Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Are Sellers And Gammas The Same?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by markfs View Post
    The one thing that most of you have not observed in your search's is that there are several chinese manufactures making the at90sc7272 card as with all clones some will behave differently to others
    That is why I posted the information and program supplied by the Chinese Card supplier. Are the cards really ATMEL cards or poor clones purporting to be so.

I always wonder when we talk about products - like so called clone Dreamboxes from China -

A true clone is supposed to be identical to the original and the Dreamboxes certainly are not. Perhaps Pirate copies is the term we should use, not clones.

However, the white cards from China I have seen do appear to be identical to those I have seen coming via Europe - cards others have may well be different.

I do know the ATR changed after programming, and if the programming was done incorrectly three times the card became locked and a different ATR appeared.

Thanks

Default off subject

a clone should be a direct copy but that infringes copywrite laws so changes are made, under patent laws it is was that a product had to have 7 different things to get a new patent issued. Clones mainly use same chips but are usually quality control regects.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by earlsdon View Post
    Below is the AT90SC7272c OS Loader written by 007.4 - The script is used to load a new OS to a virgin or blank AT90SC7272c card. It turns the blank card into a Gamma - there are two versions of the file in the zip - one with a dummy Transport code and the other with the actual Transport code I was supplied by the card supplier along with the blank card.

Once unzipped the files can be read in Ultraedit or Notepad - They are well commented and 007.4 explains the process. (The files are VBScript files - I used WinExporer in a CAS3 to run the files)

That script by 007.4 has been around for maybe a year. I would be interested to know if anybody has used it successfully to put any OS onto a 7272. From what I can gather, there seem to have been quite a few failures.

The other issue is whether anybody has put the gamma OS onto an atmel card successfully.

I remain extremely sceptical that the gamma OS is written for the 7272, so if anybody has actually done this, I would be most interested to hear.

Is what you claim actually true? ie "It turns the blank card into a Gamma"

ag
    Energy is the father of creation

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by agarol View Post
    snip.......
    Is what you claim actually true? ie "It turns the blank card into a Gamma"

ag
    The claim was made by 007.4 in the info supplied with the script and verified at the Sataid forum by babis3g (the forum Moderator)

As far as running the script. I was not able to get a result with a true virgin card. However, the script did run successfully on a cleaned Gamma and it changed the ATR - from what I have read as the gamma card was originally activated with the correct transport code - then the card cleaned - any transport code works if the script is re-run.

re: changed the ATR above.

I made a note at the time the ATR was different, but I never wrote down the before and after ATR - I must have presumed I would remember (That was a stupid decidsion - now I no longer presume I will remember, and I write everything down.)

Thanks

so you were able to write a new os to a virgin gamma?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mickc View Post
    so you were able to write a new os to a virgin gamma?
    No, as I said in the previous post "I was not able to get a result with a true virgin card. However, the script did run successfully on a cleaned Gamma"

The cleaned Gamma card after running the file still takes the old Austar gam files but of course there is no way of testing it now to see if they are really being accepted - although there is no error reported when the card is programmed.

I have not experimented with a true sellers card . . . one day they might be of use for something and there is no sense destroying them yet....... and before someone asks, I am not interested in trying with them for SelecTV - they are the only Pay-TV co that tries to look after its customers.

Thanks

The claim made by 007.4 was that the script would clean an Atmel card and enable the loading of an OS written for the 7272. It did NOT claim that it was possible to turn it into a gamma.

Could you please post a link to the thread on the sataid forum that supports your claims?

ag

Thanks

The claim made by 007.4 was that the script would clean an Atmel card and enable the loading of an OS written for the 7272. It did NOT claim that it was possible to turn it into a gamma.

ag
    Yeah that's what I remember as well. If he's got his facts wrong about that ,then I'd say he's wrong about the sataid claims as well.

Thanks

Below is the Chinese supplied program to add the Atmel Transport Code to the AT90SC7272c. The zip includes pictures explaining how to undertake the process. However, I found it was not easy to follow as I am not able to read Chinese

For a start it looks like that program won't support a 7272c and I think you may need (not sure) to use the card reader supplied by the company as well.
    These are the cards it supports and this is from the website they had.
    ◆ AT24C01A ◆ AT24C02 ◆ AT24C04
    ◆ AT24C08 ◆ AT24C16 ◆ AT24C32 ◆ AT24C08 ◆ AT24C16 ◆ AT24C32
    ◆ AT24C64 ◆ AT45D041 ◆ AT88SC102 ◆ AT24C64 ◆ AT45D041 ◆ AT88SC102
    ◆ AT88SC1604 ◆ AT88SC1608B ◆ AT88SC1608 ◆ AT88SC1604 ◆ AT88SC1608B ◆ AT88SC1608
    ◆ AT93C46 ◆ SSF1101 ◆ SLE4404 ◆ AT93C46 ◆ SSF1101 ◆ SLE4404
    ◆ SLE4406 ◆ SLE4418 ◆ SLE4428 ◆ SLE4406 ◆ SLE4418 ◆ SLE4428
    ◆ SLE4432 ◆ SLE4442 ◆ T=0、T=1 CPU ◆ SLE4432 ◆ SLE4442 ◆ T = 0, T = 1 CPU

Ag, I think we need to clear the decks and start from scratch.. Too much BS floating around on this subject.

Thanks

Could you please post a link to the thread on the sataid forum that supports your claims?

ag
    Sorry for the delay in a reply - been in Canberra for the Summer Nats - didn't have access to a computer while I was away.

I copied the info from Sataid in 2007 I used in above posts, along with the file from 007.4 - but so far I am not able to find the link in question at Sataid - perhaps it has been deleted.

