Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415

Thread: Life and times of a black hole

Thanks
    Thanked 2,987 Times in 1,343 Posts

Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde of astronomy huh?
    Yeah, there is a small piece of information you're missing there that would make you giggle like Beavis and Butthead.

Quote Originally Posted by tytower View Post
    Well so some stars explode at a small size
    Right out of the gate wrong this week Tytower. Wrong before you even finished the first sentence.

and some combine to form much bigger objects called black masses or black holes.
    Oh and wrong again. Two errors in the first sentence. This is a new level of underachievement for you.

So lets start with: Small stars don't explode. At least not main sequence stars.
    For a white dwarf to explode it requires a companion star to provide it with material.
    Only large stars explode as supernovas. Smaller main sequence stars end their lives as white dwarfs.
    Of the large stars, those with <~20 solar masses end up as neutron stars. Those that are bigger can form stellar mass black holes or blow themselves completely apart and leave nothing. White dwarfs also do this in type1A supernova and blow themselves apart leaving no remnant..

[/B]When there is an abundance of smaller matter falling in and size increases gradually it seems a black mass can form . If the forces on a sun like object are too much it may explode spraying out matter in all directions ,some toward the black mass and some with enough force to escape the black mass.
    Ah, nope. If a white dwarf accretes matter and explodes, it leaves nothing. If a neutron star accretes matter and reaches the TOV limit, then yes it can collapse into a black hole. No explosion. A star like the sun. Nope Doesn't happen, can't accrete matter and even in the rear case of stellar mergers you end up with blue straggler stars, not black holes.

That ejected matter probably forms the new planets and suns in other systems and obviously there is a lot of matter out there
    Wow, you got something right for a change Tytower.

that will never show until it falls into a ball capable of becoming a sun. That then lights it up so we can see it .
    That used to be a reasonable assumption, but not anymore. We're quite capable of detecting and measuring matter that does not consist of stars.
    Neutral hydrogen ionised hydrogen, cold ionised hydrogen, helium and well "other stuff".

So my thoughts then were OK
    Tytower propels himself forward with a good pat on the back ignoring Newton's laws of motion

I don't think we are ever going to know!
    Are you using the royal "we"? Correction: You don't think Tytower is ever going to know.
    You almost got that one right.

So to wrap it up, nothing new here again.
    Yes I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

Thanks

Oh no, Tytower has me blocked, how is he ever going to get enjoyment from this new article.

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,635 Times in 2,068 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by trash View Post
    Oh no, Tytower has me blocked, how is he ever going to get enjoyment from this new article.

He has had you blocked since the first or second page of this thread.
    Didn't you notice that he doesn't respond to your posts since then?
    This era of thoughtless consumption must end so we can encourage a world of creative geniuses rather than consumer idiots.

Thanks

Oh I've known that. He stuck his fingers in his ears when I wouldn't confirm his hair brained theories.
    So I'm here to ensure that he doesn't pollute the minds of Austech readers. When he says something that might not be correct, I will correct it.
    I have no need to correct him if and when he does say something true. But is rather rare and almost a special event in this thread
    And you know that he unblocks me so that he can sneak a peek at what I've said. Of course the moment he confirms that nothing has changed and I'm on his case him like stink on shit he blocks me again. It must be nice not to have to deal with reality.

Of course, how can he resist articles like this one to feed his delusions?

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,635 Times in 2,068 Posts

OK, lets see

I see nothing wrong with this as the energy is sourced from the rearrangement of particles near the event horizon, not the black hole itself although it is responsible for their disruptions.

I don't quite get the negative energy bit though.
    Maybe Tytower could elaborate
    This era of thoughtless consumption must end so we can encourage a world of creative geniuses rather than consumer idiots.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Fester For This Useful Post:

hinekadon (16-02-21)

Thanks

Maybe Tytower could elaborate
    Oh you're a cruel man. I'm going to get some popcorn and see what he comes up with.

• The Following User Says Thank You to trash For This Useful Post:

hinekadon (16-02-21)

• Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415