Thread: help needed with dvd recorder pal &ntsc

Thanks

Default help needed with dvd recorder pal &ntsc

hey gents,

if anyone could help with this issue ive got mysat and those satellite channels on is8 are a mix of pal and ntsc. the satellite receiver is connected to the HDD/dvd recorder (dmr-e82h) then connected to the tv just incase i want to record something. when i change the channel on the satellite receiver to the ntsc channels like future tv or mbc i get black and white pictures but the other channels that are pal are fine. the dvd recorder has the option of changing either to pal or ntsc but not auto so if i change to ntsc then i cannot view the pal channels correctly. is there a way i could get around this and have all the channels come through without some in black and white.do i need a ntsc to pal converter connected between the satellite receiver and dvd recorder. if i plug the satellite receiver directly to the tv, the tv will auto switch and pictures are fine. i want to have all going to the dvd recoder then one output to the tv.

Look Here ->
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

I think your best solution is a new stb pvr. That way the ntsc/pal switching is done automatically.

The cheaper option would be to replace your current stb with one that will receive either pal/ntsc but the output is always pal.

Leroy
    XCRUISER HDSR600HD twin sat and terrestrial receiver $OOS *
    XCRUISER HDSR385 Avant - sold out$OOS UltraPlus DVB-T and DVB-S2 tuners $49 Remotes $OOS

Thanks

cheapest way out is grab an old video recorder as most had pal/ntsc input and then you could select the output then plug it into the dvd recorder.

had to this ages ago til i got my projector