Thread: AWA compact DVB overheating ?

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

Default AWA compact DVB overheating ?

I have an AWA 'Compact and Portable DVB-T stb' U06-C0365 bought from Woolworths (only the best gear here) last year but its been packed away for several months but since I relocated the antenna just recently I hooked it back up to see how it responded and it seemed to pick up ok.
    However after running for awhile it abruptly shut down for several seconds then restarted.
    This off/on kept happening after each few minutes of running.
    The unit itself wasnt covered or near a heat source but the aluminium outer case was fairly warm.
    The case isnt ventilated so I slid the board out of the case and placed it so free air could circulate but it still switched on/off as before.
    Now I didnt check the plug pack so it could be at fault.
    I looked at the Caps but none seem to show heat stress marks as I have seen on a Humax satelitte receiver power supply.
    Has anyone with one of these had any or similair problems I would appreciate to hear from them.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Most units run warm so i doubt that its overheating , i reckon the power supply is faulty.

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

CrYpto, I gave it to my son to put on his TV and asked him to tell me if it played up but so far he said it has worked well but he did remark if it was bumped it flickered but that could be just a bad connection.
    Its a bit like calling out someone to fix something and when they arrive the damn thing works better than it ever did.