Thread: Bosch Solution 3000 ICON LCD Codepad / Keypad firmware v1.0.0 - keypad illumination

Thanks

Default Bosch Solution 3000 ICON LCD Codepad / Keypad firmware v1.0.0 - keypad keys backlight

Hello,

Does anyone know how to revert the Bosch Solution 3000 ICON LCD Codepad's firmware to v1.0? It's current version v1.01 disables the constant backlight on the keypad but I want that on so I need to revert it back to v1.0 somehow.
    You can tell what version of keypad you have by looking at the back of the keypad's box or by observing it's illumination state.

There doesn't appear to be an obvious programmable option. Please, does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks!
    Last edited by ShadowWolf; 08-02-24 at 12:43 AM.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Are you sure it's a keypad firmware issue? I don't think firmware in a keypad can be changed after keypad made.

Might be an alarm panel firmware option? Alarm panel firmware can be changed. Not sure about rolling back firmware.

Thanks

Yeah it's definitely a codepad firmware thing

I wish there was away to re-program the firmware using Alink Plus or some kind of computer software. I was hoping so anyway. I'd definitely revert this.
    Last edited by ShadowWolf; 08-02-24 at 09:59 AM.

Thanks

Just a follow up question though?

If there is a control panel firmware option for this, would it override whatever firmware the codepad has?

And if so, how would we change the firmware of the control panel?

Thanks

Not sure I follow what you are trying to achieve.

My understanding is the blue backlight will not stay on constantly no matter which firmware.
    The feature is regarding the LCD information stays on all the time or if the screen goes blank after 60secs.

Have you had a lower version keypad before or your keypad got replaced and screen now operates different?

Thanks

Read this:

Last edited by ShadowWolf; 11-02-24 at 12:22 AM.

Thanks

I did read your link before I posted last comment.

Thanks

If that's the case then:
    My understanding is the blue backlight will not stay on constantly no matter which firmware.
    You would understand that the firmware does matter because the article explains that they changed the firmware which is why the backlight and illumination settings are different.

The feature is regarding the LCD information stays on all the time or if the screen goes blank after 60secs.
    That's a different setting. That's regarding the LCD displaying it's information called Extinguish, not the backlight and illumination settings.

Have you had a lower version keypad before or your keypad got replaced and screen now operates different?
    What happened was I had a solution 880 for the last 12 years. I thought I did enough research into the 2000/3000 panels and required keypads. The keypads needed to be changed along with the panel it seems. When I was searching online, I was seeing codepads with a constant blue backlight on the keys like the solution 880 keypads had a constant green backlight on the keys instead. I didn't realise they made this change at all until after I got everything upgraded and with many online searches, phone calls to Bosch, etc.

Originally Bosch Tech Support told me that it was supposed to have a constant backlit, they even showed a picture of it like this:

This is the format I was after but my codepads didn't have it! After a lot of back and forth they then told me they were wrong. The currently manufactured codepad has firmware v1.01 which no longer has the backlight.

Now, it's difficult to see in the dark especially in the middle of the night and if you press a button to illuminate the keypad, it takes that button as input and if it's wrong it will not register your code at all and you have to do it again. It's happened a couple of times where I've had to, for some reason, enter my code in three times for it to disarm the system because it was not responding to my commands. This is because if you press a key for input, it will remember forever until you clear it but if you forget about it for hours, or if someone else did it for some reason, then you go to enter your code, it will just not respond to the command input after you press STAY or AWAY.

Their reasoning for this is that the blue light keeps people awake. I don't know how it would when you have the flap up but anyway, they say this is the reason, so now because we've had a few whinges that don't know how to keep the flap up at all, now no one can benefit of the dim backlight at night time. At least anyone with the new version that is.

So, I was trying to look for a way to revert the firmware back to v1.0. So far, I haven't been able to find out if I can or not. That's why I'm here to see if anyone has a magical way of doing it. Otherwise, I'll have to go hunting for a second hand codepad that has the old firmware.