Thread: Chiq fridge noisy

Thanks

Default Chiq fridge noisy

I have a Chiq CNB432 bottom mount fridge about 3 year old
    I was working normally then the fan started to make a noise as if the blades were hitting something.
    Thing is when it first cuts in its normal but within 2 to 3 minutes it gets noisy and continues until it reaches temperature.
    The Chiq technician has been out 3 times now and since the last time it is even louder than before.
    It has a digital display on the front, is there a way to reset the mainboard or does just disconnecting from the PP do that
    ( I asked the tech if this was possible but he ignored me)
    I noticed while he had the back panel off the freezer compartment the evaporator had some ice on it "not solid" but quite a bit.
    Any Ideas would be great
    thanks

Look Here ->
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,074 Times in 6,765 Posts

Sounds like a mechanical issue with the fan.. IE, bearing or loose mount.

Possibly something else loose and the fan's vibration rattles it.

What does the tech do to fix it each visit?

My bet would be to replace the fan.
    Please consider Premium Membership. Without Premium Member contributions Austech cannot operate.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,987 Times in 1,532 Posts

Had similar thing happen here with a Heller fridge...problem was a blocked drainage tube (during defrost cycle, water trickles down tube to catch tray atop of compressor, where heat from the compressor eventually evaporates it). Water trapped behind a polystyrene foam fan duct would freeze, pushing that foam ducting into the fan once it got cold enough. Drainage tube always blocks (mold etc), so I drilled a hole to allow the water to drain internally into a container inside the fridge (which I empty when full to avoid a pool of water under crisper drawer).

Thanks

The fridge is still under warranty and he has replaced the fan, then he said the fan was hitting some loose wiring, next time he replaced the rubber fan mounts but it seems his expertise doesnt go much further. I was just looking for some suggestions I can pass on to him

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,987 Times in 1,532 Posts

How about... "Have you thought about another job?" =)

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wotnot For This Useful Post:

enf (04-04-24),gulliver (04-04-24),Uncle Fester (03-04-24)

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,421 Times in 2,522 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RedXT View Post
    I have a Chiq CNB432 bottom mount fridge about 3 year old
    I was working normally then the fan started to make a noise as if the blades were hitting something.
    Thing is when it first cuts in its normal but within 2 to 3 minutes it gets noisy and continues until it reaches temperature.
    The Chiq technician has been out 3 times now and since the last time it is even louder than before.
    It has a digital display on the front, is there a way to reset the mainboard or does just disconnecting from the PP do that
    ( I asked the tech if this was possible but he ignored me)
    I noticed while he had the back panel off the freezer compartment the evaporator had some ice on it "not solid" but quite a bit.
    Any Ideas would be great
    thanks
    Well if the tech didn't notice that then they should really look for a new job !
    That may be a faulty heater element, the wiring or connector for the heater or the mainboard is acting up, like you implied.

However a leaky seal or wrongly adjusted freezer door could lead to premature icing up of the evaporator for the fan blades to scrape on.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

• The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Fester For This Useful Post:

enf (04-04-24)