In my search this morning at Sataid I was only able to find a single post by 007.4. He said "The so called Gamma OS is actually the old MII/Platinum card OS"

However, from memory the post I took the info from I posted earlier, was by babis3g (Sataid Forum Mod) and he was quoting 007.4.

I was able to run the file from 007.4 on what was previously a working Gamma card - but I did make a note at the time about the ATR - it appeared to be different.

The working Gamma, after running the file from 007.4, still accepted the short lived Austar gam files without any reported error. However, as these files no longer work - there is no way of testing if the card would work.

re Chinese program
    I received the Chinese program complete with several cards in 2007 (along with a transport code that was supposed to apply to all the cards supplied).

I had no success with the Chinese program or the cards from China. The file from 007.4 would not run successfully on the virgin cards from China using the supplied transport code
    Last edited by earlsdon; 06-01-09 at 11:44 AM. Reason: Correcting last year - to read 2007 (as now it is 2009)

Thanks

I was able to run the file from 007.4 on what was previously a working Gamma card - but I did make a note at the time about the ATR - it appeared to be different.

The working Gamma, after running the file from 007.4, still accepted the short lived Austar gam files without any reported error. However, as these files no longer work - there is no way of testing if the card would work.
    Hope you enjoyed the Nats. Sounds like the crowds were down though.

I'm quite confused by your experiements. I don't understand how virginising the gammacard with 007.4's script would then allow you to send gam files to it.

Is it possible that the 007.4 script didn't do anything to the gammacard, so it remained a gammacard, and hence accepted the gam file?

I have no problem at all with 007.4's script. Indeed, I have virginised a titan card (AT90SC6464) and then loaded didem OS, and then in turn loaded didem files to the (now) didem card. But I remain sceptical that you can virginise a gammacard with the tools available on the net.

ag

Thanks

This is my understanding of the "gamma" cards.

Gamma is the OS on the card.
    The 7272c or what ever is a "blank" card with NO os installed. as a result if you buy a Blank card and want to make it a "gamma" you will need 2 things, the TS Code to unlock the card and the Gamma OS for THAT card.

Once the OS is loaded you can then send the "application" to that card that works with the os eg: the irdeto code for the gamma os that is on your card.

The "clean" command is a gamma os command that allows the card to have the old application erased and a new application installed.

As a kinda comparsion to the old gold/silver cards.
    Gamma Compatiable card, i will call a GCC
    Gold/Silver Card I will call a GSC

GCC needs a TC to unlock it - a GSC does not
    GCC needs an OS installed - a GSC does not

Once the gamma os is installed it is then called a "Gamma"
    you can now insall the Gamma Application; like you would have installed the PIC hex application on the GSC

You then send Details to the Gamma Application, Just like you would have sent the crd files to the GSC.

Of course this is just my understanding. I have not done this myself, it is all from reading about the cards and codes used.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by crypto7 View Post
    This is my understanding of the "gamma" cards.

Gamma is the OS on the card.
    The 7272c or what ever is a "blank" card with NO os installed. as a result if you buy a Blank card and want to make it a "gamma" you will need 2 things, the TS Code to unlock the card and the Gamma OS for THAT card.

Once the OS is loaded you can then send the "application" to that card that works with the os eg: the irdeto code for the gamma os that is on your card.

The "clean" command is a gamma os command that allows the card to have the old application erased and a new application installed.

As a kinda comparsion to the old gold/silver cards.
    Gamma Compatiable card, i will call a GCC
    Gold/Silver Card I will call a GSC

GCC needs a TC to unlock it - a GSC does not
    GCC needs an OS installed - a GSC does not

Once the gamma os is installed it is then called a "Gamma"
    you can now insall the Gamma Application; like you would have installed the PIC hex application on the GSC

You then send Details to the Gamma Application, Just like you would have sent the crd files to the GSC.

Of course this is just my understanding. I have not done this myself, it is all from reading about the cards and codes used.
    No argument with the concept that a gammacard is a blank wafer of some sort with the gamma os on it.

HOWEVER, from here on it all becomes lots of rumours, as there still isn't one person who has been able to turn an Atmel 7272 into a gamma. There is no proof I have seen that says that a gammacard is a 7272, and therefore no proof that one needs a transport code for a gammacard.

Also no argument that Atmel cards like the 6464 and 7272 need a transport code before they can have other os's loaded (titan, didem, etc), but gamma? maybe not.

I think somebody started the rumour that gammas are 7272's and it became the truth. When you think about it, if you were the gamma team, then allowing the rumour to continue would be a great way to prevent anybody making their own gammacard as it can never work if the card is the wrong type.

But then, maybe I'm just starting a conspiracy theory

ag

Thanks

Yep, agreed. No proof that the 7272 can have the gamma os installed.

The key point I am trying to make is the the gamma is an OS not a "type" of smartcard. and the 7272, 6464 etc is a type of smart card.

The questions should be
    1. Does anyone have the Gamma OS (it just an application for it)
    2. What type of card is the Gamma OS for.

People seem to miss the point that the gam files and "os" files they have my NOT be the os as such.

Thanks

Real Gamma Card is not At90SC ATMEL ^^
    Last edited by $80; 08-01-09 at 07:04 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by $80 View Post
    Real Gamma Card is not At90SC ATMEL ^^
    Well if its not what is it then ?? nice bit of info for your first post

Tagg

Thanks
    Thanked 3,135 Times in 1,633 Posts

Thanks

I think Anaconda and Minerva should be included in the 7272 cards.
    ag

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,599 Times in 1,950 Posts

$80 stated gamma code was written for a motorola chip, before he edited his post.....

going by agarol's dissection photo's he's probably correct.
    Last edited by hoe; 08-01-09 at 12:13 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hoe View Post
    $80 stated gamma code was written for a motorola chip, before he edited his post.....
    Good work Hoe.

• Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast