Thread: Here come the DS Police !!

Thanks

Default Here come the DS Police !!

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Rofl.....

Thanks

I heard the AFP was tracking the number plates of those who drove cars too, cause they could be used to speed. What a lot of crap.
    What would you do if your server was stolen or failed beyond repair?
    http://www.2000cn.com.au/shadowprotect.html

Thanks
    Thanked 2,207 Times in 1,132 Posts

Quote from above link

"I can understand why parents use the pirated games. But as the owners of a small computer-related business I don't believe in cheating people of their rightful income," she said.

Well where are the Parents meant to get the stuff from Santa LOL
    When you do things right, people won't be sure that you have done anything at all

Thanks

Interesting article. Firstly the naming of R4 is an interesting one because Nintendo have been targetting this card for a while now (its the reason why there are no more updates for it), especially when its sales have been dropping (DSTT has been taking a bit).

Secondly the bit about parents. Like I said with the firewall thread "its always about the children", but really ....... I haven't seen that many DS with Flash cards in the hands of children. I've seen 5 people on the bus with R4-like cards and its obvious that they flash cards because of the TF slot. I actually freaked one guy out by said "Arghhh its good to be a pirate" when I got off the bus (unfortanetly I havent seen him since).

I'm guessing Nintendo paid a bit for that article. I'd expect it to be run in some other papers in the near future (with the names changed to protect the innocent).
    Coding in C is like sending a 3 year old to do groceries. You gotta tell them exactly what you want or you'll end up with a cupboard full of pop tarts and pancake mix.

Thanks

i like the google ads at the bottom
    r4s ect

Thanks

So does anyone know what the legallities are of buying/selling/owning R4 devices? There are afterall legitamate uses for these devices. Maybe it counts as "a device for circumventing copyright protection"?

Thanks

If it was classed as a circumvention device I think they would be banned from being imported into the country.
    What would you do if your server was stolen or failed beyond repair?
    http://www.2000cn.com.au/shadowprotect.html

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GavinSV View Post
    Maybe it counts as "a device for circumventing copyright protection"?
    Well I dont think they could count that because they run other programs such as moonshell, ebook readers and MP3 players on them. Actually looking at the front of my TTDS card packet thats all it states, doesn't say a thing about playing DS games.

The software on it maybe a "device for circumventing copy protection" but the card its self doesn't do that.
    Coding in C is like sending a 3 year old to do groceries. You gotta tell them exactly what you want or you'll end up with a cupboard full of pop tarts and pancake mix.

Thanks

Well that’s it. I’m hiding the DS, R4 and the kid under the bed. S##t my goldie is in the Humax as well. I’m sure to be a target for the AFP because of the three 1.2 meter dishes installed on my roof.
    I’m I the only paranoid person here

What a crock. Sounds like the spin doctors are busy before charismas

Thanks

people will say "oh its all about backups, my kids scratch them, BLAH BLAH BLAH" its not about that at all. It's about pirating games easily.

I'm so sick of the whingers bitching and moaning about backups., when backup = pirated disc = free.

Thanks

Actually the cards make the nintendo DS a far better product. MP4, MP3, wireless coms (VOIP). 3rd party software. Plenty of other things to do with the DS. Surprising really that Nintendo hasn't brought out a similar card but without the ability to play pirated games.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xray2 View Post
    Actually the cards make the nintendo DS a far better product. MP4, MP3, wireless coms (VOIP). 3rd party software. Plenty of other things to do with the DS. Surprising really that Nintendo hasn't brought out a similar card but without the ability to play pirated games.
    Nintendo do not want to support the homebrew community because all of the console companies make a lot of money though liscencing the hardware. The worst part is Nintendo control the manafacture of the cartridges selling them to companies making software for the DS, so there is no way they will support things like this.

Nintendo has done something to stop these cards, they have changed the hardware of the DS with the DSi so they prevent these cards working.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by roguefan99 View Post
    Nintendo do not want to support the homebrew community because all of the console companies make a lot of money though liscencing the hardware. The worst part is Nintendo control the manafacture of the cartridges selling them to companies making software for the DS, so there is no way they will support things like this.

Nintendo has done something to stop these cards, they have changed the hardware of the DS with the DSi so they prevent these cards working.
    For now. They will probably find a way around it.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,484 Times in 691 Posts

An AFP task force was monitoring online sales, with IP addresses of those selling illegal consumer electronic gear tracked. The AFP was also investigating sales of pirated goods on eBay.
    Surely selling electronics is not illegal, it's the pirated software loaded on afterwards that is. I think it's bulls**t. And if so, since when did we lose the right to privacy? Oh wait, the war on terror, better not buy carts for a DS don't want to end up in Guantanamo Bay now...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by intelliGEORGE View Post
    Surely selling electronics is not illegal, it's the pirated software loaded on afterwards that is. I think it's bulls**t. And if so, since when did we lose the right to privacy? Oh wait, the war on terror, better not buy carts for a DS don't want to end up in Guantanamo Bay now...

ahhhhh sheeeet - goodbye fellow ds ers

just got a few off deal extreme
    nice knowing you all

ninja f

Thanks

I have only used so-called "piracy" for one thing.

To evaluate whether a product is good enough to purchase or not.

For example:
    I can download all 11 seasons of M*A*S*H for free using my 8 megabit ADSL. However, I already know that MASH is a bloody good tv show and therefore I decided to buy the boxed set of DVDs. I have them now, I watch them, I put them back in their protective cases and into the boxed set box, and they are stored and displayed on my shelf.

I can also download the latest movie 3 hours after it is displayed in a cinema in asia somewhere. If the movie is crud, I will delete it. If it is good, I will go see it on the big screen at Hoyts Gold Pass, but 3x $9 beers and a $25 hamburger and I will enjoy the movie with the proper sound and atmosphere. If it is REALLY good, I can do both of the above, AND buy it on DVD when it comes out so that I can watch it at home any time I want, in full quality.

I can download 2,500 nintendo DS games online. I can fit approximately 30 onto a 1 gig microSD. If I had an 160 gig microSD (it will happen), I could have them all, plus 40,000 MP3 files, plus I can rip my MASH dvd set to MP4 and put it on there as well. Now assume that 2000 of the DS games are shit, 250 are girly games or games for a <10 year old, and of the 250 left, 200 of them are not in any kind of genre I'd want to play. That leaves me 50 games that I might play, and probably 10% of those I actually would play.

When I walk into The Games Wizards and see only 100 of the 2500 existing games, in the shop. I have a 0.0021% chance of finding the ONE game there that i'd be happy playing. If it's there at all.

To prove a point, I have 3 legitimate Xbox games to my name. But my all-time favourite is Rallysport Challenge 2. Do you think I can buy that game now, or even a sequel? The prequel is shit. I have played my 3 Xbox games once, ripped them to the hard drive along with 50 others but the point it, I do not play them, just 1 game and I cannot buy it.

People who sell copies ought to be strung up, but people who sell the doovers to allow backups to be played are lifesavers!

The real problem is Hollywood and game companies peddling crud en-masse. Once upon a time, back in the 1980's, you could actually buy a game that could get you involved to the point where you would want to finish it. Super Mario and Zelda ****ed that right up, there's too many offshoots and alternate storylines to keep anybody interested.

Thanks

Hey BG

I would have to agree that most of the 2500 ds games are crap - we purchased a couple of DS lites for the kids and 5 games for each - of that they played about 2 each and I played DK and the mini marios. So of the 10 3 were played extensively - the others........well rayman was found down between the back car seat and no one noticed it was gone. Nintendogs was a change to the norm - then came nintenponies, zoos, aliens - for gods sake even dolphins and then what ever they could get the kids to hassle their parents to buy.

The cost of digital media is the issue - Nintendo, microsoft, sony, Austar, foxtel - games, software music, telly - greed is the reason people choose piracy.

If they "The Companies" really wanted to stop piracy then the easiest thing would be to make the cost "real" - instead of investing the massive dollars into fraud / piracy - drop the cost to the consumer, and make the product value for money

f

Thanks

I'm getting a DS for my kid next week only because you can use a R4
    I'm not paying 60+ bucks for a game

Thanks

The police don't give a rats arse, I called them to let them know there is 5 kids on motorbikes racing up and down the street for the past 3 months, cops dont come, cops don't have the time, i'm sure the cops will rally together to hunt down a 8yo kid with a ds lite and leave the real criminals to kill, rape and rob people. NOT!

If it wasn't for the ability to get pirated games I wouldn't have bought the DS Lite for the wife. I paid $200 for the DS Lite, few extra for a few games. At least if the game is worth playing it's worth buying.

The only games I buy outright is pinball machines, at least you get something big in your hands, not like a 2cm x 2cm plastic square with a drop of silicon in it.

Who knows what the average console games collection is ? 5 games, 10 games, 50 ??, I only know one guy who bought over 50 games for his Xbox, he was so proud untill his house got broken in to and it was all stolen. I believe he is a devoted pirate now tho.

If you want to be a real criminal then kill someone, you do less time for it then digital media crime.