Thread: Telstra Fiber

Thanks

Default Telstra Fiber

Has anyone noticed that telstra has been going around towns replacing all copper wire with fibre optic cabling, it wont affect me on the national roll out becasue i am on farm but the town where we get our mail from i recon has been totally converted to fibre and the town over also

Do you think this is telstras way of saying we can turn FTTN on overnight to the governement when they win the contract or is it sometnhig else

anyone else have any ideas
    become a premium member ---- DO IT NOW!!!!!!
    CFA Member District 9

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zeke.damien View Post
    Do you think this is telstras way of saying we can turn FTTN on overnight to the governement when they win the contract or is it sometnhig else
    I hope not, hanging out for my FTTP
    Last edited by nic55; 28-10-08 at 07:36 PM.

Thanks

Are you sure its fibre? I know some places in Adelaide has their copper put back down because it was falling apart, I assumed it was fibre but when the residents of the area asked they were told it was a copper upgrade.

LOL, Telstra already has the fibre down where I am but wont turn it on incase they would have to provide competition (to the Cable) access here.

I wouldn't expect too much to happen in the near future with this broadband rollout, then again I'm a pessimist because I fought for competition in my area and all Telstra did was layout Fibre optic cable to give us Bigpond access (3 years ago).
    Coding in C is like sending a 3 year old to do groceries. You gotta tell them exactly what you want or you'll end up with a cupboard full of pop tarts and pancake mix.

Thanks

ahhh yep well they ripped out a massive wad of copper cabling and it looked like from when i did my cisco training replaced it with fibre lol and as for telstra ehhhh who knows what they they are thinking.

ohhh well it was just an observation
    become a premium member ---- DO IT NOW!!!!!!
    CFA Member District 9

Thanks

We should all dread the day when they do have copper in your areas. They are extortionate to say the least. We are in a FTTP estate and we were paying $110 /month for 8Mbps broadband, shaped to 64Kbps at 12G combined up/download /month. No other ISP can provide your services (there's no copper line). Phone can be provided by some other telcos, but you end up paying the same anyway. VoIP is not an option due to the limited downloads. The ONLY benefit is for those who solely use the Bigpond content because it doesn't count to your quota. I'm now on pre-paid dial-up internet because it's much cheaper and more reliable. For the first 10 months, Bigpond support could only suggest resetting my modem whenever the net failed.... there is no modem.