Thread: bosch solution 16 dtmf acknowledgement volte

Thanks

Default bosch solution 16 dtmf acknowledgement volte

hey guys

I have a 15 year old bosch solution 16 alarm.
    Whenever my home alarm goes off, it dials my mobile number, and I answer it and start hearing a melody.
    I used to acknowledge the alarm on my mobile by pressing the * button and it would stop dialling my mobile.
    I have noticed that now, since most mobiles don't revert to 3G for phone calls but instead use VoLTE,
    by pressing the * button it does not seem to register through to the alarm.
    Does anyone know how to fix this?
    Its obviously something how volte handles dtmf codes compared to 3G network.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fatslob2007 View Post
    hey guys

I have a 15 year old bosch solution 16 alarm.
    Whenever my home alarm goes off, it dials my mobile number, and I answer it and start hearing a melody.
    I used to acknowledge the alarm on my mobile by pressing the * button and it would stop dialling my mobile.
    I have noticed that now, since most mobiles don't revert to 3G for phone calls but instead use VoLTE,
    by pressing the * button it does not seem to register through to the alarm.
    Does anyone know how to fix this?
    Its obviously something how volte handles dtmf codes compared to 3G network.
    If you're in a metro area in Aus, chances are you don't have "POTS" service, just VoIP through your nbn. That could be the issue - no change could solve that, hence why the nbn changeover was accompanied by warnings about every alarm system.

Someone who has more experience might be able to recommend a 4G dialler that would support something similar while bypassing VoIP - does the Ness 4G thingy support that sort of thing?

Otherwise, you can probably try disabling things like WiFi calling or HD calling on your mobile - may not solve the issue but might be a good test case. In any case, you probably cannot trust a domestic PSTN dialler any more given these changes as your main source of monitoring. There are projects that can interface with your alarm's phoneline and convert things like Contact ID or whatever to email/SMS. YMMV however, especially if you DIY anything.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,603 Times in 1,951 Posts

ness/permaconn uses an app. you can remotely arm/disarm and get alarm/event notifications pushed via the app....

2 sites monitored including app access costs me around $250 a quarter, well worth it for the convenience.
    Last edited by hoe; 13-04-24 at 01:55 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by minitechie_94 View Post
    If you're in a metro area in Aus, chances are you don't have "POTS" service, just VoIP through your nbn. That could be the issue - no change could solve that, hence why the nbn changeover was accompanied by warnings about every alarm system.

Someone who has more experience might be able to recommend a 4G dialler that would support something similar while bypassing VoIP - does the Ness 4G thingy support that sort of thing?

Otherwise, you can probably try disabling things like WiFi calling or HD calling on your mobile - may not solve the issue but might be a good test case. In any case, you probably cannot trust a domestic PSTN dialler any more given these changes as your main source of monitoring. There are projects that can interface with your alarm's phoneline and convert things like Contact ID or whatever to email/SMS. YMMV however, especially if you DIY anything.
    yeah, see the alarm works ok via nbn voip...the issue is volte, it does not seem to send back dtmf codes back to the alarm correctly.
    because when you turn volte off and the phone switches to 3g, for phone calls the dtmf codes work.

Thanks

Cheapest option is to program the alarm to call your mobile only once, rather than multiple times. At least you know it has gone into alarm.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alarmman View Post
    Cheapest option is to program the alarm to call your mobile only once, rather than multiple times. At least you know it has gone into alarm.
    is that even possible? i could not see anything in the installation manual on how to configure it.
    all i can see is if you don't acknowledge the alarm by pressing * then it will ring / play a tune for 2 minutes or something

Thanks

Location 757: swinger shutdown count for dialler (if software version is 1.40). Set this to 1. If software version is 1.10 to 1.37, then location 662 instead (swinger shutdown count for siren and dialler).

Thanks

yeah those options don't exist on my alarm. anyway i've discovered the issue is with the telstra volte network, as the dtmf codes work ok on vodafone volte