Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Are Sellers And Gammas The Same?

Thanks

the hardware can be exactly the same for both its just the software that has been loaded differently or with different parameters
    its the same as loading xp on a computer and then loading linux
    2 different operating systems but the same computer
    so they are more than likely the same cards
    but what the **** would i know
    the only difference in the real world is linux and xp were created by 2 different companies
    not the gamma team

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aaeon.1 View Post
    the hardware can be exactly the same for both its just the software that has been loaded differently or with different parameters
    its the same as loading xp on a computer and then loading linux
    2 different operating systems but the same computer
    so they are more than likely the same cards
    but what the **** would i know
    the only difference in the real world is linux and xp were created by 2 different companies
    not the gamma team
    i have used the same analogy in trying to explain it to people but it seems they fail to understand it so now i just say nothing and just read

Thanks

so one more time for the dummies...

you guys are saying that the "home-made gamma" cards that died earlier this year are physically the same as the sellers' cards, just the o/s and files are different :0

Thanks
    Thanked 7,203 Times in 3,649 Posts

Yes thats what it could boil down to.

Just the os and files to match each other.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post
    so one more time for the dummies...

you guys are saying that the "home-made gamma" cards that died earlier this year are physically the same as the sellers' cards, just the o/s and files are different :0
    This is exactly what few members here were trying to say for long time, but the message didn't go through for some reason.
    The fact that just os is different is enough to secure the whole sellers' bussiness. In fact once you have the os (I mean source code) it doesn't matter which card you will use it with. It's a matter of changing environment parameters and compiling for different chip.
    So really in my mind all speculations around hardware being the same for sellers and old gamma cards will not help people to salvage their gamma card investment without the hidden OS source code.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,207 Times in 1,132 Posts

So fromaron what your trying to say is that the Gamma card is the sellers card or it's not ????

LOL Just joking
    When you do things right, people won't be sure that you have done anything at all

Thanks

if that's all well and true, which I assume what's the real na of this mystery card, obviosly not gamma cause there not from the gammateam

Thanks

I disagree with the theory that any card would work, I believe the atmel cards are the only cards with RNG (Random Number Generator), the AT series have almost the same specs, so it wouldn't be the hardware.
    I'm more inclined to believe that the OS ( source code) is different, I used the HL2 loader on a virgin public gamma with OS 1.04, and it worked, but could not clean it or load it with any other file, I used a gam file, and a OS bin file which I grabbed of the net.
    the only reason we can't use the old gamma cards is because they are loaded with the wrong OS, I haven't figured out a way to reset it, but even if I could reset the card, I would need a loader to install an OS, after reading info on euro sites, cas3 studio keeps coming up, but their OS does not work with ours.

There is a chip 44 pin IC which is an at90sc, for around $20, I'm trying to get one to create a board, and experiment with it.

Anyway that's my 2 bit.

Thanks

I've said it before and I'll repeat it again:

The original public gamma (1.02->1.04) don't look like atmel chips.

ag
    Energy is the father of creation

Thanks

a member on this site before the site crash at the start of this year claims..
    That his Gamma 1.04 givin to a seller maked with a UV pen was updated to the famous "sellers" gamma card.
    now , does anyone know any of the details from that thead?

Thanks

i have done research in the past and am pretty sure (95%) the sellers card is an 7272c atmel. The difference is all in the OS....The sellers make money because of the OS, unlike with the goldie back in the days with everyone able to copy it, no one can copy the OS onto another card, so u can buy a blank but its no use because it wont have the Sellers OS which makes it a sellers card and without that OS you cant load the bin files and get em to work.......
    This time round with the whiteys all the right ppl made sure the OS couldnt be copied and they done a bloody good job....after all the name says it all - SELLER, as in sell and make money lol

- Think of it this way u have 2 new state of the art computers.

-you have a copy of microsoft word u want to install onto both.

-one computer has windows xp installed on it and u install and use word no probs.

-the other has nothing installed on it so trying to install word on it will be useless and wont even run.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ^ AcE ^ View Post
    i have done research in the past and am pretty sure (95%) the sellers card is an 7272c atmel.
    Exactly what research have you done and how can you be 95% sure they are Atmels?

And while we're at it, Atmels run at 5v, yet all gammas overheat unless they run at 3v, so why exactly does this occur?

ag

Thanks

Agarol tell me this. Why if you lock your sellers card do you wind up with an ATR: 3B B2 11 00 10 80 00 02 which is AT88SC0204C. (ATMEL). Over heating probably to do with the amount of data card is trying to process.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by agarol View Post
    Exactly what research have you done and how can you be 95% sure they are Atmels?

And while we're at it, Atmels run at 5v, yet all gammas overheat unless they run at 3v, so why exactly does this occur?

ag
    That is not always the case.

I can quote you an example where it is running at 5 volts for months and is cool to touch....in a Jaycar MKII running at exactly 6mhz...

I have heard that it is the clock speed, which is consistent with the fact that the cards don't work in dreamboxes and their crude, innacurate clocks.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra1 View Post
    Agarol tell me this. Why if you lock your sellers card do you wind up with an ATR: 3B B2 11 00 10 80 00 02 which is AT88SC0204C. (ATMEL). Over heating probably to do with the amount of data card is trying to process.
    The source code which has been floating around for many months has code in it to do exactly this - ie provide an atmel secure memory card ATR. The code seems to be written for a Motorola MCORE chip which strangely uses 3v. Maybe coincidence, maybe not.

Finally, decapping an old public gamma card reveals a chip which appears not to be an AT90SC.

The question that remains unanswered is whether the public and sellers cards use the same chip. Some people say that it is possible to reprogram them, but the evidence is unconvincing.

And as far as the overheating goes, this may be due to the clock frequency as well as the amount of data being processed, but then again, the original gammas overheated long before the current flood of EMMs was used.

ag

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by z80 View Post

I can quote you an example where it is running at 5 volts for months and is cool to touch....in a Jaycar MKII running at exactly 6mhz...

I have heard that it is the clock speed, which is consistent with the fact that the cards don't work in dreamboxes and their crude, innacurate clocks.
    Point taken. I should have said many rather than all. But the fact remains that many DO overheat to the point of toasting the plastic, and the reason remains obscure.

ag

Thanks

Hey Agarol
    Have you decapped a blank AT907272c as there would be a few of these around that would of had failed OS loaded.
    Even i might have one myself laying around.
    Cheers
    Blade

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by z80 View Post

I have been thinking about this issue again. The only logical conclusion is that different white cards have different processors. I have obtained several public gammas, and they are different to the extent that they have different contact patterns.

It is quite possible that the original gammas used different microprocessor than later ones. The early 1.02 gammas may be different from the later 1.04. Given that there was never any software to update beyond 1.04, there is no reason that different chips couldn't be used, and this could explain the difference in heat dissipation.

ag

Thanks

Default Cards

the so called seller cards and the public cards ARE THE SAME CARDS,,, the uk cards use a GAM file,, the australia card use a BIN file,

Thanks

[QUOTE=agarol;. I have obtained several public gammas, and they are different to the extent that they have different contact patterns.
    ag[/QUOTE]

Thats Interesting agarol as i have 3 dead sellers cards(and i mean dead) and 3 gamma cards from the UK and they have the same contact pattern and the cards themselves look the same as in colour and thickness (beside the pirate pics) so maybe there is more then one type being used.

Tagg

• Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast