Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Cop on murder charges in protection

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    bazzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Ipswich, Queensland, Australia, Earth
    Age
    36
    Posts
    684
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked 176 Times in 107 Posts
    Rep Power
    268
    Reputation
    3465

    Default Cop on murder charges in protection

    Hi All

    I wanted to put it out there, I realize this opinion may not be popular but its something that bothers me a bit
    In relation to that police officer that murdered the gay couple in nsw. according to reports he has all but confessed to the murders, has been charged with murder and now is refuses to cooperate in locating the dead bodies,
    he is in custody and will be put into a protection prison because he is a cop.

    so what bothers me about this is the following

    1. He knew he was a police officer before the murders
    2. He would have known what happens to police when they end up in jail
    3. He went out and bought the utensils to carry out the murders prior to it happening. that tells me he went there with the intent to kill
    4. He made the conscious decision to carry out the murders given all the above.
    5. Being a police officer himself he should be held to a higher account of the law because their job is to uphold it

    So why should additional tax payers money be spent protecting this guy? I mean the same protections where not given to his victims.

    as far as i am concerned he should protected for as long as the police require him for conviction and once that is complete throw him in a standard prison.
    I don't feel murderers should be entitled to protection, to protect them from the same is a slap in the face to the victims and the victims family.

    In countries like America people like him would be executed, why should we protect his life?

    don't get me wrong we shouldn't introduce the death penalty back in Australia but if he gets killed by another criminal that's not execution and no different to murder in the public space.

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bazzy For This Useful Post:

    eaglem (28-02-24),william10 (29-02-24)



Look Here ->
  • #2
    Administrator
    mtv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    19,909
    Thanks
    7,519
    Thanked 15,074 Times in 6,765 Posts
    Rep Power
    5651
    Reputation
    239465

    Default

    No different to any other hi-profile prisoner.

    Don't worry, he'll receive sufficient grief in the system.
    Please consider Premium Membership. Without Premium Member contributions Austech cannot operate.

  • #3
    LSemmens
    lsemmens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Rural South OZ
    Posts
    10,611
    Thanks
    11,894
    Thanked 7,074 Times in 3,347 Posts
    Rep Power
    3160
    Reputation
    132852

    Default

    Agreed, however, until he is formally convicted by a court of law, regardless of admissions of guilt or innocence, a) he should not have been identified, b)he should be treated no differently to any other accused person. If, and WHEN, he is found guilty, all bets are off. You do the crime, you do the time! Given that he was a cop, he would be well aware of the penalty for his crimes and the likelihood of "retribution" by other inmates.

    As an aside, no person accused, should be identified until they are convicted. How many lives have been destroyed by an accusation that has, eventually found no wrongdoing on behalf of the accused. Sh*t sticks, especially in the case of kiddie fiddling. No matter if you are innocent or not, you are tarred and feathered before the courts can prove the kid was lying, or not. (NOTE: I am not condoning any sort of child molestation or those who do such - it is an illustration just to make the point!)
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

  • #4
    Premium Member
    wotnot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    Scenic Rim, SE Qld
    Posts
    3,273
    Thanks
    1,477
    Thanked 2,979 Times in 1,530 Posts
    Rep Power
    1372
    Reputation
    60449

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lsemmens View Post
    You do the crime, you do the time!
    ...and the tax-payers foot the bill.... last time I checked, it cost $162,000 to incarcerate 1 prison for 1 year....and there's some 40,000+ incarcerated per year....do the math =)




    ...geezuz, they've gone up.... but still cheap justice @ <$2 a pop =)

  • The Following User Says Thank You to wotnot For This Useful Post:

    Rick (27-02-24)

  • #5
    Senior Member
    bazzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Ipswich, Queensland, Australia, Earth
    Age
    36
    Posts
    684
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked 176 Times in 107 Posts
    Rep Power
    268
    Reputation
    3465

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lsemmens View Post
    Agreed, however, until he is formally convicted by a court of law, regardless of admissions of guilt or innocence, a) he should not have been identified, b)he should be treated no differently to any other accused person. If, and WHEN, he is found guilty, all bets are off. You do the crime, you do the time! Given that he was a cop, he would be well aware of the penalty for his crimes and the likelihood of "retribution" by other inmates.

    As an aside, no person accused, should be identified until they are convicted. How many lives have been destroyed by an accusation that has, eventually found no wrongdoing on behalf of the accused. Sh*t sticks, especially in the case of kiddie fiddling. No matter if you are innocent or not, you are tarred and feathered before the courts can prove the kid was lying, or not. (NOTE: I am not condoning any sort of child molestation or those who do such - it is an illustration just to make the point!)
    To be honest with you I only agree to a point.

    he has all but admitted he did it.
    had the motive to do it
    and was able to provide the information as to where they have now found the bodies. information that only the murderer would have.

    a conviction sanctioned by the court is only a formality at this point to ascertain the severity of his punishment eg how many life time sentences he gets.

    Guilt being proven by the courts are only a matter of record. Guilt starts at the action.

    for example if i went and shot someone i would be guilty from the moment the bullet penetrates their skin not from the time the courts deem it so. in that case if someone admits to the murders provides the location of the bodies etc, their guilt is clear and sealed.

  • #6
    Senior Member
    Reschs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Outside a few schooners
    Posts
    3,082
    Thanks
    914
    Thanked 2,149 Times in 1,059 Posts
    Rep Power
    934
    Reputation
    33278

    Default

    He cannot possibly be convicted.
    It's their fault that he was emotionally deprived and not responsible for his actions.

  • #7
    Super Moderator
    enf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Canberra
    Age
    70
    Posts
    17,794
    Thanks
    16,851
    Thanked 35,084 Times in 9,094 Posts
    Rep Power
    13729
    Reputation
    646889

    Default

    Dad kicked him down the stairs when he was a kid.....not his fault he's emotionally unstable...

    Anyway, he has given up, and given the information over and the police have the bodies...

    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

  • The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

    eaglem (09-03-24),red star (27-02-24)

  • #8
    Senior Member
    bazzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Ipswich, Queensland, Australia, Earth
    Age
    36
    Posts
    684
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked 176 Times in 107 Posts
    Rep Power
    268
    Reputation
    3465

    Default

    saw the 7:30 report interview with the police commissioner regarding the murders



    Apparently The cop that performed the alleged premeditated murders has been served a show cause notice that he has 21 days to respond before enforcement action is taken in other words termination of employment.
    in other words he is still employed as an officer receiving full pay during this period while remanded in custody.

    This is unbelievable, and no wonder the police have such a bad image.

  • The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bazzy For This Useful Post:

    eaglem (09-03-24),gulliver (01-03-24)

  • #9
    Super Moderator
    enf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Canberra
    Age
    70
    Posts
    17,794
    Thanks
    16,851
    Thanked 35,084 Times in 9,094 Posts
    Rep Power
    13729
    Reputation
    646889

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bazzy View Post
    saw the 7:30 report interview with the police commissioner regarding the murders



    Apparently The cop that performed the alleged premeditated murders has been served a show cause notice that he has 21 days to respond before enforcement action is taken in other words termination of employment.
    in other words he is still employed as an officer receiving full pay during this period while remanded in custody.

    This is unbelievable, and no wonder the police have such a bad image.
    I think the image of the average cop is fine! It seems to me that this particular problem is a police administration/police union/gevernment policy matter. The same as is happening in most other jurisdictions Australia wide.
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

  • The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

    eaglem (09-03-24),gulliver (01-03-24)

  • #10
    Premium Member
    wotnot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    Scenic Rim, SE Qld
    Posts
    3,273
    Thanks
    1,477
    Thanked 2,979 Times in 1,530 Posts
    Rep Power
    1372
    Reputation
    60449

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enf View Post
    It seems to me that this particular problem is a police administration/police union/gevernment policy matter. The same as is happening in most other jurisdictions Australia wide.
    Same thing happens at all levels.... it's called 'bureaucratic red-tape' =)

  • The Following User Says Thank You to wotnot For This Useful Post:

    gulliver (01-03-24)

  • #11
    LSemmens
    lsemmens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Rural South OZ
    Posts
    10,611
    Thanks
    11,894
    Thanked 7,074 Times in 3,347 Posts
    Rep Power
    3160
    Reputation
    132852

    Default

    NO argument there Bazzy, yes he had admitted it and has provided meaningful information to ensure a prosecution. He has abrogated his rites to privacy the moment he admitted the crime. Had he denied all knowledge then he should be afforded anonymity until found guilty. You get the idea, regardless of whether he actually did it or not.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

  • The Following User Says Thank You to lsemmens For This Useful Post:

    gulliver (01-03-24)

  • #12
    Senior Member
    bazzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Ipswich, Queensland, Australia, Earth
    Age
    36
    Posts
    684
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked 176 Times in 107 Posts
    Rep Power
    268
    Reputation
    3465

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enf View Post
    I think the image of the average cop is fine! It seems to me that this particular problem is a police administration/police union/gevernment policy matter. The same as is happening in most other jurisdictions Australia wide.
    I have heard that the Family had actually reported this cops escalating behavior (adding water to engine, tampering with fuel etc) to police for investigation and they where aware of this prior to the murder and took little to now action.

  • Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •