Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DVX DVX-555U PVR Firmware

Thanks

Talking DVX-555U SD Digital Set Top Box

G’day, I am wonder if anyone knows the solution to the following which I purchased from deals direct!
    I have just upgraded software and now all my channels have disappeared and won’t pick any thing up, Is there a way to reverse to the original version and if so where do I download it from, I presume it will be the same as I upgraded with my usb stick.
    Youre help much appreciated
    help!
    Diesel

Thanks

Hi Diesel,

I bought a second DVX 555U around June 2009 and it had the latest firmware at that time on it. I use it instead of the old one (bought in 2007 or 2008) as it has twice the signal strength, not sure why this is.

I updated the firmware (around Oct 09) on my old system to see if it made a difference in the signal strength, it didn't, but it still tuned in channels and worked like it did before the upgrade.

Is this a newer release of the firmware? Where did you get it from? Can you contact the people that posted this firmware?

Going by the posts on it appears to be newer firmware, maybe not recommended for the Australian model.

I saw a few still on sale before Christmas for $49 at Homeart.

All other avenues for support are pretty much closed unless you find an equivalent re-branded model overseas that has experienced this issue.

Have you tried to contact jok11n? He might have some advice on firmware.

Regards,

malcolmturnbull.

Thanks

Default I did it this way

Quote Originally Posted by checkitout View Post
    I am also interested in this device and desperately need info.
    Can someone please let me know if they can help me.

Thought I might go and buy one of these devices and want to know:

1. How easy is it to get the recorded info on the HDD read by a PC and say converted to DVD format.
    2. Assuming that 1 can be done how good is the quality of the recording?
    3. Am I also able o get this device and take Video and audio in to record to the HDD

Thanks in advance
    I recorded the program from my DVX555u to my Panasonic DVD recorder to a DVD-RAM disc it records it in a VTR? (I think or something similar) format not VOB as with a DVD. Recording to a RAM disc allows you to use the Panasonic to finely and simply edit the program using the "partial delete" in the "options menu".

Take the DVD-RAM disc to a DVD-RAM compatible DVD-RW in your computer most ASUS and LG drives are compatible with RAM discs as are later model LiteOn's.

I found TMPGEnc the easiest DVD editing program to import the video off the DVD-RAM disc into the PC. Using TMPGEnc to construct a normal DVD playable in any DVD Player.

NOTE:
    I used a DVD-RW for initial burn of my edited finished DVD if all OK I then copy the finished DVD to a DVD-R+ or R-.

It works for me. You could use TMPGEnc to edit your video files once imported onto your PC Hard Drive and build your DVD menu's if you want. I just find it easier to edit the program recorded on my Panasonic.
    Last edited by kopie; 01-09-10 at 03:54 PM.

• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12