Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clipsal Home Minder

Thanks

Default Clipsal Home Minder

I have been asked to commission a Clipsal Home Minder for monitoring (by an existing customer who has bought a new house).

Has anybody got a manual etc for these systems? It is hooked into the C-Bus for the house and I am not sure what else it controls.

I have spoken to the bloke who originally installed it and he claims that even if I can get a download from it (it has a serial port) that without the original numbers etc that I wont be able to change anything.

Al I want to change is the dialing functions for the alarm side and the pin no's.

Is this possible through the code pad without connecting via laptop ?

Clipsal no longer supports this as it has been superseded.

Thanks
    Andrew

Look Here ->
    Banned
    Thanks

youll need s/ware and lead mate, been 8 yrs since I touched one, soz

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Andrewpv01 View Post
    I have been asked to commission a Clipsal Home Minder for monitoring (by an existing customer who has bought a new house).

Has anybody got a manual etc for these systems? It is hooked into the C-Bus for the house and I am not sure what else it controls.

I have spoken to the bloke who originally installed it and he claims that even if I can get a download from it (it has a serial port) that without the original numbers etc that I wont be able to change anything.

Al I want to change is the dialing functions for the alarm side and the pin no's.

Is this possible through the code pad without connecting via laptop ?

Clipsal no longer supports this as it has been superseded.

Thanks
    Andrew
    Step 1 is to get a copy of the original ini file and as much paper work as you can get your hands on from the original install.
    Be carefull touching anything without the original ini file as you could render more than the security to a non working state. It proberbly contains lighting scenes under single buttons for goodbyes, welcomes and specific lighting modes. Bugger up that part and the client will loose their lighting functionality and it will then take you a considerable amount of time to reprogram from scratch after you work out all of the lighting loads, hardware and group addressing. Getting past the code into the ini file is the easy bit if you can get a copy of the original ini file.

Only one of the minders i service still is used for security and it has a slave dialler attached as they were more reliable than the clipsal dialler board.

You will find it is heaps more cost effective for the client and quicker just to remove the security from minder to a proper alarm panel for a couple of reasons being reliability and being able to service it. The single and main factor that you should also be aware of is that the minder does not conform to alarm standards and only works as well as the programming code that you write for it.
    The minders are also very savage on the backup sla battery. You will be lucky if the are not cooked up and split in 18 months.
    A word of warning, do not de power the minder without checking the lithium battery first as most are at the age now where they will not hold up the settings.
    Another thing to consider when playing with the minder is the c-bus is proberbly getting its clock pulse from the onboard sim module so dont disconect it as the lighting will cease to function. It was rare to see a pc interface left on site if a minder was being used.

Thanks

OK - It sounds like I will leave this alone. Lucky the tamper didn't activate when I opened the panel or I would have powered down and probably lost everything

If I can talk the owner into a new system hopefully I can reuse the cabling for the pir's and code pads as the house is a split level. Otherwise it will have to be wireless

Thanks for the help.

Andrew

Thanks

You should be able to connect using C-Bus toolkit and leech the C-Bus programming.
    If you are lucky, the original programmer has tagged everything so identifying GAs, scenes etc. can be easy.
    If not, there is software available from Clipsal you can use to "sniff" the network and deduce what GAs control what lights/scenes etc.
    Try the C-Bus forum.

Thanks

anybody have any luck turning up the s/ware for minder?
    woteva

Thanks

After the advise from here and elsewhere I didn't bother going any further with the panel (installed a Bosch 16+ instead),so maybe somebody else can help you.

Good luck

Andrew

Banned
    Thanks

Contact MMEM Electrical (Haymans), they will look after you.

We commissioned one to our cms with a wireless duress for the elderly customer for his wife.

Thanks

Wireless Duress?
    U mean Medi Pendant?

Thanks

I've been told the interface s/ware for minder MK1 is a scarce & no longer supported by Clipsal.
    woteva

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by keef82 View Post
    Wireless Duress?
    U mean Medi Pendant?
    Yes I meant a "wireless panic" button

Used as a duress- the zone is Flagged Medical from memory.

Thanks

Trouble is this minder MK1 panel is not responding to any inputs, & clipsal toolkit will not interface with it - so without the interface s/ware Im up shits creek!

Anybody got the s/ware & want to part with it??
    woteva

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by omega99 View Post
    Trouble is this minder MK1 panel is not responding to any inputs, & clipsal toolkit will not interface with it - so without the interface s/ware Im up shits creek!

Anybody got the s/ware & want to part with it??
    The toolkit software is not the correct software to talk to any minder mk 1 or mk 2. Toolkit is used to program C-Bus not minder.
    Do you have a copy of your original minder ini file for the site and any appropriate paperwork listing all of the devices, unit addressing and group addresses?

When you say that the mk1 is not respondind to inputs, do you mean the minder inputs or do you mean c-bus key inputs to fire scenes. More than likely due to the age of the mk1, the onboard lithium is flat and the last power outage would of lost the programming. By the way, the lithium on the mk1 is soldered to the pcb and on the mk2 it is replacable. You would need to change the lithium before attempting any programming or on the first blackout you will be back to square 1.

Thanks

yeah I noticed that about the battery, looks like I might have to upgrade them to a 5500paca controller - that way I can get toolkit to talk to the inputs & outputs
    woteva

Thanks

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but can someone please post the default password lines from the Minder .ini file?
    I have the software still installed on my old dinosaur laptop, but I dont have the installation files. I must have changed the password as I believe the default was 1111 ?
    Should be something like this.....

[Password]
    C1Description=Setup Password
    A1Password=FjSuCMmMn
    A1Description=Arm
    A2Password=CqIkEHbGb
    A2Description=Disarm
    A3Password=VpHmCDdQs
    A3Description=A/C On
    A4Password=VtPlLSdLp
    A4Description=A/C Off
    C1Password=DoPfCJdXh

Thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 5coobydoo View Post
    Sorry to bring up an old thread, but can someone please post the default password lines from the Minder .ini file?
    I have the software still installed on my old dinosaur laptop, but I dont have the installation files. I must have changed the password as I believe the default was 1111 ?
    Should be something like this.....

[Password]
    C1Description=Setup Password
    A1Password=FjSuCMmMn
    A1Description=Arm
    A2Password=CqIkEHbGb
    A2Description=Disarm
    A3Password=VpHmCDdQs
    A3Description=A/C On
    A4Password=VtPlLSdLp
    A4Description=A/C Off
    C1Password=DoPfCJdXh

Thanks
    5coobydoo, there is not a default password in the minder. It is what you originally set it to be when you installed and setup the minder software on your laptop.

If you change the C1 password in the ini file to this
    C1Password=DpUcCEdRg
    and then save it, then the setup password will be 1234 You can then use 1234 to enter into the configuration.
    Also looking at what you posted here in this ini file, i can tell you that you have used 1111 as your arm password and 2222 as your disarm password.

Once you get into the configuration you can then change the codes to whatever you want them to be. I have made myself a list containing about 40 different code combinations to check some common codes that might have been used by others in the past before i edit the ini file. Hope this info helps.

• The Following User Says Thank You to bss904 For This Useful Post:

5coobydoo (18-01-10)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bss904 View Post
    If you change the C1 password in the ini file to this
    C1Password=DpUcCEdRg
    and then save it, then the setup password will be 1234 You can then use 1234 to enter into the configuration.
    Also looking at what you posted here in this ini file, i can tell you that you have used 1111 as your arm password and 2222 as your disarm password.

Once you get into the configuration you can then change the codes to whatever you want them to be. I have made myself a list containing about 40 different code combinations to check some common codes that might have been used by others in the past before i edit the ini file. Hope this info helps.
    bss904 - Thank you! This worked great as I couldn't remember how to get into Configuration!

Just for anyone else, here are a few passwords - really easy to edit the .ini file and change.

1111 - UjBnCPmQu
    2222 - KqOcEGbXd
    3333 - DwRtGJmFs
    4444 - GhQiJHbHi
    1234 - As per bss904 above!

Just make sure there is no 'space' after these encrypted passwords.

Thanks

Hi Guys

Just joined and came across the post re Homeminder software. If you are still looking I have Homeminder V4.0.4 I can burn and send a copy if you wish

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by olvansta View Post
    Hi Guys

Just joined and came across the post re Homeminder software. If you are still looking I have Homeminder V4.0.4 I can burn and send a copy if you wish
    Hi olvansta, Thanks for your offer, but I have 3.0.2 and its good enough to let me in so I can convert this C-Bus logic to a PAC! I can't see myself supporting Minder's any more!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by olvansta View Post
    Hi Guys

can you send me copy please with password so my electrician can install

address,

Arnold Torelli
    138 Tempereley street
    Nicholls

ACT 2913

look forward to hering back from you,

regards

Arnold

• Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast