. Is it just me, or does that galaxy have a wobble ?

Thanks

But it doesn't oscillate ... once it's a neutron star, that is the end of the line !
    These types of supernova do not produce black holes. There isn't enough energy/matter to form them.
    Well thats the thought I was following , perhaps they are black holes like all the others we have not yet seen for ourselves ,but in these cases the polar beams are aligned with us . The chances of this alignment to be visible to us would likely not be 1 in 10 .

I think all black holes might have these polar radio wave emmissions. On the mass side that was also the thought, that there being no other gravity source in the area, the ejected mass, starting with a gravitational force acting on it from the neutron star at the center of the explosion, would slow and fall back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiki
    Because neutron stars are very dense objects, the rotation period and thus the interval between observed pulses are very regular. For some pulsars, the regularity of pulsation is as precise as an . Pulsars are known to have planets orbiting them, as in the case of . Werner Becker of the said in 2006, "The theory of how pulsars emit their radiation is still in its infancy, even after nearly forty years of work.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by trash View Post
    Black Holes require greater than 5 solar masess to fuel them.
    I notice trash that
    mentions solar masses of 100 times our suns mass still emitting light. So is there any reference you know to a defined mass for gravity to stop the emmission of light?. At what point does a solar mass operate with enough gravity to stop light being emmitted.
    My Health , my Family and my Property are not Government business. Governments should do what they were designed to do . Govern the issues that are best done by a central body in the country to protect it from foreign invasion.State Governments and Local Councils should be abolished to stop the duplication and waste of funds.

To defeat corruption in the public service , give them three times the penalty. Have them agree on hiring.

Thanks

I would think that it has more to do with denisty than mass.

A lady with high heel shoes can put more pressure on a surface area that an army tank. While the lady would have a hard time walking on sand, the tank glides over it and has no fear of sinking under it's own weight.
    The tank has much more weight, but it also has much more volume making it less dense proportionally at the point where it contacts the ground.

Same is true on an atomic scale in stars.
    As atoms fuse together and release energy, the outward thermal pressure of energy created from fusion, acts against gravity trying to push more atoms together.
    Electrons and Protons become neutrons, or Protons undergo spontanious Positron emision and become neutrons. This may also be the decay of Helium-2 isotope instantious positron emission becomeing Hydrogon-2 isotope.

You'll notice that as you go up the periodic table of elements there is more neutrons than protons. In order to have isotopes heavier than Hydrogen, you need to be able to create more neutrons.

Eventually as we know, a star runs out of hydrogen, and helium and starts burning heavier isotopes to Carbon, and that's where the star is handed its marching orders. And it's definately the end of the line at Iron.
    Producing heavier isotopes (which does happen in relatively small quanitities) just sucks (thermal) energy from the star that would otherwise be used to support itself against gravity.

Anyhow, in a supernova, the process of forming neutrons appears to happen almost instantiously on a very large scale.
    Matter in the outter layers of the star can become fused in the shockwave and matter in the core is fused instantly to neutrons. It appears that down on the subatomic level, there is still some force which gives matter volume, even if it is just a big ball of neutrons.
    In a black hole however, it appears that gravity can crush space and time down at the planck level, and they cease to exist. Time and space just seem to end at the event horizon.

So Atoms fuse to form heavier atoms.
    Protons fuse to form neutrons
    Neutrons fuse to form..err.. nothing.

The larger stars though they are much heavier than our sun, they are proprtionally not much denser given their huge volumes.

Thanks

The creationist view makes all this so much easier to comprehend (if one is mostly brain-dead)....everything can be neatly wrapped in copious quantities of the densest material in the known universe - stupidity !

The(ir) answer ? .....GODDITIT !

Don't you reckon the lives of such creationists is so much simpler, with all those big naughty numbers and uncomfortable concepts conveniently dumped down the dunny ? hehe ' cretinists'

Sorry ....on with the discussion !

Thanks

In a black hole however, it appears that gravity can crush space and time down at the planck level, and they cease to exist. Time and space just seem to end at the event horizon.

So Atoms fuse to form heavier atoms.
    Protons fuse to form neutrons
    Neutrons fuse to form..err.. nothing.

The larger stars though they are much heavier than our sun, they are proprtionally not much denser given their huge volumes.
    Good stuff . Got to agree to disagree on the space and time bit and the "Neutrons fuse to form..err.. nothing."

Can't see this being the reality , just a gap in our understanding . Thanks for the breakdown though.

Umm on the "GODDIDIT" bit, he has a lot to answer for . The Spanish and the Jesuits did a disasterous destruction job on many cultures but the killing of Montezumo and the burning of their library was just mind dead action.
    My Health , my Family and my Property are not Government business. Governments should do what they were designed to do . Govern the issues that are best done by a central body in the country to protect it from foreign invasion.State Governments and Local Councils should be abolished to stop the duplication and waste of funds.

To defeat corruption in the public service , give them three times the penalty. Have them agree on hiring.

Thanks

yes, what a black hole actually is ... well I think the top minds are still debating it. It's mostly down to information theory. Does whatever fall into a black hole cease to exist or does the universe somehow still have a memory of what fell in.

I just see a black hole as the other edge of the universe. One edge is infinitely big and the other edge is infinitely small.

Maybe the universe is 3-Dimensionally flat and you can fall off that three dimensional universe !

Maybe the universe is 3-Dimensionally round and the universal horizon at 14 billion light years is like our 2 dimensional horizon on Earth.
    You can't fall off the edge and you can never get to the horizon. It is nothing but a personal perspective of observational limits.

Yeah, I got a can 'o whooparse for that god dude when I catch up with him.

Thanks

Picked up a mag to pass the time between jobs and it have a good article on the anatomy of black holes.

It just gets more confusing.
    It's not just matter being pulled in by the black hole, it's space and time itself. Like a never ending implosion, since time no longer exists in the black hole, any event is forever. Or so it might seem.

Back to another classic view of Black Holes. Light traveling outward cannot escape. Primary school childern are given a simple explination that light will be slowed down and then pulled back into into the event horizon. This is a newtonian view that we remember for simplicity.
    Reality is a little more brutal. For it's not Newtonian physics but the physics of Einstein and relativity that rules.
    We know that the speed of light is constant and even gravity effects travel at the speed of light. So how does one effect the other if it isn't possible for them to interact directly.
    Light can be thought to travel in a straight line through a single dimension.
    We can apply or create a single dimension with the combinations of the three space dimensions. While light travels along this straight dimension, gravity can bend it. Enough gravity can bend it till it loops in on itself.
    We can see now how the speed of light can be maintained without gravity directly having an effect on the photons themselves and yet still prevent those same photons from escaping.
    Gravity cannot prevent photons from the past or present from escaping, but it can prevent any future photons escaping.

The other thing to consider is the conservation of angular momentum.
    As matter is pulled down by gravity, it picks up kinetic energy. When combined with gravity and angular momentum it creates a centrifugal force which stops it from falling in.
    Material cannot just fall into the black hole, it has to lose energy in order to fall in. Some of this energy is lost through emitting energy. Matter heats up and it emits Infra Red, or light, UV or X-rays helping the matter's orbit decay.
    Matter picks up more and more velocity as it gets closer to the event horizon, approaching the speed of light. Matter itself starts to disintergrate into subatomic constituants as gravity rips it apart. Some more energy is lost and the remaining matter crosses the event horizon.
    "Crossing" the event horizon is probably not the correct way to think of it, but for simplicity we'll imagine space inside the event the horizon exists.
    The Black Hole itself should no be consider as an object or something that has volume. The singularity is nothing but a point in space (or subspace) which has a massive gravitational field.

We can consider matter whizzing around the black hole in the same way that an ice skater spins. As she draws he mass in, conservation of angular momentum makes her spin fast and faster. This is also happening in a black hole. But beyond the event horizon matter no longer needs to lose energy in order to decend. Space is bent enough that gravity can accellerate the matter without the need to pay 'up front' for the loss or gain in energy.

Back to our skater. Imagine she can pull her arms in so tight she spins faster and faster. She can change her body shape and make herself spin even faster and faster and faster. She can now reduce the volume of her mass to just a single atom diameter. Angular momentum is still being conserved, again the velocity of matter, single atoms spinning on their own axis at close to the speed of light. Their magnetic moment is massive. Even as the atoms of the skater rip apart like our black hole and continue to reduce their orbit to just the diameter of a neutrino or other even smaller subatomic particles. They spin at almost the speed of light, contain a huge amout of energy.

Though gravity bends space equally in only in 2 dimensions at any one time.
    We only see gravity as a singular dimensional force. Up and down.
    This is because matter is pulled along this line of force. It's effect on space is the opposite. It effects the other two spatial dimensions. The axis parrallel with gravity is not distorted directly by that gravitational field. Instead the other two dimensions of space themselves distorted pull the third dimension around and gravity eventually also grabs hold of it too.
    But "gravity only has two hands". It cannot pull on all three dimensions at the same time. There will always be one dimension that is parrallel with the gravity of the singularity.

The point comes where everything lines up. It's payback time for all that energy that should have been lost in angular momentum.
    The energy ejects the matter from the poles of the black hole as jets.

It's like our ice skater pulled her arms in so tight that the energy shoots her vertically off the rink and into the sky.

This is still a bit of a puzzle how this huge amount of angular momentum is converted into linear momentum.

I suspect the huge magnetic field may have something to do with it. I'm now wondering if magnetic fields are effected by gravity ?
    Is magnetism effected by gravity ?

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to trash For This Useful Post:

allover (19-05-13),Bibliophile (17-08-12)

Banned
    Thanks

=spam

Thanks

Default Black holes

I see the astronomers now are quite casually accepting that a black hole is at the center of all gallaxies and is the hidden power driving it .

The central bubble of stars I believe to be the new material which forms new stars shot out from the poles of that black hole which do not become visible until they pass the event horizon so we cannot see the polar ejections .

Have a look at this site -http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap110319.html
    Last edited by tytower; 23-03-11 at 07:57 AM.

Thanks

The jets aren't responsible for star formation. The material that is shot out from the poles doesn't come from within the black hole. It's matter which is, shall we say deflected by the magnetic field, to keep it simple. This material is also way too hot for star formation.
    Stars form from cold material. It might sound a little silly but if material is too hot, it doesn't have the ability to clump together (under the weak influence of gravity).

Star formation also doesn't occur more frequently around the galactic poles, if anything it's out in the dusty lanes. (The Galactic back streets). But generally star formation is relatively uniform across the galaxy.

If the jets are even the catalyst or the source, how do you propose new stars end up way out on the ends of the spiral arms ?

While it's commonly said that central black holes are the powerhouse of a galaxy, they're really more of an axle, or a gravitational anchor point. Our galactic black hole doesn't really influence our star system in any way other than a point which we and every other star orbits. Other stars have more of an influence on us and then there is dark matter (whatever this is - matter or not) which is out here with us, not down there with the black hole.
    Yes I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

Thanks

Gone all quiet here again

MIT found a massive star galaxy they want to study with the Hubble telescope.
    They predict gas jets eminating from a central black hole and it is 7 billion light years away from us

Here,s an extract
    As vast as the Milky Way may seem, our sprawling galaxy is but a speck next to the largest structures in the universe: galaxy clusters — collections of hundreds to thousands of galaxies bound together by gravity. At the heart of most galaxy clusters sit massive old galaxies, within which only a few new stars are born each year.

Now a multi-institution team led by MIT researchers has identified a galaxy cluster seven billion light-years away that dwarfs most known clusters, churning out a dazzling 740 new stars per year in the central galaxy. The galaxy cluster is among the most massive and most luminous in the universe. While scientists have formally catalogued the cluster by the name SPT-CLJ2344-4243, the MIT-led group has a more informal moniker: the Phoenix cluster, named after the constellation in which it resides.

An artist's impression of a galaxy at the center of the Phoenix Cluster.
    Image: NASA/CXC/M. Weiss

Michael McDonald, a Hubble Fellow in MIT’s Kavli Institute for Astrophysics and Space Research, says that aside from its mass and brightness, the Phoenix cluster bears another exceptional quality: While the cores of most galaxy clusters appear red, indicating that their stars are all very old, the galaxy in the core of the Phoenix cluster is bright blue — an indication that the surrounding gas is cooling at a rapid rate, generating ideal conditions for a massive starburst.

“Central galaxies have typically been referred to as ‘red and dead’ — just a bunch of old stars orbiting a massive black hole, and there’s nothing new happening,” McDonald says. “But the central galaxy in this cluster has somehow come to life, and is giving birth to prodigious numbers of new stars.”

McDonald and his colleagues publish their findings this week in Nature.

Looking for a cool core

The new galaxy cluster may shed new light on a decades-old astrophysical conundrum termed the “cooling flow problem.” Gas at the core of a cluster, spewed from nearby galaxies and supernova explosions, should naturally cool over time, forming a flow cold enough to condense and form new stars. However, scientists have been unable to identify any galaxy cluster that does, in fact, cool at the rates predicted.

One explanation, McDonald says, may be that a cluster’s natural cooling is somehow interrupted. He cites the Perseus cluster as an example: The black hole at the center of this cluster emits jets of particles that may act to reheat the core, preventing it from cooling completely.

“What’s interesting about the Phoenix cluster is that we see almost all the cooling that was predicted,” McDonald says. “It could be that this is earlier in the evolution where there’s nothing stopping it, so it cools and becomes a starburst … in fact, there are few things forming stars in the universe faster than this galaxy.”

Getting the complete view

The Phoenix cluster was first detected in 2010 by researchers using the South Pole Telescope, a 10-meter-wide telescope in Antarctica that scans huge patches of the sky for new galaxy clusters. McDonald and his colleagues recently used the space-based Chandra X-Ray Observatory to study the most massive clusters identified by the South Pole Telescope. Immediately, the Phoenix cluster stood out in the X-ray data as the brightest of the clusters — a finding that prompted McDonald to follow up with more observations of the cluster from more telescopes.

The team ultimately acquired images of the Phoenix cluster from 10 different telescopes in space and on the ground around the world. Each telescope observed the cluster at different wavelengths, illuminating different features of it.

“The central black hole is very bright in the X-ray, but the star formation is very bright in the optical and ultraviolet,” McDonald says. “So you need to work together with all these different telescopes to get a complete view.”

The team combined data from all 10 telescopes to determine the galaxy cluster’s mass and luminosity. To calculate the mass, the group first measured the cluster’s temperature, which was estimated by observing the cluster’s peak wavelength. McDonald explains that the wavelength at which an object peaks reveals information about its temperature — so the researchers identified the Phoenix cluster’s peak wavelength in the X-ray spectrum, then calculated its temperature.

From the cluster’s temperature, the group calculated its mass: The hotter a ball of gas, the greater its overall mass. The researchers found the Phoenix cluster is easily among the most massive clusters in the universe.

The group then looked for signs of star formation; new stars are particularly bright in the ultraviolet, and the researchers found that ultraviolet images taken of the cluster revealed hundreds of young stars in its core. The cluster’s extreme luminosity also indicated that it was cooling very rapidly, most likely providing the fuel for star formation.

Brian McNamara, a professor of astrophysics at the University of Waterloo, says the extreme starburst identified by the group may illustrate how the most massive primeval galaxies may have formed. He adds that the Phoenix cluster’s exceptional behavior may result from a faulty mechanism at its core.

“It shows cooling and star formation during a phase when the supermassive black hole lurking in the galaxy's nucleus seems to be asleep at the switch,” McNamara says. “But once the black hole gets going and begins to push the hot atmosphere aside, perhaps in another 100 million years or so, it should shut down cooling and reduce the star formation rate in a feedback process that is active in most galaxy clusters.”

McDonald hopes to access the Hubble Space Telescope to continue studying this massive galaxy cluster. “You’d see these fantastic blue filaments where stars are forming out of cooling streams,” McDonald says. “It should look quite remarkable, instead of our ground-based images which show a blob of blue light.”

As for the cluster’s seemingly anomalous cooling, McDonald guesses that perhaps the phenomenon is not as exceptional as it appears.

“It could be a timing thing, where 1 percent of the time you get this vigorous star formation and runaway cooling,” McDonald says. “It might be that every cluster we see goes through this phase, but it’s so short-
    Last edited by tytower; 17-08-12 at 09:31 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,166 Times in 389 Posts

Gone all quiet here again
    Maybe they have all been "sucked in".
    For most of my life, I lived a delusion

Thanks

Nah their heads are too big for that
    For most of my life, I lived a delusion
    Billy Thorpe/Aztecs fan I guess

Hey interesting video on
    A simulation of flying around the universe with good scientific grounding
    Last edited by tytower; 17-08-12 at 09:05 PM.

• The Following User Says Thank You to tytower For This Useful Post:

Bibliophile (18-08-12)

Thanks

I had tash ignored and did not read this . I have forgotten how to put him on my ignore list again but Ill get it done soon-done!
    What a load of self gratifying rubbish . The statements are just silly

Picked up a mag to pass the time between jobs and it have a good article on the anatomy of black holes. Oh well thats a good starting point

It just gets more confusing.
    It's not just matter being pulled in by the black hole, it's space and time itself. Like a never ending implosion, since time no longer exists in the black hole, any event is forever. Or so it might seem.
    Hmm where does time go ? is it hiding somewhere

Reality is a little more brutal. For it's not Newtonian physics but the physics of Einstein and relativity that rules. Brutality is einstein
    We know that the speed of light is constant and even gravity effects travel at the speed of light. So how does one effect the other if it isn't possible for them to interact directly.
    Dunno what this means ?
    Light can be thought to travel in a straight line through a single dimension. Dunno what this means ?
    We can apply or create a single dimension with the combinations of the three space dimensions. While light travels along this straight dimension, gravity can bend it. Enough gravity can bend it till it loops in on itself.
    We can see now how the speed of light can be maintained without gravity directly having an effect on the photons themselves and yet still prevent those same photons from escaping.
    Gravity cannot prevent photons from the past or present from escaping, but it can prevent any future photons escaping.
    What gobbledegook

The other thing to consider is the conservation of angular momentum.
    As matter is pulled down by gravity, it picks up kinetic energy. When combined with gravity and angular momentum it creates a centrifugal force which stops it from falling in. On earth a cannon ball falls back to earth when fired -matter will fall directly in,on mars it falls more slowly ,on the sun billions of tons fall along a magnetic flux line, on a black mass who knows . On the sun it is different isnt it. So on a black mass will it be different again ? No, I think it will just more closely follow the magnetic flux and the polar regions if they exist will be special and I think they will eject matter in a searchlight type beam

Material cannot just fall into the black hole, it has to lose energy in order to fall in. Some of this energy is lost through emitting energy. Matter heats up and it emits Infra Red, or light, UV or X-rays helping the matter's orbit decay.
    Matter picks up more and more velocity as it gets closer to the event horizon, approaching the speed of light. Matter itself starts to disintergrate into subatomic constituants as gravity rips it apart. Some more energy is lost and the remaining matter crosses the event horizon.To speak with such authority on a subject like this is just ridiculous-Who says this is so and what proof do they have? Look at the solar flares

"Crossing" the event horizon is probably not the correct way to think of it, but for simplicity we'll imagine space inside the event the horizon exists.
    The Black Hole itself should no be consider as an object or something that has volume. The singularity is nothing but a point in space (or subspace) which has a massive gravitational field.
    Man it is a massive lump of matter ,you dont fly through this , you dont fly round this ,you won't even see it if you get pulled in. You will just be squashed to less than a pin head

I can't be bothered to even laugh any more at all the airy fairy stuff they pull out to show you that they are supreme knowledgeable beings .

Just keep it simple because thats how the universe will pan out I reckon and there is more backing scientific fact coming in every day
    Last edited by tytower; 17-08-12 at 10:27 PM.

Thanks

Hi Tytower,
    It's nice to see you again. Did all the other forums ban you and discovered this was the only one left ?

I'm glad you've come back to keep me entertained. So lets see what intelligent stuff you've come up with this time.

Hmm where does time go ? is it hiding somewhere
    Have you looked under your seat ?

Where does it go ? This is a reference to three dimensions of Newtonian space.
    Since spacetime itself is collapsed the answer is simple. It goes nowhere.
    If time ceases to exist then it is not possible to move even in classical Newtonian space.
    No time, no space, no volume. No where !

Brutality is einstein
    Are you still working on that inferiority complex ?
    You really don't like Einstein do you ? It must be the crazy hair.
    But then again, I remember you also have a personal hatred of Stephen Hawking.
    He doesn't have crazy hair, so that can't be the reason.

So how does one effect the other if it isn't possible for them to interact directly.
    I don't know. I didn't say it wasn't possible for them to interact. Clearly from observation they do.
    You understand the question. If they both travel at the same velocity then this cannot be true.
    However, one might consider that gravity is a field and not like an electric field which can be turned on or off. Instead the source of gravity can be moved at relativistic velocity. Two neutron stars or black holes orbiting each other then modulate the field and produce gravity waves. But we're still waiting on results from gravity observatories.
    If gravity waves are not detected, then there may be something wrong with that model.
    Jury is still out on gravity waves.

What gobbledegook
    Ah, that's the kind of response I've come to expect from you tytower. If you don't understand something, then you attempt to ignore it or defame it with your superior intellect.

A cannon ball falls to earth when fired -matter will fall directly in
    The problem is you have no understanding of relativity tytower. In your own little universe things do as you will them. You're a god in your own mind.
    But in THIS universe you're a few chevrons short of divinity.

Objects don't fall directly in. They can't. The reason they can't is because both the body's have a relativistic position and velocity. What one body sees is not what the other sees.
    If you fire a cannon ball directly at the earth from 1 light year away, lets make it travel at the speed of light for the point of the exercise. The cannonball in one year arrives at the place where the earth was two years prior.

To speak with such authority on a subject like this is just ridiculous-Who says this is so and what proof do they have?
    The laws of thermodynamics ? Where have you been for the last 13 billion years ?
    You're really not from this universe are you tytower ?
    Are you a Dalek ?

My evidence for; tytower is a dalek.
    He appears not to be from this universe.
    He has rather limited and monotonic vocabulary.
    He has a huge superiority complex.
    And he wants to eliminate anybody who does not enjoy his vision of the universe.

Man it is a massive lump of matter ,you dont fly through this , you dont fly round this ,you won't even see it if you get pulled in. You will just be squashed to less than a pin head.
    It's not a massive lump of anything especially matter. A black hole is an infinitesimally small point in space. A singularity.
    The event horizon is the point where the gravitational field prevents matter and energy from escaping. It is correct to think of the space between the event horizon and the singularity as normal spacetime as long as you're looking outwards. The inward view is a little different.

I can't be bothered to even laugh any more at all the airy fairy stuff they pull out to show you that they are supreme knowledgeable beings
    This is nothing new from you tytower. You're not capable of understanding or debating the subject your raise. What you want is somebody to tell you that you're right. When you find somebody who does not agree with you then you resort to personal attacks.

This is what has got you banned from every other forum that you've ever been on.
    I'm amazed austech isn't one of them. One just has to google the words "tytower" and "banned" for hours of entertainment.

In the mean time I'll be here responding to posts and conducting rational debate, even with your posts. Everything I have said is open to question and debate. I answer all of your questions with straight and simple explanations. When you don't like what you hear, then you attack the author.

Even after your persistent attacks on me and others I'm still prepared to answer your questions like you had not said anything negative in the past.
    Last edited by trash; 17-08-12 at 11:01 PM.

• The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to trash For This Useful Post:

BillyGoat (18-08-12),Bluedog (24-08-12),Godzilla (09-09-12),weirdo (04-09-12)

Thanks

Something new to consider ... dark flow.

This is an interesting distortion in the universe.
    something big is pulling galaxies towards it even though dark energy is pulling them apart.
    Maybe a distortion in dark energy. Something new to ponder.

Thanks

finding black holes with equipment we have available. hmmm lets think about that.

F Graham Smith - ex jodrell bank professor and professor of radio astronomy at nuffield, manchester university says that there is a 3 degrees Kelvin background noise throughout the universe caused by dispersment of radiation seconds after the big bang.

this has been proven by many scientists independantly over many years.

so, lets look into this 3 degrees K floor and look for dips

dips in the floor could indicate a black hole. seems logical.

if the equipment with a noise floor that low were employed to search for dips, instead of peaks, from galactic sources then we could be onto something

member. Austech dog squad: if it can be fixed the dogs will sniff it out

Thanks

The problem is that this is not possible because black holes have a lot of very hot matter surrounding them. They glow, they're not black. They're only black in the sense that they do not emit a lot of visual light.

• Page 1 of 17 1234567891011 ... LastLast