Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wireless Remote with Sol 16plus

Thanks

Default Wireless Remote with Sol 16plus

Hi Guys

I`m looking at installing a Solution 16plus. I want to be able to arm/disarm and operate 2 garage doors with a wireless remote. Does bosch sell a transmiter/reciever that can do this.

thanks

rst

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Yes it does, no problems

Thanks

Yes it does, no problems.

Does that mean bosch sell a transmitter/reciever that will do this.Has the remote got 4 buttons. Do you know the part number.

thanks

Thanks

You will need the RF3334E remote. 4 button

and RF3212E reciever.

The two middle buttons can be used to open the two doors. The other buttons is alarm armed and alarm disarmed. You will not be able to use the stay mode arming from the remote as this button will need to be used for one of the doors.

The 16 plus board only has one relay to operate one door so may need a relay card as well or a separate relay to operate from a spare output on the board.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by secure View Post

and RF3212E reciever.
    The E stands for ENHANCED, 433 mhz, not 304 MHZ,

just for reference.

Thanks

thanks for the help guys

Thanks

and RF3212E reciever.

The two middle buttons can be used to open the two doors. The other buttons is alarm armed and alarm disarmed. You will not be able to use the stay mode arming from the remote as this button will need to be used for one of the doors.

The 16 plus board only has one relay to operate one door so may need a relay card as well or a separate relay to operate from a spare output on the board.
    I just finished installing the alarm and need to connect the two garage doors. You said the 16plus has one relay to operate one door. I have screamers connected to the n/o contact of the relay leaving the n/c contacts. I would need n/o contacts to control the door?
    To control a second door you said to use a spare output. Could i use output 3 which has a smoke alarm on it in the install manual.

thanks

Banned
    Thanks

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by rst View Post
    I just finished installing the alarm and need to connect the two garage doors. You said the 16plus has one relay to operate one door. I have screamers connected to the n/o contact of the relay leaving the n/c contacts. I would need n/o contacts to control the door?
    To control a second door you said to use a spare output. Could i use output 3 which has a smoke alarm on it in the install manual.

thanks
    If your not using smoke detectors then reprogram that o/p as required in the o/p programming list and use it. You can free up a second o/p by wiring the piezo onto the strobe o/p

Thanks

I have a feeling you are best to use the o/p to drive an external relay, which then fires the roller doors, the o/p's go to ground dont they ?

I dont know, i use the NX series, use the open collectors to fire a relay preso door fires

Thanks

thanks
    If you don't want to add a relay card I suggest doing the following

Change the ext siren from a horn speaker to a 12 volt siren.
    Then the 12 volt siren for the ext and the Internal 12 volt peizo can go together on Output 1 with a 3k3 resistor in parallel to stop the faint leakage voltage from the output.
    Output 1 will need to be reprogrammed from horn speaker (36)to Internal Siren (37) and change the output polarity from 14 to 6
    Keep Output 2 as strobe only
    Change Output 3 from smoke, 49 to 53 and set the output as required. You will need to connect a slave relay to this output as it will give out 12 volts to relay coil then use N/O contacts on slave relay for door 1
    Use output 4 N/O contact for door 2 and change from Internal 37 to 54 and set output as required.

If you have smoke detectors for this install make sure they a non latching type. Then you can power them from the accessory power.

Thanks

thanks for the replies guys.

I would prefer not to change horn speaker to siren.
    I have 3 piezos so connecting them with strobe on output 2 would draw approx 650mA and max is 500mA on each output.
    I can use output 3 for one door with a relay. Can i use output 2 with a relay for the piezos and strobe. This would leave me with the on board relay for the second door.

Any idea how much a relay card costs.

thanks

• The Following User Says Thank You to rst For This Useful Post:

NISMO9 (09-09-12)

Banned
    Thanks

That is what I suggested

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by watchdog View Post
    That is what I suggested
    OK thanks watchdog. I just need to clear it up. So will it work without any problems connecting 3 piezos and the strobe to output 2 via a relay. where would i get the 12v supply from for the piezos and strobe? directly from the batt.

thanks

Thanks

OK thanks watchdog. I just need to clear it up. So will it work without any problems connecting 3 piezos and the strobe to output 2 via a relay. where would i get the 12v supply from for the piezos and strobe? directly from the batt.

thanks
    What time a you going to put on output 2? Strobe output normally latches to disarm or say 48 hours and siren run time is normally 5 mins.

So either your strobe time will be short on the Internal sirens will be going for a long time. Your choice
    That was why I suggested change outside siren to 12 volt. But I didn't realise you have 3 piezos. The outputs a rated at 500mA.

If you plan to use the strobe flash on arming with the remotes this will also sound the internals as well if on the same output.

Banned
    Thanks

Cool

What time a you going to put on output 2? Strobe output normally latches to disarm or say 48 hours and siren run time is normally 5 mins.

So either your strobe time will be short on the Internal sirens will be going for a long time. Your choice
    That was why I suggested change outside siren to 12 volt. But I didn't realise you have 3 piezos. The outputs a rated at 500mA.

If you plan to use the strobe flash on arming with the remotes this will also sound the internals as well if on the same output.
    So what - the peizos will be barley audible from outside anyway.These methods are a compromise to enable a result to be achieved that is all.

Thanks

I didn`t think about that secure. Might be easier to replace the external to a siren or get a relay card.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by watchdog View Post
    So what - the peizos will be barley audible from outside anyway.These methods are a compromise to enable a result to be achieved that is all.
    I can see the complaint from the neighbour already "while you were overseas your alarm was sounding for two weeks so I smashed a window and put a screwdriver through all your screamers!!!"

Moral of the story screamers should NEVER be wired to strobe output.

Banned
    Thanks

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by rotor138 View Post
    I can see the complaint from the neighbour already "while you were overseas your alarm was sounding for two weeks so I smashed a window and put a screwdriver through all your screamers!!!"

Moral of the story screamers should NEVER be wired to strobe output.
    As said before the piezos will be barely audible from outside , they will reset after 8 hrs or you can shorten it in programming. IT IS A COMPROMISE !

Thanks

Wow, i would never put a strobe on a piezeo / siren output..
    They are heaps audible from outside..
    get a relay card, or leave the garage doors on a seperate remote

Banned
    Thanks

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by keef82 View Post
    They are heaps audible from outside..
    They are barely audible from outside. I'll have to seriously reconsider giving you that Sol 40 for your birthday keef

• Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast