Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More Woke Insanity

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,732 Times in 9,232 Posts

Default More Woke Insanity

Are we REALLY going to accept being led (and that's whats happening) by the nose? These new age f*ckwits will totally screw us all.....sigh!

The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

eaglem (28-02-24),wotnot (27-02-24)

Look Here ->
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,121 Times in 1,596 Posts

Bill & Ben, the flower pot men, will be next =)

....and don't get me started about Mr. Squiggle

• The Following User Says Thank You to wotnot For This Useful Post:

eaglem (28-02-24)

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,139 Times in 3,387 Posts

WALOS! Next we won't be able to tell our kids about the birds and the bees.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

• The Following User Says Thank You to lsemmens For This Useful Post:

eaglem (28-02-24)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,121 Times in 1,596 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lsemmens View Post
    WALOS! Next we won't be able to tell our kids about the birds and the bees.
    Oh, you don't need to worry about that anymore....

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wotnot For This Useful Post:

eaglem (28-02-24),enf (27-02-24)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,151 Times in 689 Posts

The movie got a PG rating due to the use of a derogatory term... Don't see what the big fuss is about. It just means that it is not recommended for viewing by kids under the age of 15 without guidance from parents. They can still go and watch it by themselves though. Same as any movie that has derogatory language in it..

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bob_m_54 For This Useful Post:

eaglem (28-02-24),Uncle Fester (01-03-24)

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Theres no fuss really. But if you can't see by instinct alone that a movie like this should not be in the recommended for guidance category, then there is nothing I could say that would alter your opinion.

All I see is more "protecting kids from the evils of people like the writers of Mary Poppins" whilst at the same time allowing unfettered access to social media platforms that display things like teen stabbings and bashings. Hypocracy wrote large.
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

eaglem (28-02-24),gulliver (28-02-24)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by enf View Post
    Theres no fuss really. But if you can't see by instinct alone that a movie like this should not be in the recommended for guidance category, then there is nothing I could say that would alter your opinion.
    I can see by "instinct alone" that it's probably a good idea for parents to explain to kids that certain racial terminology is considered to be derogatory, and probably shouldn't be used in polite conversation. Hence the PG

All I see is more "protecting kids from the evils of people like the writers of Mary Poppins" whilst at the same time allowing unfettered access to social media platforms that display things like teen stabbings and bashings. Hypocracy wrote large.
    It's not about protecting kids from anything, it's about education. And if you can't differentiate between the two, then nothing I can say will alter your opinion either..

They probably should be protected from Dick's shite impression of a Cockney accent though. But I don't think the amended rating is going to make much difference to the box office takings.

• The Following User Says Thank You to bob_m_54 For This Useful Post:

Uncle Fester (01-03-24)

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bob_m_54 View Post
    I can see by "instinct alone" that it's probably a good idea for parents to explain to kids that certain racial terminology is considered to be derogatory, and probably shouldn't be used in polite conversation. Hence the PG

It's not about protecting kids from anything, it's about education. And if you can't differentiate between the two, then nothing I can say will alter your opinion either..

They probably should be protected from Dick's shite impression of a Cockney accent though. But I don't think the amended rating is going to make much difference to the box office takings.

Hahaha..and who decides what your "certain racial terminology" that is BAD is? This is the problem....the woke will TELL you. They will also come up with woke rules that THEY determine everyone should follow.

Now that's ok I guess if you don't mind raising kids into a world where being told what to think is fine. We're practically there anyway, and it's looking better and better all the time isn't it? I read about the abilities of a growing number of our youth in all the papers every day, and increasingly it's not very pretty. In fact, it's becoming downright ugly.

Yep....warning kids about some teensy language used in Mary Poppins 50yrs? ago is gonna make all of us feel good. Well...some of us anyway.

• The Following User Says Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

eaglem (29-02-24)

Thanks

Hahaha..and who decides what your "certain racial terminology" that is BAD is? This is the problem....the woke will TELL you. They will also come up with woke rules that THEY determine everyone should follow.
    There's plenty of examples already of racial terms considered slurs, by the racial types they're directed at. That's who decodes.

Now that's ok I guess if you don't mind raising kids into a world where being told what to think is fine. We're practically there anyway, and it's looking better and better all the time isn't it? I read about the abilities of a growing number of our youth in all the papers every day, and increasingly it's not very pretty. In fact, it's becoming downright ugly.
    Can't see the relevance in this, nobody is being told what not to think, but hopefully they are being shown that how people sometimes spoke to and referred to others in the "olden days" is no longer acceptable.

Yep....warning kids about some teensy language used in Mary Poppins 50yrs? ago is gonna make all of us feel good. Well...some of us anyway.
    Yep again, not much to say about this, just more padding.. no content..

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,442 Times in 1,993 Posts

There's plenty of examples already of racial terms considered slurs, by the racial types they're directed at. That's who decodes.
    Can't see the relevance in this, nobody is being told what not to think, but hopefully they are being shown that how people sometimes spoke to and referred to others in the "olden days" is no longer acceptable.
    So isn’t telling someone something “is no longer acceptable” exactly them being told they can’t think that? And “acceptable” to who exactly, and being told by whom? The handwringing woke Looney Left, or are you going to tell me that it’s not acceptable to call them that?
    Cheers
    Ted (Al)

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Al Bundy For This Useful Post:

eaglem (29-02-24),enf (29-02-24),Jma (29-02-24)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Al Bundy View Post
    So isn’t telling someone something “is no longer acceptable” exactly them being told they can’t think that? And “acceptable” to who exactly, and being told by whom? The handwringing woke Looney Left, or are you going to tell me that it’s not acceptable to call them that?
    Of course it isn't telling them what to think, it's telling them that it's wrong to use racial slurs. The who, telling the whom, is the parent or guardian showing some guidance, as inferred by the Parental Guidance rating. I thought that was pretty bloody obvious. And as I previously said (albeit with the spelling error) it's the person the slur is directed at that determines whether or not it is an acceptable term..

I think some of you lot need a bit of PG...
    Last edited by bob_m_54; 01-03-24 at 06:04 AM.

Premium Member
    Thanks

I think some of you lot need a bit of PG...
    Why? Because we don’t happen to fall in to line with your woke leftist ideology? Typical reply, you can’t win with a logical argument so you attack those with an opposing view instead with ridicule and incredulity, you fit right in don’t you…
    Cheers
    Ted (Al)

• The Following User Says Thank You to Al Bundy For This Useful Post:

Jma (01-03-24)

Thanks

Why? Because we don’t happen to fall in to line with your woke leftist ideology? Typical reply, you can’t win with a logical argument so you attack those with an opposing view instead with ridicule and incredulity, you fit right in don’t you…
    haha, pot, kettle, black mate.... I gave you the logical reason (the bit you didn't bother quoting), you're the one that decided to attack, with absolutely no logical argument.. Incidentally, I don't conform to a "woke leftist ideology" I was just trying to give you a bit of ummmm... guidance... ;-)

Premium Member
    Thanks

haha, pot, kettle, black mate.... I gave you the logical reason (the bit you didn't bother quoting), you're the one that decided to attack, with absolutely no logical argument.. Incidentally, I don't conform to a "woke leftist ideology" I was just trying to give you a bit of ummmm... guidance... ;-)
    I rest my case.
    Cheers
    Ted (Al)

Jma (01-03-24)

Thanks

I rest my case.
    you don't have one

Premium Member
    Thanks

you don't have one
    Okay, if you say so, but may I suggest, “just for a bit of guidance”, go look up logical in the dictionary.
    Cheers
    Ted (Al)

Jma (01-03-24)

Premium Member
    Thanks

…and then look up fanatical, see if you can spot the difference.
    Cheers
    Ted (Al)

Jma (01-03-24)

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,446 Times in 2,539 Posts

Are we REALLY going to accept being led (and that's whats happening) by the nose? These new age f*ckwits will totally screw us all.....sigh!

I can NOT see how we will all be totally screwed when there is a governing body that would like to reduce the exposure of racism to very young children.
    You must have a very low bar of what you consider being totally screwed.

The people of UKRAINE are all totally screwed.
    The Palestinians are all totally screwed.
    And when(not if) Trump takes over the helm in 2025, Democracy as we have known it will be totally screwed.

...of course all your woke paranoia will then vanish when he will reverse past rulings and recommendations for human beings to be considerate to each other
    and allow everybody to insult and verbally abuse each other under his guise of ''Freedom of Speech".
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 01-03-24 at 11:29 AM.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Fester View Post
    I can NOT see how we will all be totally screwed when there is a governing body that would like to reduce the exposure of racism to very young children.
    You must have a very low bar of what you consider being totally screwed.
    Never said we were, I said we will be.

The people of UKRAINE are all totally screwed.
    Not yet. If the west give up on them they probably will be, although that's by no means certain.

The Palestinians are all totally screwed.
    Maybe, but they shouldn't have allowed hamas to dig tunnels and sneak into Israel to seize hostages and murder civilians in the most grotesque fashion. Still shudder at the stories.

And when(not if) Trump takes over the helm in 2025, Democracy as we have known it will be totally screwed.
    And you know this how? Omniscience? Of course it is a possibility, although your obsession with Trump borders on the TRULY paranoid and psychotic. I mean the guys a moron, but at least he MIGHT be able to stay awake.

...of course all your woke paranoia will then vanish when he will reverse past rulings and recommendations for human beings to be considerate to each other
    and allow everybody to insult and verbally abuse each other under his guise of ''Freedom of Speech".
    I just have observed how since this "wokeness" has become the fashion, these kids that you seem to think need saving have drifted into darkness at a faster rate than ever before. Human beings were FAR more considerate than they are now that woke intolerance and bigotry has gripped large parts of the world.

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,446 Times in 2,539 Posts

I just have observed how since this "wokeness" has become the fashion, these kids that you seem to think need saving have drifted into darkness at a faster rate than ever before. Human beings were FAR more considerate than they are now that woke intolerance and bigotry has gripped large parts of the world.
    There are some levels of "wokeness" that border on the level of ridiculousness but in this case I would like to share my experience with the term "Hottentots".
    I can't remember it even being used here since I have been back in Australia but it is very common in Germany and Holland.

It refers to a bunch of unintelligent people living in an in-orderly fashion, to say it politely.

When I was at UNI in Germany and I lived with other students in shared accomodation to save money, we were called Hottentots (Die Hottentotten) by the elderly generation.
    Several people living together in the same apartment or house who were not related to each other was seen by these conservative sorry souls as in-orderly.

The term Hotttentotten actually sounded funny to me back then, so I didn't take anything these ignorant old losers said seriously.
    Now that I belong to the elderly generation I feel somewhat compelled to do take these things seriously and not become a bad role model or be seen as a sorry old soul by our younger generations.
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 01-03-24 at 12:56 PM.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

• Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast