Thread: who is liable

Thanks

Default who is liable

Hi All

I have had recent need to replace my couch due to the current one being shredded by my border collie.

so i selected and ordered from the wonderfully greedy harvey norman.

now because that purchase was so expensive rather than making a few trips with the visa card to make payments I opted to pay by direct deposit. this was about a week ago. I received a receipt for the deposit that i did pay with the visa card however the bank transfer I only have confirmation from the bank they have sent the money.

The bank details where confirmed too. they sent it to me via email at my request then i called them back and read out the details and confirmed, basically triple checked the details.

I spoke to them today and asked about it and they are claiming they haven't received the payment.

So my question is who is liable here? I made the payment as per their payment instructions to the account they nominated. I then went above and beyond to confirm that account was correct and they said it was. so who has to take the loss in this case?
    If I provide a receipt that I made payment as outlined do they have to deliver the couches anyway or can they demand i pay another $3000? do i have to take them to court? or do i do a charge back on the deposit as goods not received and then count the money payed by bank deposit as a loss and leave a scathing review.

Look Here ->
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,169 Times in 6,807 Posts

If the bank account details are correct, then it's a bank transfer issue, nothing to do with HN other than they haven't received the payment.
    Please consider Premium Membership. Without Premium Member contributions Austech cannot operate.

Thanks

ok then who has to fix it? i have spoken to my bank and they have said it has gone through. or does that mean i have to just pay again?

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,139 Times in 3,387 Posts

HN might well have received the payment and have failed to credit it to the correct (customer) account. If you can show that it has been paid, correctly, to them, I'd be jumping up and down on them from great height and, possibly Consumer Affairs!
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

• The Following User Says Thank You to lsemmens For This Useful Post:

eaglem (13-06-24)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,133 Times in 582 Posts

Can’t help with the transfer unfortunately, but on a side note, I have generally found HN to be the opposite of ‘greedy’.

Not only do they price match - inclusive of online stores and sites, but generally they will take another 5-10% off the best competitors price just for calling them. Great for home appliances and tech stuff, and makes warranty issues easier than buying off an unknown websites.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by peteramjet View Post
    Can’t help with the transfer unfortunately, but on a side note, I have generally found HN to be the opposite of ‘greedy’.

Not only do they price match - inclusive of online stores and sites, but generally they will take another 5-10% off the best competitors price just for calling them. Great for home appliances and tech stuff, and makes warranty issues easier than buying off an unknown websites.
    I have never had a business credit my payment to someone else's order forcing me to have to chase them for it. furthermore it is MR norman that demanded the government to implement GST on international products resulting in GST being charged on exempt products. so i absolutely stand by my statement that they are greedy. your experience may be different and if that is the case then im happy for you. but every time i order my CGMs i take a direct hit to my pocket on GST that is not chargeable coming to about $200 per year as a direct result of that wanks lobbying all because he wanted to steer more traffic from online businesses to his store front rather than actually trying to be competitive so i absolutely stand by my statement that they are greedy. also as a direct result of their argument that store front is better i will absolutely hold my exceptions of them them to a higher standard to that i expect from online businesses, its as simple as that.

• The Following User Says Thank You to bazzy For This Useful Post:

shred (12-06-24)