Thread: FS.com Sent wrong tranciever and wants me to buy another one

Thanks

Default FS.com Sent wrong tranciever and wants me to buy another one

Hi All

I have checked my FS.com order for a HPE Transceiver and I ordered the correct one. Their support staff said the one i ordered should have a HP written at the top and the one they sent was H3 thats a different optical transceiver. They have put it to the account manager and she has said " i am sorry that YOU ORDERED THE WRONG PRODUCT. what you can do is buy another one and we will see if we can get an RMA approved then you will be refunded"

My counter offer to this was

Im sorry that YOU SENT THE WRONG PRODUCT. the H3C transceiver is a separate listing on your site that i did not order as clearly shown with my order number XXXXXXXX my counter offer is I can do a charge back on the card then we can discuss who is at fault and who pays who.

i know they are an american company but surely they have to play by australian consumer laws?

Look Here ->
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,957 Times in 1,523 Posts

No.... Chinese company actually..... and without seeing your order, this is polemical (not doubting your word, but it is what it is =) Yes, they have to follow AU consumer law.

• The Following User Says Thank You to wotnot For This Useful Post:

eaglem (27-02-24)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wotnot View Post
    No.... Chinese company actually..... and without seeing your order, this is polemical (not doubting your word, but it is what it is =) Yes, they have to follow AU consumer law.
    I had a phone hookup with them and it turns out all those transceivers are the same under the hood. they label them different for different applications but they are cross compatible
    The issue actually was the Cisco Switch i had ordered a month ago was supplied with network Module. I ordered it with the C3KX-NM-10G and the C3KX-NM-1G, yet another in a long line of ebay screw ups. this vendor made 2 actually he sent the unit standard postage rather than express I paid for so too bad i have already left feedback.

I contacted the seller and they immediately offered a $60 refund. I grabbed the one from the garage switch and put it into the house switch and it immediately got a link. so I guess i will be having to order a network module now.
    additionally i have found my HP card is not supported in redhat 8 or higher so i have had to order a newer one.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,957 Times in 1,523 Posts

With linux, hardware support is defined by kernel version, not by distro/release ....but having said that redhat are notorious for 'removing/retiring' what they determine to be 'legacy' hardware (by removing it from kernel/system makeup)...anything based on redhat (ie; centOS) are subject to the same flowon. This is exactly why I jumped for redhat to debian in 2007 ...the writing was on the wall, I wasn't the only one to jump ship. (last 'decent redhat release I tried was 6.92....when 7.0 came out, I was gone =)